Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, I'm new here. I just got my First Avenger Captain America yesterday, my first 1/6 scale purchase, and the zipper came. I tried to get it back on and broke it in half. Are there faulty zippers on this piece, or do I just have to look on ebay for a replacement jacket? That aside, I love the figure and he has good placement of the star on his chest, and the A on his helmet. I got my figure from BBTS so I'm not sure what there policy is compared to Sideshow.. I plan to get my figures from Sideshow in the future though, and have five figures on preorder already.

Mine also broke off when I tried to zip it back up after a body swap. Luckily it was zip all the way up so I put a few drops of super glue at the top to keep it for opening back up. I haven't a any more problems. Of couse I will never be ableto take the top off, but I wasn't planning to.

AFM

Mine also broke off when I tried to zip it back up after a body swap. Luckily it was zip all the way up so I put a few drops of super glue at the top to keep it for opening back up. I haven't a any more problems. Of couse I will never be ableto take the top off, but I wasn't planning to.

AFM

Mine came unzipped, so I took it off and tried to get the zipper back with no luck. I suppose it could have been worse. Replacing the jacket isn't as costly as replacing the head.

i have the hot toys and building a life size. Love this costume way better than the avengers
IMAG0747.jpg

Got this figure finally the other day. Man, this guy is a total sleeper. Hot Toys' best kept secret is this figure IMO. Jump on for a good price while you still can.

I never understood why it was a sleeper either! It really is one of the most fantastic figures I own. But I was also a big fan of the costume in the movie, too. I just think they really nailed the appearance at his scale. The Avengers Cap costume has grown on me, but I think this is just perfect.

Love the newspaper article. Nice touch. I'd love to see a cap with a cab door custom like the pic.

Just bought another head on eBay and I'm looking to empty the helmet so he can hold it when I get the Rogers head from the avengers version. Anybody remember the guys name or what page it's on? The guy that did that mod and made his own head?

Hellz Manik, that suit looks incredible, I also love the newspaper article. Is that a real prop or did make it somehow?

That sounds pretty cool jedijim3002, I might have to do the same thing. I'm still wondering if I can pull off making the helmet glossy, or if I should bother.

So I had to exchange my Cap because he had a faulty zipper. I'm guess it'll be around two weeks before I get my replacement (BBTS), but it's worth it for such a nice figure. I'm still bummed we're probably not going to get Bucky or Peggy. I feel like Cap and Thor both got overlooked in terms of the rich supporting cast.

Got this figure finally the other day. Man, this guy is a total sleeper. Hot Toys' best kept secret is this figure IMO. Jump on for a good price while you still can.

Yep damn straight! It's one of those pieces that wow you once you have it in hand. I love it.

Finally got it today and I do like it a lot more than I thought I would. It's weird, the flaws everybody talks about are definitely there tho. It has terrible articulation in the arms, color is a little too light, paint on the face is way too pale, but overall it doesn't take away too much from what is most important to me, the overall look of the figure. The suit and especially the helmet are so accurate its crazy. Literally the only thing that bothers me is the shield, way too shiny, but besides that I love it.

Last edited:
Back