Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There’s the Black Series Titanium helmet that was exclusive to GameStop as well.

I have that one. It’s a little flat but the Gentle Giant one looks a bit squashed as well.

The Sideshow one might be best.

Hey guys, quick question. I’m thinking of having the SS Luke X-Wing helmet repainted to match the helmet Rey has on Jakku.

Should I use the Sideshow helmet or, since repaints in this hobby are expensive, wait to see if/when HT does an X-wing helmet in case that’s better structurally. (Gonna ask this in the Luke thread too).

I brought an xwing helmet that someone had repainted a while back. Can’t remember where it came from originally, but it does have to be seperated to get it on Rey’s head (the buns get in the way), and probably makes her look bobble headed

D57A6DE1-8A1E-4C8E-9346-A48AC04B251F.jpg

:duff Thanks for the thoughts guys. Missed opportunity for one of the helmet makers like the titanium series to do this one. I’ll probably wait and see what HT eventually comes up with.

If you treat it as an accessory then going with the most easily accessible option is probably your best bet. But if you want her to wear it then you'll need to go fancier.

Was adding some new items to the downstairs collection and found myself admiring Rey, and doing a slight repose.

This is a pretty detailed and great figure.
Decided to do an action pose with a wind swept look.

f53081ac762cd5d7b7dd2785ab58c47e.jpg

420f008944a312929d98fcf021d12447.jpg

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Nice pics! The sculpt isn’t the greatest (though I personally think it’s better than TLJ one), but I think she’s still a really fun figure to pose. You could go with her full scavenger look as you did, her basic TFA look holding just her staff, or wielding the lightsaber.

Those are nice shots. I agree about the sculpts so far...not bad, just off. I hope they can nail it with Episode IX...last chance, HT...get her right!

Some info from the D23 panel happening right now.. most likely another vision/what-if scene but interesting for them to even tease a double bladed saber in the movie if she won't end up with her own. Will be interested to see what's up. Could also be a cool figure potentially

From D23 reports:

Bob Iger is walking through the crowd before the panel officially kicks off.

They're showing off a Sizzle of various series. Marvel, Star Wars, Lion King, etc. But also includes new stuff like Black Widow, Mulan, and the like.

Alan Horn is up first, talking about big reveals that have happened previously at this panel. Also touching on the movie theater experience.
"We share the DNA" in regards to Fox and the first six Star Wars films.

Kathleen Kennedy and JJ Abrams are on stage! So Lucasfilm is up first.
"We're gonna spend a little bit of time with you talking about the end of the saga in a very exciting way"
Kennedy is really hyping up Abrams, and is thankful for his involvement with Star Wars
Ridley, Boyega, Isaac, Joonas, Tran, and Billy Dee Williams, and more actors are on stage now. No Adam Driver though

"John Boyega is NOT happy about whatever history Poe had with Keri Russell?s character." Source In reply Isacc says, " We were young. Everyone was experimenting "
Billy Dee Williams once again talking about how Lando never left him
" Leia is the heart of this story" - JJ Abams
Everyone really feels Leia is a big part of TROS
Anthony Daniels thinks it's hard for him to accept that the Skywalker Saga is over but that fans will love the ending

NEW TEASER POSTER An image of Rey and Kylo fighting with Palpatine's visage looming in the background
Fans are going wild over the teaser poster

Sizzle Reel showed Rey using a double bladed red lightsaber

" Clip showing montage of past Star Wars films, then shots of an army of ships, Rey & Kylo fighting over water, and ends with Rey in a hooded cloak and holding a red light saber that goes from two side by side savers to two long sabers "

" Rey and Kylo lightsaber fighting on a rocky cliff with waves crashing around them in the water below. Rey using the force to send her lightsaber flying trough all of these trees (slicing them all) as it whirls around. "

Sounds awesome. And just read that the footage will be released online Monday as well.

Yeah. I'm guessing the part everyone is freaking out about is just a "see what you could become" type thing from Palps, but either way it will be some cool imagery.

Really looking forward to a saber battle in the rain. The one from the Cartoon Network animated Clone Wars show with Anakin vs Ventress was rad.

Yeah. I'm guessing the part everyone is freaking out about is just a "see what you could become" type thing from Palps, but either way it will be some cool imagery.

Really looking forward to a saber battle in the rain. The one from the Cartoon Network animated Clone Wars show with Anakin vs Ventress was rad.

Yeah, totally. Tartakovsky's Clone Wars bits are probably some of the highest form of Star Wars media produced bar the OT.

Would any people here be interested in a 1/6 scale Rey's speeder as seen in the Force awakens and teased by Hot toys? Hot toys said they are not going to release it but there's a great initiative on the Facebook group of Jazzinc (well known by his amazing dioramas and recently Luke's speeder from a New Hope. He will only make it of there are at least 50 people interested so should you want to be part of it head over to his group and let him know you'd be interested in one:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/JazzIncStarWarsDioramas

08e9dfd94eb7af187541c6d9f60a5ab4.jpg

Would any people here be interested in a 1/6 scale Rey's speeder as seen in the Force awakens and teased by Hot toys? Hot toys said they are not going to release it but there's a great initiative on the Facebook group of Jazzinc (well known by his amazing dioramas and recently Luke's speeder from a New Hope. He will only make it of there are at least 50 people interested so should you want to be part of it head over to his group and let him know you'd be interested in one:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/JazzIncStarWarsDioramas

08e9dfd94eb7af187541c6d9f60a5ab4.jpg

100% :eek:

Decided to upgrade my V1 BB-8 a bit more and add those extra lights that were missing in the body, as I just didn't think he looked nearly as cool without them. :)

I tried to get every one, but I did miss the dim blinky light under the red eye, so not sure if I'll go back and add that at some point. And for some reason my camera phone is making the weathering look a lot heavier than it really is. The final shot with Rey is a better idea of how he looks in hand.

20191003_203735 (2).jpg

20191003_203600 (2).jpg

20191003_204910 (3).jpg

20191003_204751 (2).jpg

Back