Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Finn 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But the whole point of acting is to be able to sell characteristics that you might not have personally.

Could Finn have been an extremely skilled soldier while still looking like a bumbling, friendly, every day kind of guy? Sure, in real life people have unexpected talents all the time.

But this isn't real life. In movies, showing and not telling is everything. And Jon Boyega was not in any way able to sell that aspect of the character. Even when he was a stormtrooper he looked lost.

Well, as it turns out he was the janitor. He probably was getting reprimanded in some way so had to go on a "kill mission" with the young guy that was a psycho pseudo-warlock that everyone hates and at that point he was just "F this". I can imagine his face when he got the orders to suit up and get on that shuttle.

I actually really liked him as a character and up until about a week ago had this on pre-order. I have no issues with his head sculpt or his outfit and was excited for him up until SDCC hit. Once I saw how much is on the horizon for 1/6th, both in terms of Star Wars but also all of the other properties, I had to make some serious modifications to my pre-order list. I think I might axe Old Han and Chewie too but not because they don't look awesome. I am seriously out of space for my collection and these things aren't cheap either.

I still may pick him up down the line but not right now.

Heads up guys, the strap on the gun came off of mine near the front of the blaster. The glue Hot Toys used did not hold.

I wound up removing the whole thing by the clips, since I couldn't get it to hang naturally.

Finally got to mess with Finn and I like him, just waiting on Rey and Han and chewie
image.jpg

Really cool Brooklyn. One of the better reviews I have enjoyed. Very impressed by your posing abilities, you rarely see these things posed to the full potential. The majority of the time they do not look natural. You have managed to pull it off, well done

So I finally (finn-ally?) got this out to set it up (haven't done the height mod yet) and take some pics.

Is it me or is the articulation of the upper body extremely limited? I know the jacket is constraining but it'ts just a pain to pose. Maybe I need to break it in a bit. The head movement is kind of ridiculous too. Anyone mod it yet for more vertical movement?

Finn-Lightsaber-in-the-forest-1800.jpg

Really cool Brooklyn. One of the better reviews I have enjoyed. Very impressed by your posing abilities, you rarely see these things posed to the full potential. The majority of the time they do not look natural. You have managed to pull it off, well done

Wow, thank you for that encouraging compliment bro! It's giving me a lot of motivation as I work on my 2nd video.

Much appreciated!

*bro fist*

Has anyone posted pics of, and if not, is it possible to, switch heads with Finn and the Riot Trooper to create a Storm trooper Finn with this set? Seems like an obvious thing to try, so wondering if I missed it, or if there is an issue with the process...

Has anyone posted pics of, and if not, is it possible to, switch heads with Finn and the Riot Trooper to create a Storm trooper Finn with this set? Seems like an obvious thing to try, so wondering if I missed it, or if there is an issue with the process...

I've tried, but I can't get the neck peg to come out of Finn's head. When I pull the head off, the neck peg always comes with it. I think it should work, because their Finn Stormtrooper figure is pretty much Finn's head on a Stormtrooper body.

Yup, works pretty well...

Finn-Trooper-2000.jpg

Last edited:
@comatoast man your pics are sick! Just gave you a follow on IG

Awesome, thank you sir! This was a quick one, but I love the pose so I'll probably do a better one.

The other issue I'm having with this figure is the foot pegs - they seems too small for the feet and it does not stand well at all on it's own - anyone else have this issue?

Back