Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe Hayden said he was looking out of Vader’s mouth when he wore the suit, so the scale looks about right.

It could just be lighting, but the actual figure looks like the face shape was elongated or something, and they made the chin and jaw area a little too hard... it looked much better in the promos IMO. Also the tunic looks like it was a little closer in on the shoulders as opposed to what shipped. Some of the in-hand photos make it look like he's wearing DBZ Vegeta armor..

Hoping to see some more pics with good lighting/poses. Have been really excited about the figure but in some of the photos it makes me question my pre-order lol

fefd86cb-c742-41fa-b41a-524072270af2.jpg

It could just be lighting, but the actual figure looks like the face shape was elongated or something, and they made the chin and jaw area a little too hard... it looked much better in the promos IMO. Also the tunic looks like it was a little closer in on the shoulders as opposed to what shipped. Some of the in-hand photos make it look like he's wearing DBZ Vegeta armor..

Hoping to see some more pics with good lighting/poses. Have been really excited about the figure but in some of the photos it makes me question my pre-order lol

View attachment 397798

The elongated face, particularly the jaw line, and the wider tunic is exactly what I’m seeing too. Glad I’m not the only one! I mean, not only is the robe too short, but I also don’t see it sitting too naturally on the shoulders with the wider tunic underneath. It still looks nice overall but it’s a pass for me. At least until a Ewan McGregor figure gets released.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which Vader is that ? The one with Tarkin pack ?

gezz nearly twice as big as Anakin. I dint get the impression of him that big in ROTS when putting the armor stading next to the Emperor.

I think it's the R1 version, based on the pleated tunic.

View attachment 397798

That's what I'm seeing also on the production.

Anyone worried about the detailing on the head sculpt should take a look at this review, around 9.30 in he shows a real crisp close up of the head sculpt. Looks excellent IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEI54N41XQE

Using this video as reference and taking screenshots is exactly what I figured is the issue with the robe length

You can see that the hood is stitched a couple of inches too high which raises the bottom of the robe too high

It’s too bunched up on the back and shoulders.needs to hang down more

Excuse the clarity, after all I’m pausing the video and taking a screenshot :lecture

As far as the tunic not looking right to some, that should be an easy fix . My RO Vader had the same issue with the suit not flowing right..solution.. stripped it down to the TT body that was used and then put the suit back on. In doing this, I was able to discover a lot of the suit was not tight in some places, certain areas of the body just needed to snug against the body better, some Velcro parts like the belt and cod piece needed to stick better, etc. fortunately all of Vader’s suit was completely removable .. mostly Velcro and zippers .

From the video, looks like Anakin is the same. So I suggest anyone that gets this in hand. Right out of the box, I would strip it down to the TT body and put his clothes back on.

I’m betting, that the shirt, belt, tunic etc just need to be readjusted, refitted and repositioned to the body on Anakin. Again this can all be remedied by the process I suggested.

Last edited:
The elongated face, particularly the jaw line, and the wider tunic is exactly what I’m seeing too. Glad I’m not the only one! I mean, not only is the robe too short, but I also don’t see it sitting too naturally on the shoulders with the wider tunic underneath. It still looks nice overall but it’s a pass for me. At least until a Ewan McGregor figure gets released.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Elongated faces are generally lens distortion from cell phone cameras.

Slightly racist.

Don’t mean too trust me but so far no youtubers overseas including in Asia has mentioned or even acknowledged the robe issue ..it’s blantely obvious

Ok I take it back I apologize because these guys could be living in the U.S. ..hard to tell.

Last edited:
Using screengrabs from salekfx's video review...

Problem 1: short robe - I do not think taking the figure apart and reassembling will give you a missing inch. If it does, your whole Anakin will be short.

salekfx vid - short robe 3-7-18 (2).jpg

Problem 2: the stitching around the hood that creates this puffiness on the shoulders. It's an accurate stitch but you see the problem at this scale. Hopefully water treatment could tame this, somewhat.

salekfx vid - hood 3-7-18 (1).jpg

In conclusion: robe stays in box - or someone needs to start a custom project.

Using screengrabs from salekfx's video review...

Problem 1: short robe - I do not think taking the figure apart and reassembling will give you a missing inch. If it does, your whole Anakin will be short.

View attachment 397921

Problem 2: the stitching around the hood that creates this puffiness on the shoulders. It's an accurate stitch but you see the problem at this scale. Hopefully water treatment could tame this, somewhat.

View attachment 397922

In conclusion: robe stays in box - or someone needs to start a custom project.

The robe is definitely suffering slightly from HT Kylo REN syndrome that the suit needs to be completely stripped and refitted, even from your pics the tunic around his shoulders looks too bunched on the gloved hand side . The two inner shirts look crooked around his collar as well.

As to answer your second part..attention Toni Mei, Jinx and UnReal Customs..attention! :wink1:

Slightly racist.

How is this racist? Stereotypical maybe but not racist. No need to apologize for it. Racism= 'I'm white and my race is better than yours.' Stereotypical= 'I'm white and live in the mountains and married my cousin.'

Big difference. Him assuming foreigners don't pay attention to accuracy isn't racist. Just assuming. Race card is thrown around in today's society way too much. and BTW i am not white. Hispanic actually.

How is this racist? Stereotypical maybe but not racist. No need to apologize for it. Racism= 'I'm white and my race is better than yours.' Stereotypical= 'I'm white and live in the mountains and married my cousin.'

Big difference. Him assuming foreigners don't pay attention to accuracy isn't racist. Just assuming. Race card is thrown around in today's society way too much. and BTW i am not white. Hispanic actually.

Although you might be opening a can of worms with this reply I do appreciate your understanding and support :wave

I’m just going by what I’ve seen so far on the YouTube reviews on Anakin already been at least five reviewers and no mention of the robe discrepancy..that’s all I meant.can’t help it, so far none of them speak English or the ones that do, have a heavy accent so again to those who take offense I regret my wording because these reviewers could live in the states. :(

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

If anybody in the US has him in the 300$ range get at me please !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although you might be opening a can of worms with this reply I do appreciate your understanding and support :wave

I’m just going by what I’ve seen so far on the YouTube reviews on Anakin already been at least five reviewers and no mention of the robe discrepancy..that’s all I meant.can’t help it, so far none of them speak English or the ones that do, have a heavy accent so again to those who take offense I regret my wording because these reviewers could live in the states. :(

No need thank me, just trying to state the obvious. Again, we live in society where 1. people are super sensitive and you have to be on your toes for saying something someone 'may' find offensive. and 2. racism is not a joking matter and is thrown around way too much. Every negative thing said towards someone, or someone's country or someone's race is automatically deemed racist. Not true. How many foreigners think Americans are fat and stupid? Many people around the world think this. That doesn't make them racist, just stereotypical. Sorry to go off topic, but had to be said.

I will happily pick this up and put my SS robe on him.

No need thank me, just trying to state the obvious. Again, we live in society where 1. people are super sensitive and you have to be on your toes for saying something someone 'may' find offensive. and 2. racism is not a joking matter and is thrown around way too much. Every negative thing said towards someone, or someone's country or someone's race is automatically deemed racist. Not true. How many foreigners think Americans are fat and stupid? Many people around the world think this. That doesn't make them racist, just stereotypical. Sorry to go off topic, but had to be said.

I will happily pick this up and put my SS robe on him.

:exactly: in some countries they think Americans speak with an accent..go figure :dunno

Back