Hot Toys - MMS: X-Men 1st Class (License Discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS: X-Men 1st Class

After reading that Fassbender had a restraining order against him for abusing his ex girlfriend I don't really want a figure in his likeness.

Emma Frost is the only one i'd buy now and I doubt we'll get her since they've taken their sweet time on doing anything with this license.

We shouldn't believe everything we read.

Agree. And I REALLY wanted this figure.

But as you can see, our male counterparts will throw up every excuse to justify getting it.

Crazy actors I can handle. Drug users – fine by me. And historical figures, they seem a pretty valid exception, because they represent reality.

But celebrities that assault, rape or murder are not someone I want in my collection. They taint what they represent.

You and your taste for generalizing...

Just fyi, that ex-girlfriend dropped all the charges.

A lot of people on this board have trouble with the concept of personal preference. :lol
They closed the Aspie Boards, whatcha ya gonna do?

Magneto demands a voice-chip, so he can scream "OIM FOOKIN MAGNOITO, YAS BALLICKS!"

Last edited:

You and your taste for generalizing...

At the time I posted that it, my comment was simply the truth. Later guys like morphosis and The Mike came and offered either support or respectably nuanced positions. Notice that the third woman on this thread, Piperita, also joined in expressing discomfort. I know that is a 'generalistion' but not many women are 'meh' about domestic and sexual violence.

We shouldn't believe everything we read.

Just fyi, that ex-girlfriend dropped all the charges.

I cannot explain the psychology of some women when it comes to domestic violence. It is a sad reality that victims frequently go back to their abusers (men can show the same too when being abused by their spouse).

But the extraordinarily specific detail that it caused "bursting an ovarian cyst" leads me to believe some serious assault happened. That is not something a woman fabricates.

But yes, it sucks this line has been curb stomped (to continue our theme :wink1:) by the tag team of Iron Man and Batman. I would still buy Mystique or Xavier though. Fassbender will not ruin this film for me.

Toys and politics, YAY! :slap:lecture:offtopic::horse:yuck

I find incredibly sad if you consider concern about domestic violence to be a matter of "politics". In any case, the issue relates directly to whether or not some of us will buy this figure, so it hardly off-topic.

Neither are most men.

So then why is there a clear disconnect in many of the posts here between a toy of a person and the violence he perpetrated in real life?

I'm not saying it makes them bad people to still want the figure, but it hardly shows the same sensitivity to issue that others feel.

I WILL SPEND $200 ON AN XAVIER OR MAGNETO IF THEY COME WITH BOTH THAT BLUE/YELLOW OUTIFT AND THE FINAL SCENE SUITS.

(sorry about the caps, thread was getting depressing.)

I find incredibly sad if you consider concern about domestic violence to be a matter of "politics". In any case, the issue relates directly to whether or not some of us will buy this figure, so it hardly off-topic.

This is a toy forum. I have no interest in reading a full page about the possibility of an actor being quilty of DV. It is a very serious issue, it just doesn't belong here

Meh, I'll still buy some figures, but definitely not priority anymore.

Feel like they are going to drop some of their licenses at this point.

Thought this thread finally had some news on a release date....oh well.
4ug9dx.jpg

So then why is there a clear disconnect in many of the posts here between a toy of a person and the violence he perpetrated in real life?

I'm not saying it makes them bad people to still want the figure, but it hardly shows the same sensitivity to issue that others feel.

Do you have any proof to support such statement? As far as I know there hasn't been any kind of trial or anything of that sort to confirm that what you are saying is true.

If you are really interested, I'd advise you to do a little research on the subject. You will find interesting how the ex-girlfriend made such allegations long after they had broken up, how this was not the first time she had accused an ex-boyfriend of abuse, and not only that, but also how her major claim was not to see him in prison, as she should, but to receive $20,000...etc

I am obviously against any king of abuse, be it against women, men, ...but maybe, I say maybe, you should take into account that those allegations might be false? Just an idea.

To answer your question...well, this is obviously a toy forum, and even though there are some more serious topics than others, most of them are dedicated to the hobby of collecting. People don't come here to talk about this or that person's life, but to share their interest in the characters, statues, figures etc they like. Not so difficult to understan really, don't you think?

:peace

To answer your question...well, this is obviously a toy forum, and even though there are some more serious topics than others, most of them are dedicated to the hobby of collecting. People don't come here to talk about this or that person's life, but to share their interest in the characters, statues, figures etc they like. Not so difficult to understan really, don't you think?

:peace

You do remember that I did not start this topic, right?

What I did is offer my support for another female collector who had voiced the original concern, only to have her views poo-pooed by multiple posters. I am glad she brought it up and I do intend to look into it more.

And as I said, the fact that this would keep some of us from buying a figure that otherwise interests us, makes it a completely valid topic of discussion.

People descend into flame wars here over the most trivial things. I think we ought to be able to hold a discussion on a more serious topic relating to collecting once in a while without people moaning about the very notion.

I don't look at it as I'm buying a figure of the actor, I never have. I'm buying a figure of Magneto, one my favorite mutant baddies. If an actors a scumbag then shame of him but I let his dirty deeds get in the way of my enjoy of the character. MJ was a super wierdo but I still like the Thriller video.

Back