Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

Even I have to admit it's a nice looking figure. Still I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to purchase it though. I am curious to see the full reveal and what it'll have for accessories and whatnot.

Only a promise of an Obi Wan would push me to PO.

Only a promise of an Obi Wan would push me to PO.

He's bound to pop up.

giphy.gif

The problem I'd have buying this or any Prequel Trilogy character is I ultimately don't like the films still. I used to think Revenge of the Sith was fairly decent but upon rewatching it last year before going to Rogue One it's still not a good film. Better than the other two in some regards but still pretty bad with some flashes of cool moments.

ROTS is my 2nd favorite right behind ANH. I was 10 when it hit theaters and couldn't get enough of it. It was so much more intense than the previous films so it left quite an impression on me. This is the easiest purchase in long time for me.

The problem I'd have buying this or any Prequel Trilogy character is I ultimately don't like the films still. I used to think Revenge of the Sith was fairly decent but upon rewatching it last year before going to Rogue One it's still not a good film. Better than the other two in some regards but still pretty bad with some flashes of cool moments.

:goodpost:

I still feel the HS looks a bit too angular and thin, Hayden had softer features in ROTS.
Still, it's one of HT's top efforts, I'll PO this immediately.

This figure is sure to be a hot seller and it has generated a lot of positive buzz since it was shown - I suspect Hot Toys have taken notice. And it's not just because of the awesome head sculpt but perhaps importantly because those kids who watched and enjoyed the prequels are now grown up, have disposable income and are looking to purchase a slice of prequel nostalgia. Hot Toys were right to hide this figure from us for all those years and look to be releasing it at the optimum moment. I anticipate good sales which will lead to more prequel releases and of course fear, suffering and hate from the original trilogy purists.

[disclaimer I saw the prequel films in the cinema as a kid and like others before me have a soft spot for them even though I recognize they are poor films and inferior to the OT]

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kuat of Kuat again.

Yeah I do not think Disney cares about showing skin in a certain way....

I doubt they have any issues.....even Slave Leia would be ok contrary to rumors and internet nonsense.

e20eae50b1fc50dd79e5418c7e035f7a.jpeg

bad51297fbc3aff88d018410ec7c5acc.jpeg

621d7a17a7d9a8dec24c4e8240f76d00.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was old Disney. Now they have to keep up with SJWs.

Not a bad picture of this figure yet. 10/10 in my opinion from every angle they've showed the sculpt.

Bet this sells better than the TFA and RO Hot Toys crap.

1/6 Anakin > 1/6 Rey

1/6 Anakin > 1/6 Finn

1/6 Anakin > 1/6 Kylo

1/6 Anakin > 1/6 Jyn

1/6 Anakin > 1/6 1/6 Blind dude with a stick

You get the idea. I just hope Hot Toys doesn't go too crazy with the clone troopers. There are so many Stormtroopers and First Order troopers as it is.

I don't know why you say RO figures are crap. I think they are quite nice to be honest.

1/6 Anakin > 1/6 Rey

1/6 Anakin > 1/6 Finn

1/6 Anakin > 1/6 Kylo

1/6 Anakin > 1/6 Jyn

You get the idea. I just hope Hot Toys doesn't go too crazy with the clone troopers. There are so many Stormtroopers and First Order troopers as it is.

1/6 Anakin > 1/6 Rey

1/6 Anakin > 1/6 Finn

1/6 Anakin > 1/6 Kylo

1/6 Anakin > 1/6 Jyn

The "blind dude with a stick" sculpt is a 10/10 in my opinion, as is this Anakin sculpt.

All others you listed, I agree Anakin beats. Well, perhaps excluding Kylo, since there was no human facial likeness for him.

1/6 Anakin > 1/6 Rey

1/6 Anakin > 1/6 Finn

1/6 Anakin > 1/6 Kylo

1/6 Anakin > 1/6 Jyn

I agree all TFA related firgues are crap (and movie itself).
:goodpost:

Back