Hot Toys - MMS - MOS: General Zod

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - MOS: General Zod (Tease)

Morality does not change your genetic code.... but if it effects your ability to breed then it does.... As Kal-El effectively killed off all other Kryptonians (and the limited females).... and the birthing chamber by means to recreate more Krytonians... effectively Kal-El is the last Krytonian.

Foara was right, that Morailty doomed the Kryptonian's race (nothing whatsoever to do with evolution).... until the arrival of another female from the house of El... or Kal-El can repair/rebuilt the birthing chamber..

But you can manipulate your genetic code to make immoral individuals, Kal-El didn't kill all the other Kryptonians.

I keep maintaining that there is a correlation between morality or the lack thereof and evolution.

I think there's still room for Kal El to repair the chamber, since the ship stayed there, crashed in Metropolis.

Morality does not change your genetic code.... but if it effects your ability to breed then it does.... As Kal-El effectively killed off all other Kryptonians (and the limited females).... and the birthing chamber by means to recreate more Krytonians... effectively Kal-El is the last Krytonian.

Foara was right, that Morailty doomed the Kryptonian's race (nothing whatsoever to do with evolution).... until the arrival of another female from the house of El... or Kal-El can repair/rebuilt the birthing chamber..

It was Kryptonian made climate change combined with the gutting of their space program that doomed them.

But you can manipulate your genetic code to make immoral individuals, Kal-El didn't kill all the other Kryptonians.

I keep maintaining that there is a correlation between morality or the lack thereof and evolution.

I think there's still room for Kal El to repair the chamber, since the ship stayed there, crashed in Metropolis.

Morality is not coded in the genetics (directly).... it's the society norm of the particular period that sets the moral code... Genetics would influence the thinking capability or IQ of an individual... Which bring back a full circle back regarding Zod.... he may be "bred" and taught to preserve the Kryptonian people, without choosing to kill humans yet he did.

Morality is not coded in the genetics (directly).... it's the society norm of the particular period that sets the moral code... Genetics would influence the thinking capability or IQ of an individual... Which bring back a full circle back regarding Zod.... he may be "bred" and taught to preserve the Kryptonian people, without choosing to kill humans yet he did.

But actually, serial killers for example, it's been researched that their inability to feel empathy towards individuals or society in general is genetic, so you could literally (sci-fi talk, of course) make immoral individuals.

But, Zod's duty is to the greater good of his people, therefore he can't afford himself to let his people suffer in pain for decades to adapt to earth like Kal-El did, it makes sense, he's a bred soldier, thus he can't make any other decision, he's just a fraction of his own society, he's a soldier and he'll carry out his duty, everything else is secondary or expendable.

It was Kryptonian made climate change combined with the gutting of their space program that doomed them.

I'm referencing the point in the movie... where Kal-El facilitates in killing off every other Kryptonians on the premise of Morality... the point where the continuation of the Kryptonian people's progress stops with Kal-El..

All other species of Kryton's died with the planet....

p.s. Worm-hole and Phantom Zone are gate-ways in space ... a black hole on the other hand effectively kills off everything that falls into it.

1) That's not staving off evolution, it's controlling evolution, evolution can be artificial.

That doesn't exactly explain how the quote is dumb, sorry.

Evolution is the last thing from "artificial," it is the alleged culling of inferior specimens due to NATURAL SELECTION. There is nothing natural about designer babies, which is what every last person on Krypton was.

Even as I heard the quote originally, I was wondering how the designer process on Krypton was "evolution." It wasn't evolution, it was controlled genetic manipulation, and in that sense Faora was wrong.

This reminds me of how some people claim the wide mutations seen in domestic animals such as dogs, demonstrate "evolution." That's humans tampering with the germ line, NOT natural selection. In a natural setting neither Chihuahuas nor Great Danes would exist. What would exist are wolves, because wolves are pretty much the canine principle made flesh.

Last edited:

I'm referencing the point in the movie... where Kal-El facilitates in killing off every other Kryptonians on the premise of Morality... the point where the continuation of the Kryptonian people's progress stops with Kal-El..

p.s. Worm-hole and Phantom Zone are gate-ways in space ... a black hole on the other hand effectively kills off everything that falls into it.

Hmmm.... You mean where Zod tells him that if he destroys the scout ship that he effectively destroys the last chance to repopulate the universe with Kryptonians and Superman says, Krypton had its chance?

Or earlier in the film?

Evolution is the last thing from "artificial," it is the alleged culling of inferior specimens due to NATURAL SELECTION. There is nothing natural about designer babies, which is what every last person on Krypton was.

Even as I heard the quote originally, I was wondering how the designer process on Krypton was "evolution." It wasn't evolution, it was controlled genetic manipulation, and in that sense Faora was wrong.

This reminds me of how some people claim the wide mutations seen in domestic animals such as dogs, demonstrate "evolution." That's humans tampering with the germ line, NOT natural selection. In a natural setting neither Chihuahuas nor Great Danes would exist. What would exist are wolves, because wolves are pretty much the canine principle made flesh.

I've said it before, Natural selection is only one form of evolution, natural selection doesn't apply on human beings in a society, neither does your example for chihuahuas :lol

Canine breeding is by definition evolution.

