1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Star Wars: Episode II AOTC - Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered.

I'm kinda shocked that the codes SSC has been giving me after every recent order seem to work universally. Got $25 off. Essentially free shipping :lol

Amazing sculpt, preordered without hesitation, and I think the one we saw at Sideshow Con is the same thing, just with ****** lighting back then. Now make the man some ****in eggs!

At this new price point, we can say good-bye to the occasional unusual figure -- like Krennic or Jawa -- and hello to multiple Lukes, Leias, Hans, Anakins, Kenobis, clones, troopers, Mandos, etc.

This pretty much ticks all the boxes. Both jetpacks, headsculpt including pilot headgear, poncho, missile effect, flame effect. Would be nice to have a deluxe option with young Boba but maybe he'll one day be a separate release.

I'm down for 2.. a Kamino version with the more colorful jetpack and missile effect and a Geonosis version with the backup jetpack and flame effect. Now where's my AOTC Obi-Wan and Windu!

Finally a PT figure I can join the party on!:lol:yess: But... 2022... in hand FOUR years after it's first shown:(

Do people who have displays like this worry about all the nuances of a headsculpt being 1000% accurate?:lol I'm not directing it at you, it was just a serious thought that popped into my head.

View attachment 497547

Considering this figure is nearly $300 I really won't be checking how nuanced or accurate the headsculpt is and I think it's a good policy for any figure that's well over $200.:lecture

I mean let's face it, at that distance, even Hasbro 12" fig headsculpts would look stellar.:monkey3:lol

It is odd that they didn't take the opportunity to tease either an AOTC Obi-Wan or Windu given how iconic their scenes with Jango are...

But anyway I'm just relieved he's finally locked in for release. My second most wanted PT figure after a (diecast) Grievous.

It is odd that they didn't take the opportunity to tease either an AOTC Obi-Wan or Windu given how iconic their scenes with Jango are...

But anyway I'm just relieved he's finally locked in for release. My second most wanted PT figure after a (diecast) Grievous.

I need a droideka

I would never believe I'd be drawn into HT's PT 1/6 extravaganza but Jango, DC Greivous and droideka would be pretty damn cool, and if you say yes to Cody it opens the door to clones...:horror

A diecast grievous over jar jar? Blasphemy!

Not gonna lie: I would probably go for a HT Jar Jar. But only if there was a guarantee that we'd eventually get a Tatooine Padme to squad the two of them up with Poncho Qui-gon.

PO'd. The long wait begins (which may be longer if we see another COVID-related shutdown overseas this winter)

Liking the revised portrait. I hope those nice scarring details don't get too soft in production.

Certainly packing in the accessories with the one notable exception...as Wor-Gar mentioned, where is the Kamino dart? And while it's a nice touch to see the poncho included, the one item not include that would've been really cool for a display option is the shirt he wore in his apartment. Most likely the reason it was omitted is that the changeover would have required removing the armor and i's almost certain things will be attached to the figure in a way that do not promote easy removal. it will be interesting to see how HT has tackled the shin and leg armor....probably attached with velcro (does HT still call it "magic tape?")instead of that ambitious but unsuccessful peg/slot method that SSC used.

I wish the Kouhun cylinder was clear, but it's no big deal.

Interchangeable skull cap on the helmet is a neat idea. Looks like a design carryover from the Death Troopers where the cap has to be removed to get to the light switch and batteries. The weathering on the armor looks good, perhaps a tad heavy on the prototype. Won't be surprised to see that lighten a bit in production.

Still think the pouches on the belt are a little large.

As for the stand, I hope it is Kamino landing platform-inspired, but it will most likely be another re-used grate or deck-plated style with different cards (wet Kamino look, Coruscant decking, rocky/sandy Geonosis...or none of the above). Whatever the case, I wish it would include a standard upright with the inevitable gooseneck "flight" extension it will most likely have. Many of the poses in the PO gallery suggest that will be the case. At least we shouldn't see the umpteenth re-use of the footprints in the sand one with Jango.

Speaking of the gallery, great shots of the figure this time around...plenty of interesting, movie-scene inspired poses. Cool to see the Dooku cameo. Not a fan of the plopped in scene backdrops but that seems to be the norm now.

Jango is one figure I'm happy to upgrade with the HT release. Still have and enjoy the SSC release, even with it's faults. Once a good pose is found, it displays well. Heck I even still have the Medicom Geonosis version and it still looks good, although the body is a little brittle with the limbs. This new HT version looks packed for bear, with plenty of cool display options.

