1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Wonder Woman - Wonder Woman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dd6c7f3fa57c94ed110276c3371adc43.jpg
3726ddd2d4c0401baf3530d5def455e4.jpg

Comparing these picks from the film with the figure on display is interesting. It looks like they have the weapons belt on the outside of cloak like she wore while riding the horse, but I prefer it on the inside like she had it in the group shop. I hope the belt is adjustable so it works both ways well. Also, I feel like the frilly part of the cloak is a bit too much on the figure and should be toned down some.

Comparing these picks from the film with the figure on display is interesting. It looks like they have the weapons belt on the outside of cloak like she wore while riding the horse, but I prefer it on the inside like she had it in the group shop. I hope the belt is adjustable so it works both ways well. Also, I feel like the frilly part of the cloak is a bit too much on the figure and should be toned down some.

There are actually two different leather strap thingys, the one she wears one the outside of the cloak is thicker:

fa01769da14b1bc305ece2648788170b.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope it's just a case of poor lighting but the cloak on the figure looks so poor compared to the one she wore in the movie. Capes are usually HT achilles heel, hopefully we don't have to add cloaks to that list.

There are actually two different leather strap thingys, the one she wears one the outside of the cloak is thicker:

ah... great catch. Thanks. I missed that. :duff

I hope it's just a case of poor lighting but the cloak on the figure looks so poor compared to the one she wore in the movie. Capes are usually HT achilles heel, hopefully we don't have to add cloaks to that list.

Maybe the lighting is highlighting the frilly part in an unflattering way, and it may also hang and drape better without the outer strap. I hope they get this right because if you can recreate the group photo pick its such a good look, but if doesn't look good and hang right it might be worthless.

The group shot pose of her with the cloak would be an excellent pose for this figure. I just hope that HT finds a way to prevent the body from being stained by the dye on the cloak if you want to leave it on for a long period of time.

The group shot pose of her with the cloak would be an excellent pose for this figure. I just hope that HT finds a way to prevent the body from being stained by the dye on the cloak if you want to leave it on for a long period of time.

Damn, hadn't even considered that. I'll try and get one of these cloaks parted out as long as there are no issues like that.

New Era makes a hat protector spray that keeps the dye in the hate from running, it would probably work the same way on the cloak too.

Good point that now has me concerned to try to make one myself.

We really need Tony Mei to do one ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm probably in for every version, despite the small variations between some. I'm praying that they come up with a better material to mimic the fur lining. The coat is an awesome look but HT can do much better than that

I remember watching this scene unfold and praying to god that it wouldn't turn into this:

post-62768-i-am-no-man-gif-imgur-tumblr-p-3ksu.gif

I applaud them so much for not taking it that route. Easily one of my favorite moments and action sequences of any CBM.

:lol I think there were tons of people that had Eowyn's line run through their head at that moment, while praying "don't say it! don't say it!". Like Billion said, I'm grateful that the idea was implied but not verbalized. Such a well executed, awesome part

:lol I think there were tons of people that had Eowyn's line run through their head at that moment, while praying "don't say it! don't say it!". Like Billion said, I'm grateful that the idea was implied but not verbalized. Such a well executed, awesome part

It is really indicative of so many moments of the movie which demonstrated a mastery of directing, editing, acted and story telling finding the perfect balance between various ways something may have been too much or not enough if the movie was in the hands of other people. The whole movie was executed so well.

Agreed. I like talking about the movies better in the figure threads than in the movie threads. This is where the people who actually liked the movies tend to hang out :lol

Agreed. I like talking about the movies better in the figure threads than in the movie threads. This is where the people who actually liked the movies tend to hang out :lol

:exactly:

I think I went to the movie section once during my time here. Never saw a corner of the Internet with so much negativity and hate. :lol

Never went back after that.

:exactly:

I think I went to the movie section once during my time here. Never saw a corner of the Internet with so much negativity and hate. :lol

Never went back after that.

Completely agree with you guys. Enjoyed a movie recently? Go find the movie thread and they'll tell you why you should hate it :lol

Figure threads are where it's at. That is, unless you're a PT figure like Anakin, then you're screwed no matter where you go.

Completely agree with you guys. Enjoyed a movie recently? Go find the movie thread and they'll tell you why you should hate it :lol

Figure threads are where it's at. That is, unless you're a PT figure like Anakin, then you're screwed no matter where you go.

Well, there are limits even in the figure thread, but perhaps because we are shelling out big bucks to have something like a high quality figure which represents the movie we tend to be more generous about the movie in question. I love the Wonder Woman (but almost everyone does I guess), and it was only after seeing it I decided I must have a Hot Toys figure of her, but I don't feel the same way about the other DCEU figures even though they look really cool. I recently made the mistake of expressing my reasons for not liking BvS in one the DC Batman figure threads and whoa, I set off a response. I didn't think I was being 'too negative', I didn't think I was being a hater, just critiquing what I thought was a terrible story with questionable characterizations and motivations, but I should have known better, because those in such threads have invested hundreds of dollars on figures from these movies. They LOVE these films, and have invested with real money to celebrating those films through their collections, so people tend to be more generous about the things they love.

Not everyone is positive about the movies in figure threads, but my guess is you will have more because if you are buying a figure from a film in most cases you are a fan of that film and think well of it enough to invest your money to have something expensive sitting on your shelf which represents that film.

I made the mistake of looking in those threads after the Wonder Woman movie came out. Was shocked by the negativity and all round cynicism. Can't even imagine what that place was like in the days and weeks after BvS was released. :lol

unless you're a PT figure like Anakin, then you're screwed no matter where you go.

As I like to say with Star Wars: nobody hates Star Wars more than die hard fans of Star Wars. :lol

They seem to find more reasons to hate the films rather than be entertained by them.

Back