1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They don’t look like a massive upgrade in all honesty. The SSC versions are excellent figures if you were lucky enough to get the non floppy body versions. Having said that I’ll definitely be picking up a set of these.

Cool, thanks!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

So, for those who own the Sideshow Jawas, do these look like a worthy upgrade?
I might start looking for cheap Sideshow Jawas on ebay...

To me they don’t. The shape of the hood is probably the nicest thing looks wise compared to SS’s. I’m sure the bodies will be better though.

It looks pretty accurate to the movie.:dunno The two they showed before are the less-seen background gonks.

It's a bit strange that HT ever teased any Gonks at all when you think about all the other characters that have not been produced. Even stranger that they made two Gonk protos and apparently scrapped both in favor of a third variant. Maybe all three Gonks are still in play, and you get a mystery Gonk sealed inside every Jawa two pack:monkey3

Nice to see the classic Gonk we all know and love from the Sandcrawler, but considering the more visually interesting Lars gonk never materialized, I shall temper my anticipation.

Overall I don’t think they look much better than the proto SSC Jawas. But as I was looking for more Jawas anyways I’ll get these if they release. The Gonk is of course a nice addition and R5, though he looks awfully clean.

There's a better photo of the HT Jawas somewhere, but I can't find it now. I think they look quite a bit better than Sideshow's in terms of material, shape and weathering.

Sideshow:

jawa_star-wars_silo.png

attachment.php

They don’t look like a massive upgrade in all honesty. The SSC versions are excellent figures if you were lucky enough to get the non floppy body versions. Having said that I’ll definitely be picking up a set of these.

I'd argue the floppy body release is the superior version. The original tattered robes were vastly superior to the re-release. The floppy body can be fixed.

Instant purchase for me. Didn’t bite on the SS Jawas because of a few issues like loose joints. These look great, and with that ANH power droid it’s the perfect package. Any Kenner figure is a buy for me, so I’m really glad they changed to this version of the power droid.
Now I hope we get a Tusken Raider from them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the robes end up looking like that I think it’s definitely an improvement. So better bodies and a better robe is enough for me to get more Jawas.

There's a better photo of the HT Jawas somewhere, but I can't find it now. I think they look quite a bit better than Sideshow's in terms of material, shape and weathering.

This is probably a better quality side by side of the SSC and HT Jawas, though the hood on the left SSC Jawa isn't properly folded.

0UE11fz.jpg

This is probably a better quality side by side of the SSC and HT Jawas, though the hood on the left SSC Jawa isn't properly folded.

0UE11fz.jpg

I like the HT hoods better. but the SSC ones can be turned so you can have two different styles... Hope the HT robes will end up this good. They seem to have trouble doing robes sometimes (Anakin, Maul...)

Java set is tempting but only concerne is about the price

below the 300 $ im in

Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

$350, for a pair of Jawas, name it.

No chance. At that price I'll stick with my reduced second batch SS Jawas.

They're probably still on SS site.

Edit : yep $220 with free global shipping.

Hot Toys $250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0UE11fz.jpg

I wish HT had done different guns for these guys. I know they’re the same ones from ANH as the SS version. But perhaps they should have made the ones seen in The Mandalorian footage. They had way cooler guns and would make them more different.

Who knows, maybe they’ll make both ? It is HT after all and we’ve seen what they have done with Maul and other figures with common tooling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

No chance. At that price I'll stick with my reduced second batch SS Jawas.

They're probably still on SS site.

Edit : yep $220 with free global shipping.

Hot Toys $250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesus Christ man... Count Dooku and Krennic only in ~ $250 territory, Yoda AOTC is roughly 185$

Hot Toys Jawas ~ $175 is a pretty much a fair deal.

I like the HT hoods better. but the SSC ones can be turned so you can have two different styles... Hope the HT robes will end up this good. They seem to have trouble doing robes sometimes (Anakin, Maul...)

Yeah, I do too but I think it comes down to futzing - the SSC hoods might be able to do that curved top thing is aggressively futzed.

Both SSC and HT seem to have that lined inner hood thing - I'm not sure if the costumes had that black fabric on the inside. They just don't seem to be able to match that open weave fabric the Jawas have.

It's interesting how you'd think Jawas would be pretty easy to get looking right as a 1/6 figure because they seem so simple, but it turns out to be a whole more difficult than you'd think.

If the robes are really 2 different shades of brown (not sure about lighting or whatever), having a pair from each company would look pretty cool for variety.

Back