Don't both wormholes and black holes have gravity? Since both phantom drives bend space, wouldn't they create a wormhole? Don't be distracted by the line where the General says: "Like a black hole?"

Interesting, but how do you decide what is a "natural" process? If human beings "naturally" evolve to be the most intelligent beings on this planet, isn't what they decide to do with that intelligence (designer babies, breeding dogs, etc) just another byproduct of the "natural" process of evolution?

Or as this guy sums it up much better than I can, who is to say that "artificial" intelligence isn't the next inevitable and thus "natural" step in evolution?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb6yOklzHMI[/ame]

I've said it before, Natural selection is only one form of evolution, natural selection doesn't apply on human beings in a society, neither does your example for chihuahuas :lol

Canine breeding is by definition evolution.

..... This runs directly counter to Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection, sorry. The key word here is "NATURAL."

If you can point me to a spot on earth where Chihuahuas or Great Danes appeared on the landscape without human intervention, I'll retract that.

"natural selection doesn't apply on human beings in a society"

Why would it not? Are we not *all* animals, per Darwin? Just sayin'.

Back on topic: MOAR ZOD PIX, PLEASE HT

..... This runs directly counter to Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection, sorry. The key word here is "NATURAL."

If you can point me to a spot on earth where Chihuahuas or Great Danes appeared on the landscape without human intervention, I'll retract that.

"natural selection doesn't apply on human beings in a society"

Why would it not? Are we not *all* animals, per Darwin? Just sayin'.

Back on topic: MOAR ZOD PIX, PLEASE HT

No it doesn't contradict Darwin in the least, I'm not rejecting natural selection by any means, neither Darwinism itself excludes any other form of evolution.

What I'm saying is that natural selection is only one form of evolution, the fact that physiological changes are artificially induced doesn't mean it's not evolution.

Yes, Natural selection doesn't apply on humans directly, if it did, people with a number of disabilities would not be able to survive nor have a part in society if natural selection was the only form of evolution.

Interesting, but how do you decide what is a "natural" process? If human beings "naturally" evolve to be the most intelligent beings on this planet, isn't what they decide to do with that intelligence (designer babies, breeding dogs, etc) just another byproduct of the "natural" process of evolution?

Perhaps you should ask Darwin, who thought up the theory, as well as included the word "Natural." :wave

Last I heard "natural selection" was a process that took thousands, if not millions of years. Yet to hear some of you, its no longer on the order of the dinosaurs being wiped out and millions of years later, we have seen the rise of the mammalian life-form due to changes in the environment. Now, "Evolution" is some guy deciding to breed a hairless dog or something. Well, ok. Have it your way.

Back on topic: MOAR ZOD PIX HT!!!! PLZ

Perhaps you should ask Darwin, who thought up the theory, as well as included the word "Natural." :wave

Last I heard "natural selection" was a process that took thousands, if not millions of years. Yet to hear some of you, its no longer on the order of the dinosaurs being wiped out and millions of years later, we have seen the rise of the mammalian life-form due to changes in the environment. Now, "Evolution" is some guy deciding to breed a hairless dog or something. Well, ok. Have it your way.

I think Richard Dawkins is the leader on the subject today. But, matter of fact, evolution is happening before our eyes all around us. Case in point: flu vaccinations. Natural selection, like meme theory, is a process of evolution but let's not get bogged down in semantics.

https://youtu.be/iGfmQQpDv2Q?t=3m28s

Last edited:

Saying to ask Darwin if artificial intelligence is a natural step in evolution is a bit like saying we should ask the American founding fathers how the Constitution applies to free speech/harassment/privacy/and "crimes" in the age of the internet.

They are concepts that are so outside anything they could have considered based on their circumstances. Knowledge and the extrapolation of what that knowledge means in a current context doesn't and shouldn't stop because the person(s) that first thought of it or expressed it have died.

I think Richard Dawkins is the leader on the subject today. But, matter of fact, evolution is happening before our eyes all around us. Case in point: flu vaccinations. Natural selection, like meme theory, is a process of evolution but let's not get bogged down in semantics.

If the flu were involved in natural selection, we would all decline to take flu shots, or indeed treat the flu at all. The strong would then survive, and the "unfit" would die, leaving a stronger species as a whole.

That would be nature taking its course. But humans are manipulating this process, so its the last thing from natural as things stand now.

There is a lot of discussion as to whether or not vaccinations are actually making our species weaker, as they allow the "unfit" to survive in greater numbers. That is for wiser minds than mine to determine, however.

OK, back on topic: HURRY UP WITH MORE PIX HT!!!! :peace

Yeah, in topics like these we all get instant degrees in a number of sciences :lol

Saying to ask Darwin if artificial intelligence is a natural step in evolution is a bit like saying we should ask the American founding fathers how the Constitution applies to free speech/harassment/privacy/and "crimes" in the age of the internet.

They are concepts that are so outside anything they could have considered based on their circumstances. Knowledge and the extrapolation of what that knowledge means in a current context doesn't and shouldn't stop because the person(s) that first thought of it or expressed it have died.

Correct, I'll add that "natural selection" was what was observed by Darwin occuring in nature, it's still true today. The theory does not stand still, new findings will expand and add to it. If something is proven not true, something that disapproves it, replaces it. Selective selection by human is also part and parcel of evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back