Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How's the neck on your figures? with all the staining issues on the robe i do hope the collar doesn't have any bleeding issues on the neck portion unlike the previous HT figures.

The staining seems to be more of a condition that’s influenced by paranoia rather than an actual problem that persists. Was watching the poser dude, Terry, from sideshow do a Sideshow live yesterday and he actually addressed that very thing. Said in all the years he’s collected 1:6 and in all the figures he has, he’s only ever had one “stain” transfer from clothing to the figure. So is it possible, rarely... I wouldn’t be concerned. Personally I’m not even paranoid about that kind of thing and have also never had a problem.

I've only had that problem a couple of times that I'm aware of.

Most of the time, I've never had any issues. Although just to be sure, what I tend to do whenever possible is to try and not rest the collar snug up against the neck to where the fabric is directly against the paint. I try and leave a little bit of a gap between the two, at least in the front area of the neck. The back of the neck there's not much you can really do there, but it doesn't matter to me because even if it stained there, you'd never see it anyway.

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

IMG_5347.jpg
I added some other prequel figures to join Anakin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks great! I wish HT would consider Aayla Secura, especially with the same (upper) seamless body as WW-TA. Of course they would have to tackle the midriff too or fudge the outfit a bit like SSC did. Plo Koon still looks pretty good in this era of figures.

This may be an odd thing to say, but I’m kinda tempted to sell my dark side version and get the normal version

This may be an odd thing to say, but I’m kinda tempted to sell my dark side version and get the normal version

Lol I'm actually having the reverse issue, every time I look at the regular on my detolf I keep thinking "man I wish I sprung for dark side instead". Ideally, if I was rolling in cash I'd just get it anyway, alas...

I do however like the "Star Wars - Anakin Skywalker" base, and I liked that he came with Dooku's saber. Small things, especially the base, and Dooku's saber is only really suitable for one pose (the crossed sabers when he's on his knees), but at the time it was enough for me to choose.

Lol I'm actually having the reverse issue, every time I look at the regular on my detolf I keep thinking "man I wish I sprung for dark side instead". Ideally, if I was rolling in cash I'd just get it anyway, alas...

I do however like the "Star Wars - Anakin Skywalker" base, and I liked that he came with Dooku's saber. Small things, especially the base, and Dooku's saber is only really suitable for one pose (the crossed sabers when he's on his knees), but at the time it was enough for me to choose.
The only problem with the dark side stand is that it won’t fit in a Detolf without removing a shelf. And while it’s nice it doesn’t seem worth it to me personally to remove a whole level as rook is pretty tight for me.

I may look at trying to get just the head somehow

whoah nice set! Also, I think ya need to pull the battle driod head more cause it doesn't look its pulled up to the max

You’re right, however they do not extend any farther no matter how hard I pull

WILL THE REAL ANAKIN SKYWALKER PLEASE STAND UP!

As I can't stand Hayden playing the person who becomes Darth Vader, but I wanted Anakin Skywalker represented in my collection, I was searching eBay for heads to see what might make a suitable alternative, and came across Civil War Winter Soldier Bucky. Having previously seen a the below photoshop of Sebastian Stan's face on Luke I though this would make the absolutely most perfect real Anakin Skywalker portrait. Enjoy.

markhamill-sebastianstan-photoshop-700x468.jpg
luke-skywalker-1.jpg
kF5sYMx.jpg

NOW THIS IS MY IDEA OF ANAKIN SKYWALKER!

Anakin-Sebastian Stan-Skywalker 01.jpg
Anakin-Sebastian Stan-Skywalker 03.jpg
Anakin-Sebastian Stan-Skywalker 02.jpg

Back