Hot Toys Moon Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m getting it. I doubt I would ever display it with an Oscar Isaac head sculpt anyway.

Plus I’m sure Oscar Isaac is getting it as well (if he doesn’t already).
I'd display this with the headsculpt, the plastic hood looks awful.

Per the costume designer herself, regarding a future hypothetical Jake suit:
“I think that I would make it darker. I would make it probably the black one, the black costume that’s in the comics. I would definitely start there. This is nothing that they’ve ever done, this is just me. Those suits are so amazing, and you just never know. But there was nothing that was ever, ever done.”

… Oh, I’m gonna NEED that.
Well, that settles it then, if we get an S2, we're getting the GOAT look. Hm, now do I stick with a Mr. Knight if they put him up, or wait for a hypothetical suit from a second hypothetical season? Decisions, decisions, decisions...

moon-knight-mr-knight-comics-720x720.jpg

I'll probably get both...

Really? Which photo shows that? I never noticed any gap. Is it in the Secret Base photos? I will have to look.

View attachment 575886
Some angles do show a gap. But I think I’ll manage. Just use the right poses. Heck, if it’s so distracting, I’m sure I can just stuff some gray cloth back there and it would blend in just fine.

Last edited:
Ahh ok. I thought you meant through to the back. So basically it’s like sculpted hair the more you turn the head the more exposed that side gap becomes. That is a shame, I love the Qui-Gon figure for example but it’s challenging turning his head and his hair not looking like it’s got a a ton of gel in it. Still getting it, I’m sure like Garlador said you could find a way to hide it.

This could be a fake but it seems like the on set costume and it has the gap that they got rid of when they put the CG suit over the top.

Apologies if someone already did this.

69D309C1-E198-4194-9F0C-02F9096AC992.jpeg

Ahh ok. I thought you meant through to the back. So basically it’s like sculpted hair the more you turn the head the more exposed that side gap becomes. That is a shame, I love the Qui-Gon figure for example but it’s challenging turning his head and his hair not looking like it’s got a a ton of gel in it. Still getting it, I’m sure like Garlador said you could find a way to hide it.

This could be a fake but it seems like the on set costume and it has the gap that they got rid of when they put the CG suit over the top.

Apologies if someone already did this.

View attachment 575896
Gap aside, this just doesn't look like it was plucked off of the screen like a lot of their figures do. The colouring and paint applications just look off and the whole thing comes across as flat. It's just a bit bland looking compared to how we see it in the show. Even the eyes are painted the exact same shade as the rest of it, they should be brighter than the costume.

Those secret base photos are probably how it's gonna look in most peoples displays, not good imo.

Wait and see how the final product turns out but for me this is a major disappointment. They have a lot of work to do before I even consider it.

Gap aside, this just doesn't look like it was plucked off of the screen like a lot of their figures do. The colouring and paint applications just look off and the whole thing comes across as flat. It's just a bit bland looking compared to how we see it in the show. Even the eyes are painted the exact same shade as the rest of it, they should be brighter than the costume.

Those secret base photos are probably how it's gonna look in most peoples displays, not good imo.

Wait and see how the final product turns out but for me this is a major disappointment. They have a lot of work to do before I even consider it.
If they painted the eyes too white and too thick, the light-up feature wouldn't be as prominent.

I may put some slight shadow around his face to darken up the area, though.

If they painted the eyes too white and too thick, the light-up feature wouldn't be as prominent.

I may put some slight shadow around his face to darken up the area, though.
The super important light up feature than 9/10 people wont use because the batteries suck

The super important light up feature than 9/10 people wont use because the batteries suck
Yes, but that's why I'm glad his eyes don't look DEAD. That was my concern. Without the glow, they still pop as white, and at least you can make them glow to be show-accurate while also still looking decent with them off.

It's still white-on-grayish-white, but I can see them from a distance. It passes my glance test.

beating a dead horse but it’s killing me that this doesnt have an oscar headsculpt. his acting was the highlight of the show and would really want the unmasked option

beating a dead horse but it’s killing me that this doesnt have an oscar headsculpt. his acting was the highlight of the show and would really want the unmasked option
I guess it could still happen, look at Mysterio, trying to stay positive lol but yes I will admit I was wrong and post show HT dropped the ball on this big time.

Of course MK and Mr.Knight are a must, and Scarlet Scarab too - but, this may seem a bit outlandish, but it'd be cool if they made some of the Egyptian gods. Figures of Konshu, Ammit, Taweret would look awesome.

Back