1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Spider-Man (Black and red suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doubt it’s a glitch. It’s on both releases of Spider-Man.

But if it is... does that mean they’ll charge us later??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely going to be POing this guy once he is on Alter Ego. Its nice Sideshow removed the NRD, but I'd much prefer if they got rid of their ridiculous shipping prices.

Definitely going to be POing this guy once he is on Alter Ego. Its nice Sideshow removed the NRD, but I'd much prefer if they got rid of their ridiculous shipping prices.

Waiting on AE as well. Not only free shipping but also double boxed (which SSC will tack on 10 more bucks).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does alter ego offer a rewards program like SSC? Never ordered from them. While I don’t like SSC’s shipping prices I love the rewards, you basically get the shipping cost back. I look at rewards like a small Hot Toys savings account

Does alter ego offer a rewards program like SSC? Never ordered from them. While I don’t like SSC’s shipping prices I love the rewards, you basically get the shipping cost back. I look at rewards like a small Hot Toys savings account

They do have a rewards program. Here's my referral link, I believe it gives you a $15 off coupon (not sure if its good on pre-orders or only in-stock orders but its worth looking into)
https://i.refs.cc/lp5zPRJP?smile_re...hbSIsInNtaWxlX2N1c3RvbWVyX2lkIjoyMTI5MDM3MTd9

Got tired of waiting for Alterego so ordered with Sideshow, since I still had one of those $20 off mailers they sent. That and the flex pay makes up a bit for the cost of taxes and shipping.

I’m just going to put this out there but, maybe they stopped charging nrd’s on hot toys due to the Joker 1/4 scale????

Sideshow has had my money (payment plan) for two years and maybe there is some legal action that someone could take and their covering their tracks?

I know that I have one payment left on the Joker and they have been sitting on my money for along time.

I’m just going to put this out there but, maybe they stopped charging nrd’s on hot toys due to the Joker 1/4 scale????

Sideshow has had my money (payment plan) for two years and maybe there is some legal action that someone could take and their covering their tracks?

I know that I have one payment left on the Joker and they have been sitting on my money for along time.

100% legal. You could buy a $10,000 staue, only owe $50 and SSC could sit on that for 3 years until it finally was ready to ship. When they take the last payment they have to ship within 30 days. That is the law in California anyway.

Also If something is delayed multiple times they will refund everything including the NRD.

They probably just realized that they're leaving money on the table. A lot of places offer no NRD. I'm sure SS doesn't want to keep losing sales. They are a big company. They're going to get the stock and sell through it no matter what. They don't really need an NRD.

They probably just realized that they're leaving money on the table. A lot of places offer no NRD. I'm sure SS doesn't want to keep losing sales. They are a big company. They're going to get the stock and sell through it no matter what. They don't really need an NRD.

They could just be going the BBTS route and keeping a naughty list of people who cancel all the time.

They're the distributor so they make more than everyone else on every sale. Getting everyone to order there with the ploy just makes them more money.

You know 90% of the people aren't going to pay attention to the date and get charged the first payment, then it's a $20 cancellation fee. So they'll still make some money.

I think for those waiting on Alter Ego the store owner is on vacation this week (he sends out a weekly email). Not sure if it'll go up this week or if it might be next week.

Hope Popcultcha get this guy up soon. Always irky with these Spider-Man figures.

Do they charge sales tax in CA?
I'm not sure. They are located in Ohio & I live in Indiana, so I don't pay sales tax.

Same rewards system @ 5% back and they give a $15ish dollar coupon on your birthday. I've gotten $30 already from having a 2 year old account. Plus like crazygmpoker said they double box ship for free. I think figures less than $190ish might not include free shipping but cheaper than Sideshow especially SS doesn't double box.

Only con is you might wait later to receive a figure than Sideshow or BBTS, but seems to be a luck of the draw as my Patrol Trooper arrived pretty quickly.

By the time this guy comes out every online company may be required to charge sales tax regardless of where you live (at least in the US). The laws are changing so it’s just a matter of time. I think it starts in a lot of states in January so enjoy no sales tax while you can if your state doesn’t charge it currently. I got this guy off SSC and don’t intend to cancel. No NRD is nice but not really an issue for me.

They're the distributor so they make more than everyone else on every sale. Getting everyone to order there with the ploy just makes them more money.

You know 90% of the people aren't going to pay attention to the date and get charged the first payment, then it's a $20 cancellation fee. So they'll still make some money.

Standard retail markup is ~30%, so on a $250 figure, Hot Toys is possibly making $75. But if someone pre-orders and then cancels then Sideshow is negative $175 per figure. They are still sitting on Force Awakens Troopers almost four years later, so obviously they took a huge financial hit on TFA and that is what caused them to institute an NRD.

But now they may be trying to find a balance; if the NRD causes more people to hesitate on ordering, or order from someplace else, do they lose more in possible sales, than they would lose in canceled merchandise?

Back