1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Wonder Woman - Wonder Woman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unnamed.jpg

Well I mean I'm pretty certain WW is the DCEU's fourth actual entry/installment thus far, regardless of one's sentiments towards the previous three. They weren't fake or anything, I distinctly recall actually seeing them.

22475511.gif

I thought BvS was aight. I only watch it for the Batman scenes, but I didn't think it was the worst thing ever.

At this point the only upcoming DCEU offerings I'm looking forward to are Affleck's solo film and the rumored MoS 2. I couldn't care less about the other stuff, but I'll still go see them.

£55 customs and tax charges for mine from ups!!!
This is definitely the last hot toys I get from sideshow, ended up costing more than buying direct from Hong Kong on day of release-months ago!
I call ********

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£55 customs and tax charges for mine from ups!!!
This is definitely the last hot toys I get from sideshow, ended up costing more than buying direct from Hong Kong on day of release-months ago!
I call ********

What sideshow has to do with taxes and custom charges of your country? What's the difference iif you buy from HK? It's still import from outside the eu.

What sideshow has to do with taxes and custom charges of your country? What's the difference iif you buy from HK? It's still import from outside the eu.

I'm not blaming sideshow. The customs duty is stupid expensive tho-£55 for an item that cost £180 is pretty excessive.
I can get it from Hong Kong from most sellers on eBay who will mark it as a low value gift and you don't have any customs or taxes to pay.
I thought it would have been cheaper from sideshow but obviously not

I'm not blaming sideshow. The customs duty is stupid expensive tho-£55 for an item that cost £180 is pretty excessive.
I can get it from Hong Kong from most sellers on eBay who will mark it as a low value gift and you don't have any customs or taxes to pay.
I thought it would have been cheaper from sideshow but obviously not

That's cool. I don't have such luck as custom officers here are quite active and even google products with suspiciously low value from HK/China.

That's cool. I don't have such luck as custom officers here are quite active and even google products with suspiciously low value from HK/China.

Wow
That sucks, Iv bought literally hundreds of hot toys over the years from the same seller who always marks as low value gift and Iv never been stung by customs once.
Maybe the work load in the uk is higher or Iv just been incredibly lucky.
But yeah il be doin if that way from now on, save money and get it within 4 days of release

I wonder why Hot Toys doesn't just use the TA sculpt w/rooted hair for THIS figure (come up with something new for JL)? Doing so would keep the figures consistent with the films they're associated with (BvS and Wonder Woman). And fans will be more inclined to pay another $250 for this if it offers more than just a few extra accessories. IMO, it would be a great way to honor this phenomenal movie, the first cinematic actor to play the part, the character herself and we the collectors!!!!

I wonder why Hot Toys doesn't just use the TA sculpt w/rooted hair for THIS figure (come up with something new for JL)? Doing so would keep the figures consistent with the films they're associated with (BvS and Wonder Woman). And fans will be more inclined to pay another $250 for this if it offers more than just a few extra accessories. IMO, it would be a great way to honor this phenomenal movie, the first cinematic actor to play the part, the character herself and we the collectors!!!!

I wish they'd try one with sculpted hair. TA sculpt looks amazing, hopefully the WW solo or JL regular armour versions match it for quality. Still, very happy with this as their first attempt. Can't wait to finally add it to my collection.

I wish they'd try one with sculpted hair. TA sculpt looks amazing, hopefully the WW solo or JL regular armour versions match it for quality. Still, very happy with this as their first attempt. Can't wait to finally add it to my collection.

YES!

They're gonna be making a bunch of Wonder Women any way, it'd be great if they could make one with sculpted hair. Experiment with it, by doing swap out hair pieces. People would buy it, and it would look good out of the box.

Take it a step further and put it on a body without the "seamless" rubber, so people can pose it dynamically too! There are so many shots of the figure in museum poses or near museum poses in the BvS WW thread. It's boring.

dursocapjr78;9454946[B said:
]I wonder why Hot Toys doesn't just use the TA sculpt w/rooted hair for THIS figure (come up with something new for JL)?[/B] Doing so would keep the figures consistent with the films they're associated with (BvS and Wonder Woman). And fans will be more inclined to pay another $250 for this if it offers more than just a few extra accessories. IMO, it would be a great way to honor this phenomenal movie, the first cinematic actor to play the part, the character herself and we the collectors!!!!

Until either figure gets officially announced I wouldn't hold to tightly to what we saw showcased for WW or JL as definite of what they will use. I think it means far less than what we assume and they were most likely just trying to get something out to showcase and tease before they were even done with making proto-types. They also probably wanted the figures to look a bit different from one another while they were displayed together; the cloak for WW helped with one and re-purposing the training version sculpt with a "wig" helped make the JL look different too. So who knows what we will actually get for either one when they actually get announced. It's possible they will rework the training version with rooted hair for one or both of them, or we could get an all new sculpt for one or both, or it could end up being close to how they showcased it. I am not saying it definitely couldn't be, just that we actually don't really know yet what they are planning other than planning 2 more possible releases, one for WW and one for JL.

Until either figure gets officially announced I wouldn't hold to tightly to what we saw showcased for WW or JL as definite of what they will use. I think it means far less than what we assume and they were most likely just trying to get something out to showcase and tease before they were even done with making proto-types. They also probably wanted the figures to look a bit different from one another while they were displayed together; the cloak for WW helped with one and re-purposing the training version sculpt with a "wig" helped make the JL look different too. So who knows what we will actually get for either one when they actually get announced. It's possible they will rework the training version with rooted hair for one or both of them, or we could get an all new sculpt for one or both, or it could end up being close to how they showcased it. I am not saying it definitely couldn't be, just that we actually don't really know yet what they are planning other than planning 2 more possible releases, one for WW and one for JL.

Yeah I'm thinking/hoping the same things.

Back