Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Mandarin Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will you be giving it the classic "Fu Manchu" look?
There are plenty of chinese figures available.
I'd love to see pics if you ever get around to it.

Absolutely! Or close to it. You're right, plenty to choose from. I already have one in possession that I plan on using for Shang Tsung but if I make a Mandarin, it will make an appearance in this forum.

Nice figure, but better than what they're turning out today? Hardly.

Maybe not better but easily on par. His Head sculpt is way above average and the work on his clothing is also well beyond many figures released since he dropped. He definitely doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe not better but easily on par. His Head sculpt is way above average and the work on his clothing is also well beyond many figures released since he dropped. He definitely doesn't get the credit he deserves.

I'd agree with that. And the reason it's underrated is because he was a joke in the movie. Took the quintessential IM villain and made a fool of him.

I'd agree with that. And the reason it's underrated is because he was a joke in the movie. Took the quintessential IM villain and made a fool of him.

No you got it all wrong. This figure is of the real Mandarin... The guy Trevor had plastic surgery to look like! That's how I justify it anyway... ;)

Attachments

• villain.jpg
    villain.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 138
I’ve wanted this dude for so long and seeing this thread got me thinking about him again. He’s going cheap still at the moment but imagine if they decide to use the real Mandarin in the future and it’s Kingsley again. I can’t see any new figure being as good as this and this will become unobtainable for a decent price so enough sitting on the fence. Mine will arrive Monday and I can’t wait. Such a great sculpt.

Yes - it's a WIP as I need to sculpt some hair for it.

Nice. What are you going to use to sculpt the hair?

I’ve wanted this dude for so long and seeing this thread got me thinking about him again. He’s going cheap still at the moment but imagine if they decide to use the real Mandarin in the future and it’s Kingsley again. I can’t see any new figure being as good as this and this will become unobtainable for a decent price so enough sitting on the fence. Mine will arrive Monday and I can’t wait. Such a great sculpt.

You will not regret it.
The only thing he’s missing is a dusty old AK47 to lean against his chair. And a pair of foo dogs.

F64B7C44-3E8A-4C1D-B4CC-A6754AF5575B.jpg

Personally, I really enjoyed what they did with Mandarin and I loved Kingsley's performance. But I do totally get why 'Trevor' was so divisive and rubbed many people up the wrong way.

Incidentally, Popcultcha have this guy for about £85/$110 shipped at the moment. Crazy.

You will not regret it.
The only thing he’s missing is a dusty old AK47 to lean against his chair. And a pair of foo dogs.

F64B7C44-3E8A-4C1D-B4CC-A6754AF5575B.jpg

That looks superb :)

Personally, I really enjoyed what they did with Mandarin and I loved Kingsley's performance. But I do totally get why 'Trevor' was so divisive and rubbed many people up the wrong way.

Incidentally, Popcultcha have this guy for about £85/$110 shipped at the moment. Crazy.

I loved what they did with him. Great performance. I paid a bit more than £85, dammit. I suppose there would be duty to pay from Aus though?

I had the chance to get the figure really cheap a few months ago.
I love the details and passion clearly put into this figure.
I´m also one of a few people that enjoyed the twist in IM3 and in my imagination the teased real Mandarin in the MCU looks just like him. (Trevor even got facial surgery, he mentioned.)
I want to build a perfect diorama for him and maybe add a Tony Stark one day.
With his chair available, it has to be from that scene from the video where he acts like shooting that guy.
You all did amazing jobs and i would love to take inspiration of all of you to create the most accurate diorama thats possible.
Sadly I havn`t found many links to sources and files, so i would appreciate it if some of you share their sources and files.
Thank you!

I have no regrets adding this figure to the collection...

MANDARIN-008.jpg

Fantastic detail, outstanding sculpt....I like him better displayed w/o the sunglasses. Looks more intense and less cheesy this way.

MANDARIN-009.jpg

I liked the twist for him in IM3 too...left the door open to feature the "real" Mandarin someday...

As great as this figure is, if they ever do a real Mandarin story line then this figure will just be Trevor Slattery. It may not make a difference to most, as looking at it is still a great figure, but who knows what will happen later on.

As great as this figure is, if they ever do a real Mandarin story line then this figure will just be Trevor Slattery. It may not make a difference to most, as looking at it is still a great figure, but who knows what will happen later on.

Not if they decide to choose ben Kingsley to play the real Mandarin, too. After all, Trevor said he had plastic surgery. Maybe to look a little more like the original. But I think that`s very unlikely, if they choose to introduce the real mandarin in the Shang-Chi movie, they surely choose an asian actor.

Back