1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Star Wars: Episode II AOTC - Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be interested to see how they handle the knee guards. Certainly the most annoying part on Sideshows version.

Honestly, from the thighs up—the Sideshow figure is pretty good. The jet pack needed a magnet to hold it in place though. Also, the helmet seems more like cosplayer helmets or like the one that’s often used in games. I’m sure it’s just a slightly tweaked Boba Fett helmet, in reality.

This figure improves on so much it’s damn difficult to resist the upgrade. There’s a lot to like about the Sideshow version, but here’s to hoping Hot Toys corrects the knee pad issue. Looks like they’re attached in a similar fashion.

268ac9b075f49528e59a81fa4eb569c4.jpg

Looks good, but not a big upgrade from SSC. I’ll wait till an unhelmeted sculpt is revealed and see if it’s worth it.

The Sideshow one was a disaster of galactic sized proportions. The figure looked great, that was not the issue. Problem one: head sculpt not included in all. Problem 2, and this is the biggie: if you breathed too hard on the figure, half the armor pieces would fall off

Peg system for armor = Fail

Along with Maul and Grievous, Jango will be on my villains shelf of PT. I don't know why, but I am not a fan of Dooku.

The Sideshow one was a disaster of galactic sized proportions. The figure looked great, that was not the issue. Problem one: head sculpt not included in all. Problem 2, and this is the biggie: if you breathed too hard on the figure, half the armor pieces would fall off

Peg system for armor = Fail

But I did get the head and the armor on mine has never fallen off... does that mean I can skip this upgrade [emoji51]🤞 ...I really need to skip something [emoji28]

Along with Maul and Grievous, Jango will be on my villains shelf of PT. I don't know why, but I am not a fan of Dooku.

As I really cannot buy every figure coming out I usually go with my favorite designs and often skip the basic humans like farm boy Luke or Dooku. They never excite me like the aliens, great armors and robots. So I also have no intention of buying Dooku - the rest though...

The “One and Done” line of villains in our beloved SW pictures!!

Long timespan of PT is one of the causes. There is not a single villain that is present whole prequel timeline. My OT villain shelf will be Vader, Fett and a Stormie while ST shelf will be Kylo, Phasma and a Stormie ( A knight of Ren can change it though)

Long timespan of PT is one of the causes. There is not a single villain that is present whole prequel timeline. My OT villain shelf will be Vader, Fett and a Stormie while ST shelf will be Kylo, Phasma and a Stormie ( A knight of Ren can change it though)
Palpatine yo

But I did get the head and the armor on mine has never fallen off... does that mean I can skip this upgrade [emoji51]🤞 ...I really need to skip something [emoji28]

I need to skip this also, but I’m sure I’ll be suckered in with a great head sculpt. I have the ss and to me it’s fine. My armor has never fallen off, and he looks good on the shelf. But, if that helmetless sculpt is great...
More money

I wasn't much for Dooku either at first, but The Clone Wars made him a better character. Also, it's Christopher Lee, he has such a presence in his roles and his voice adds weight to all his lines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Okay - this is me trying to talk myself out of this.

I love the SSC one - it's still one of my favorite figures. Did it have issues? Sure - the knee plates were a pain, swapping the head was really hard (to the point where it felt like something might break). But the good points out-shined the bad for me. I found a good pose and am really happy with him on display.

The HT one looks off in some of the proportions to me - the belt is almost screaming "floatation device" here - seems oversized. The plates seem a little thick (but they are placed on the leather jerkin better than the SSC version). The "flames" look cheesy/cheap - I would never use them. The helmet seems a bit little big.

Again, I'm a huge Jango fan and like Maul, I'll probably cave and order when/if it goes up. It will be interesting to see what accessories or stand treatments they go for here. But here's the bottom line - it may all be moot. This could end up being another good looking convention filler piece that never sees the light of a PO. Just something flashy that ends up not being anything more than a tease (Baze? Crossbones? Professor X? Yellowjacket?)

We'll see...

In the meantime, a quick look back at the SSC and Medicom takes on this infamous bounty hunter and clone template:

SSC:
JANGO-013.jpg

Medicom (v2)
JANGO-v2_14.jpg

Last edited:
I say this definitely goes up for PO, look at all the variations of Boba they've already done. And the stand will probably be a dynamic stand because he uses his jet pack in the movie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Definitely getting Jango..but i was hoping he would come with special diorama base, like the Deluxe Saclacc pit ROTJ Baba

Yes, not like their Boba...
I don’t mind the rangefinder length on the upcoming PP1 variant Boba. Obviously inaccurate, but still.

268ac9b075f49528e59a81fa4eb569c4.jpg

Looks good, but not a big upgrade from SSC. I’ll wait till an unhelmeted sculpt is revealed and see if it’s worth it.
I’d actually argue that this is as big an upgrade as updating the SSC Vader to the Hot Toys version. Granted, the SSC Jango does at least look clean and proportionate, for the most part.

But I did get the head and the armor on mine has never fallen off... does that mean I can skip this upgrade [emoji51]�� ...I really need to skip something [emoji28]
I had to put a dab of glue on the left knee pad, to keep it intact. Both shin guards just will not stay, if you attempt to repose. It’s a problem.

Okay - this is me trying to talk myself out of this.

I love the SSC one - it's still one of my favorite figures. Did it have issues? Sure - the knee plates were a pain, swapping the head was really hard (to the point where it fely like something might break). But the good points out-shined the bad for me. I found a good pose and am really happy with him on display.

The HT one looks off in some of the proportions to me - the belt is almost screaming "floatation device" here - seems oversized. The plates seem a little thick (but they are placed on the leather jerkin better than the SSC version). The "flames" look cheesy/cheap - I would never use them. The hemet seems a little big.

Again, I'm a huge Jango fan and like Maul, I'll probably cave and order when/if it goes up. It will be interesting to see what accessories or stand treatments they go for here. But here's the bottom line - it may all be moot. This could end up being another good looking convention filler piece that never sees the light of a PO. Just something flashy that ends up not being anything more than a tease (Baze? Crossbones? Professor X? Yellowjacket?)

We'll see...

In the meantime, a quick look back at the SSC and Medicom takes on this infamous bounty hunter and clone template:

SSC:
View attachment 420419

Medicom (v2)
View attachment 420421
The belt is completely accurate. The helmet, from what little we can tell thus far, seems far more accurate. Not perfect, but close enough. I do think the Sideshow helmet is nice though. It’s tough to say which I actually prefer, honestly.

One of the things that worries me about this one is the back chest plate. It looks pretty bad. At least the upper chest doesn’t narrow out as it reaches the top most part of the armor. The Hot Toys seems to have done fairly well on the proportions.

Hard to tell how the neck looks on the Hot Toys. The collar is really my main nit with the SSC one. Combined with the armor riding up.

Back