Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to glue them. I'm guessing there are small magnets in them since they will stay down for a few seconds before popping up.

I have never had any reason to try opening them.
I put a little pressure on one just now and the feeling i get is that it's glued shut. I can't imagine why they would go to the trouble of putting magnets in there. What could you store in them?

From the trailers, it seems this suit is making a comeback. Not sure if it's in a flashback, but it'll be nice to see it on screen again.

Spoiler Spoiler:

From the trailers, it seems this suit is making a comeback. Not sure if it's in a flashback, but it'll be nice to see it on screen again.

I think it's a different suit but a similar fit to this TFA one. I don't think their attempt in The Avengers to transform his comic outfit into real life was well received so their going back to a looser fitting look

Just wanted to show my Kitbashed WWII Comic version of the Cap, what do you guys think? I used the Capt America avengers body for this Kitbash.

Conceptually I like this a lot. The head looks too big for the body though. Maybe its just the pose.

On an unrelated note I finally came to an accord with my wife on a spot in the house where I could display mine.

I was soooooo close to getting an Avengers Cap to go with him. But money got tight. Hopefully I can dig out and get one before the new Cap figures go on pre-order.

Hello all,
has any one tried Testors (Model master lacquer overcoat semi-gloss) to go over the shield to prevent flaking?
Thanks to all for reply

Spoiler Spoiler:

has anyone popped the head out for an empty helmet look? Just hot water and pull? Please send me in the right direction...

The helmet doesn't come off. You have to mod it like Barry did, and you basically get the face with the indentations of where the helmet was. There are some pictures of it several pages back, not sure where. The more recent pics you see with him holding the helmet, that's a different head sculpt.

has anyone popped the head out for an empty helmet look? Just hot water and pull? Please send me in the right direction...

This the kind of thing you were after?

IMG_2361.jpg

IMG_2396.jpg

IMG_2683_zps3fc51bf5.jpg

Or were you hoping the helmet would pop off and it would look like this?

SAM_0218_zps0269f8b7.jpg

I'm more interested in the helmet than the head... Going for the unmasked look with a different sculpt, and the helmet off...

Well whatever you do, DON'T dunk it in boiling water to get it out. The entire back of the head and the forehead is glued to the lid, and the only way to remove it without destroying the helmet is to dremel the head inside away.

Back