At this new price point, we can say good-bye to the occasional unusual figure -- like Krennic or Jawa -- and hello to multiple Lukes, Leias, Hans, Anakins, Kenobis, clones, troopers, Mandos, etc.

We would be blessed to get multiple Hans.

Though in all seriousness, we?ve been long headed in that direction anyway. Secondary and background characters have been a rarity for Hot Toys. It?s rare to get anything beyond the central character(s), even for the more profitable Marvel market.

Not gonna lie: I would probably go for a HT Jar Jar. But only if there was a guarantee that we'd eventually get a Tatooine Padme to squad the two of them up with Poncho Qui-gon.

Yeah, I hate to admit it, but I would get a 1/6 JarJar - like a number of things in the PT, I really like the design. Watto is another one where the character is weak but I like the design.

We would be blessed to get multiple Hans.

Though in all seriousness, we?ve been long headed in that direction anyway. Secondary and background characters have been a rarity for Hot Toys. It?s rare to get anything beyond the central character(s), even for the more profitable Marvel market.

And yet... those are the characters that make SW so cool, and the characters I love the most. I'd rather have a Greedo or Ackbar or Hoth Rebel than a Leia Endor or a fourth variation on Jedi Luke.

And yet... those are the characters that make SW so cool, and the characters I love the most. I'd rather have a Greedo or Ackbar or Hoth Rebel than a Leia Endor or a fourth variation on Jedi Luke.

I’m right there with you, which is why I wish Sideshow would’ve continued with 1/6 figures and had some kind of gentleman’s agreement to not produce the same figures and release complementary figures when possible.

I feel fortunate we have the ESB Bounty Hunters from Sideshow, alongside everything they’ve made that still holds up alright.

I would love to have a 1/6 scale Ackbar or Nien Nunb and all sorts of pilots and aliens and droids that make Star Wars so special.

I look at the Black Series 6” Hoth Trooper and think how amazing it would be if Hot Toys or Sideshow could do something similar.

I’m right there with you, which is why I wish Sideshow would’ve continued with 1/6 figures and had some kind of gentleman’s agreement to not produce the same figures and release complementary figures when possible.

I feel fortunate we have the ESB Bounty Hunters from Sideshow, alongside everything they’ve made that still holds up alright.

I would love to have a 1/6 scale Ackbar or Nien Nunb and all sorts of pilots and aliens and droids that make Star Wars so special.

I look at the Black Series 6” Hoth Trooper and think how amazing it would be if Hot Toys or Sideshow could do something similar.

Yup, while I still really hope there might be a third party 1/6 manufacturer that could step into the void created by Sideshow's exit from 1/6 SW figs in terms of the cool secondary characters, I'm not sure it's realistic.

Unfortunately, aside from a miraculous one-off (which is how I'd categorize stuff like Jawa/power droid) from HT, the chances of seeing the cool second and third tier SW characters - that Sideshow used to really relish doing - are pretty small.

It's the blessing and the curse of HT: that such a major 1/6 maker has the license is great due to the quality, but they just don't really venture much into the types of character that make SW so cool.

While I think we may see a HT Tusken and Greedo at some point (shipping in 2024!!,) sadly that "golden era" of cool secondary characters like Gamorrean, Greedo, Cantina band, Hammerhead etc etc being made in 1/6, and especially for $90-130 :)horror,) is long over. As the old saying goes - you never know what you've got until it's gone!

Those two are very high on my want lists -- Greedo and Tusken. The franchise is so saturated with different flicks. Three different trilogies and as many spin offs so there's too many main characters -- HT's preferences -- to run with first.

Got rewards points from Alter Ego since it’s my birthday. So I have $25 to use. Can’t decide if I want to use it towards this or Ashoka. Alter Ego offers free shipping on both. Kind of leaning towards Ashoka since I like her as a character more and she’s cheaper. Then again if I decide to get Jango he’ll end up costing me more most likely.

I vote Ahsoka, personally. As much as I like bounty hunters, Ahsoka feels like a can’t miss release. Jango might get lost in your collection, depending on how many other Mandalorian or Fett figures you have.

I was thinking about the price, because it does seem high.

Perhaps this might have originally been intended as a split standard/deluxe figure. Everything we see here would’ve been in the deluxe version, with a potential standard containing only one jetpack, just the undented helmet (dome), and no poncho or effects pieces.

Maybe at some point, they scrapped plans for a standard version. Explains the price point for me. Just speculation on my part though.

Back