Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Mandarin Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What will happen?

It can discolor the head... There's a warning in the instruction book. I'm guessing it's the metallic paint. That stuff is nothing but trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got this badboy for $100 off of Craiglist. Easily has become my favourite Hot Toys figure. Going to hunt for an Ak-47 for him and maybe get the Foo Dogs, but they depend on what space Im willing to use for him.

I don't think he needed the magic rings. He just didn't need to be Trevor. I consider him the real Mandarin. The guy Trevor had plastic surgery to look like.

I must be in the minority. I loved Trevor! That said, I hope they bring Ben Kingsley back to be the true Mandarin later on. Epicness awaits.

This figure is still high on my wish list.

I don't think he needed the magic rings. He just didn't need to be Trevor. I consider him the real Mandarin. The guy Trevor had plastic surgery to look like.

If one can consider the purpose of the character was to portray how a people can be rallied behind a cause of war that is either false or manufactured (a timely issue no matter your political point of view) and the quality of the acting, putting aside the need to remain absolutely faithful to a character that is a bit one-dimensional (my opinion) and realize how the above mentioned plot makes IM3 very relevant to the times....I just can't see how anyone can be disappointed they didn't get the same "solve it with a punch to the face/repulsor blast" ending most other Iron Man movie appearances have offered.

Again, my two cents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just can't see how anyone can be disappointed they didn't get the same "solve it with a punch to the face/repulsor blast" ending most other Iron Man movie appearances have

I don't think anyone said that's what they wanted. I think a lot of people were just disappointed that Mandarin turned out to be an actor.

They created a really cool character portrayed masterfully as a Jim Jones style cult leader/terrorist, something that would have been quite different from the men in metal suits in the previous films, and then threw it away...

Mandarin could have been a very different Iron Man villain. He didn't need to be the Fu Manchu, Yellow Peril stereotype to be a cool villain... He could have been more psychological...

Shoulda woulda coulda... Doesn't really matter. He was disappointing. The fact that you can buy this magnificent figure for about $100 shipped proves people don't care for the character.

I don't think anyone said that's what they wanted. I think a lot of people were just disappointed that Mandarin turned out to be an actor.

They created a really cool character portrayed masterfully as a Jim Jones style cult leader/terrorist, something that would have been quite different from the men in metal suits in the previous films, and then threw it away...

Mandarin could have been a very different Iron Man villain. He didn't need to be the Fu Manchu, Yellow Peril stereotype to be a cool villain... He could have been more psychological...

Shoulda woulda coulda... Doesn't really matter. He was disappointing. The fact that you can buy this magnificent figure for about $100 shipped proves people don't care for the character.

Could not have said it better. However, this may change on Dr. Strange. I'm really hoping it will. After watching the Marvel OneShot, Trevor may BECOME Mandarin. The directors did say that they are not apologizing for what they did to the character and the OneShot was not an apology, however, I believe they will bring him back. How do you not use Sir Ben Kingsley's talent? I think they'll capitalize on it with Benedict Cumberbatch. They would make a great acting combo.

That would be great if he actually did become a legitimate Mandarin.

I've always said that the problem with the Mandarin in IM3 is that the "fake" one was cooler than Killian.

That would be great if he actually did become a legitimate Mandarin.

I've always said that the problem with the Mandarin in IM3 is that the "fake" one was cooler than Killian.

I can see that, but I'm a Guy Pearce fan. He could have made a better villain in another movie. Waste of his talent on this movie, however, I thought he did a good job for what he was given.

Get that's your opinion. I would say you're missing the point of the character, as from what I've read most comic book guys are which is why the figure may be selling for less, they're the ones buying these things. People felt robbed instead of trying to see what the movie was doing. My two cents, my second favorite comic villain behind Loki.

Get that's your opinion. I would say you're missing the point of the character, as from what I've read most comic book guys are which is why the figure may be selling for less, they're the ones buying these things. People felt robbed instead of trying to see what the movie was doing. My two cents, my second favorite comic villain behind Loki.

Oh I get what they were doing. I just didn't like it. It's wrong to think people don't understand something just because they don't enjoy it. Communicating that message at the expense of a beloved and important character wasn't a smart choice. Again people aren't buying the figure because they didn't like the take on the character regardless of the film makers intentions.

I don't know if he's always this price, but in an email from Pop Cultcha the other day they advertised this figure as being 50% off :) Might be a good price for those who were holding out on getting him?

I don't know if he's always this price, but in an email from Pop Cultcha the other day they advertised this figure as being 50% off :) Might be a good price for those who were holding out on getting him?

He so worth it too. One of the best Hot Toys figures I have.

He so worth it too. One of the best Hot Toys figures I have.

One of the best HT figures of all time.
I'm understanding about long time fans disliking the treatment, but we should all be so lucky as to have a figure delivered with this attention to detail.

:exactly: :goodpost: Agreed!! Awesome figure - definitely one of my favourites! :)

I never get tired of re-posing and looking over at the figure. Still on the lookout for those Chinese lion-dog things. I know they're on Amazon, need to get around buying those. And as I've posted before....if they had included a "bloody hell" Trevor head sculpt, this would have been even better!

I ordered this from Popcultcha in Aus last night for $129.99 AUD after using some saved points... From what everyone is saying, it's a really great figure and I thought I might as well strike now whilst it was sooooo cheap.

And I'm trying to build up my villains as its looking pretty empty next to Joker on my shelf as the only villain I own... :gah:

I ordered this from Popcultcha in Aus last night for $129.99 AUD after using some saved points... From what everyone is saying, it's a really great figure and I thought I might as well strike now whilst it was sooooo cheap.

And I'm trying to build up my villains as its looking pretty empty next to Joker on my shelf as the only villain I own... :gah:

That's what brought me to Mandy too. I just had Red Skull, and he looked so lonely. Now I need to scrape up the funds for Loki.

"You'll neverrr seeee meee coming."

13301477_816675488432562_1906112073592489493_o.jpg

"You took my name and now I want it back."
13320736_817567298343381_8699897257172548410_o.jpg

Textured dragon head credits to: Glen Victor, glvictor.com

Back