Hot Toys - MMS - Ironman - Ironman Mk II Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Compared to what mark version?
I think all of the recent ones from Mark 42 onwards.

aVAeXFi.jpg

i see, well as long as the first 7 remain within the same size, not to concerned about ever pairing them up with my mark 45.

i see, well as long as the first 7 remain within the same size, not to concerned about ever pairing them up with my mark 45.

No, because the DC Mark 5 is significantly taller than the original. (which means it will be taller than DC Mark 3) Thats why I'm hoping HT will release a comparison pic like this for Mark 2 so we know what we're getting

attachment.php

No, because the DC Mark 5 is significantly taller than the original. (which means it will be taller than DC Mark 3) Thats why I'm hoping HT will release a comparison pic like this for Mark 2 so we know what we're getting

attachment.php

Im pretty sure they are. Give it time.

Im pretty sure its not that same height either. Itll be scaled similar to the recent release DC armors.

anyone have picture of mms145 next to the mark 3 diecast?

They aren't though? I seem to remember the plastic 2, 3, 5 all being shorter than 4, 6, 7. I never had them all at once or a hall of armor so I don't have any pics easy access to check

The difference between the shortest and the tallest armors with an eye test is @ 1/4 inch. I honestly couldn't care less.

The difference between the shortest and the tallest armors with an eye test is @ 1/4 inch. I honestly couldn't care less.

The newer diecast figures are at least 2cm's or around 3/4 inch taller than the diecast Mark III. According to measurements from Hot Toys/Sideshow - the Mark V will be 32.5cm tall, the Mark VI will be 32.6cm tall, and the Mark III was 30cm. If this is the same size as the Mark III, you're looking at a 1-inch difference. Displaying that in a hall of armor lineup would just look off to me.

The newer diecast figures are at least 2cm's or around 3/4 inch taller than the diecast Mark III. According to measurements from Hot Toys/Sideshow - the Mark V will be 32.5cm tall, the Mark VI will be 32.6cm tall, and the Mark III was 30cm. If this is the same size as the Mark III, you're looking at a 1-inch difference. Displaying that in a hall of armor lineup would just look off to me.

Its his display. People have different standards. At least for me, the DC MarkIII is already an awful scale so I am looking forward to this DC MarkII. Quite a significant upgrade assuming its scaled well.

Its his display. People have different standards. At least for me, the DC MarkIII is already an awful scale so I am looking forward to this DC MarkII. Quite a significant upgrade assuming its scaled well.

1/4 inch, 1/2 inch, whatever. There are already some armors taller than others. Plus, there are 5 or 6 different kinds of stands that vary in height by 1/4, 1/2 inch, whatever. :wink1:

HOA.jpg

1/4 inch, 1/2 inch, whatever. There are already some armors taller than others. Plus, there are 5 or 6 different kinds of stands that vary in height by 1/4, 1/2 inch, whatever. :wink1:

Yeah that's kinda what I'm thinking too. I can definitely see when standing side-by-side that the 3 is a bit shorter than the 46 (and the proportions aren't quite as realistic), but spaced apart and on their respective stands it's not something that jumps out at me at all. And the general bulkiness of the two figures feels about the same to me.

20170724_180113 (594x700).jpg

20170724_180553 (623x700).jpg

Of course it'll be similar but it does have some differences. The chest/ab section is articulated in some way (DC Mk3 wasn't at all)
View attachment 355670

View attachment 355671

Oh I know it has differences. But I'm just speaking to the base figure. Same proportions, height...just some alterations.

Some may think it is a completely new figure mould, perhaps even a precursor to a MK3 3.0. I think otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Mark II test flight is still my favorite IM sequence in all the movies, but the Mark III wins in my book as far as classic armors. I'm slightly miffed that the new Mark II is getting actual torso articulation, but as it is, I'm content with the hyper twisted torso on my Mark III DC figure. It gives me a different posing option, but I wouldn't object to figuring out a way to do a body swap when this comes out.

It's too bad because this armor and the mark III are such beautiful armors in the movies and this HT design doesn't really capture the look and feel of them that well.

This is the problem with HT having no direct competition. You get lazy half-ass releases like this.

Back