Hot toys MMS - Iron Man MK. 33 Silver Centurion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one needs to match up with Iron Monger.

Would the ex head fit on the power pose? The abs look to have less movement than the diecast sets, so that "improved articulation on waist armour which allows flexible movement" is just improvements on the rubber pants then?

Last edited:
Kinda frustrating that HT nailed the eyes/faceplate on this one, Heartbreaker, Igor etc. but bodged them completely on the Mk VII and Mk XLII. You'd think they'd have some consistency.

Kinda frustrating that HT nailed the eyes/faceplate on this one, Heartbreaker, Igor etc. but bodged them completely on the Mk VII and Mk XLII. You'd think they'd have some consistency.

Strange, I see the flaws in the mk XII, but the mk XLII looks good to me. Maybe its the design differences in the XLII compared to the earlier (I-VII) marks that lets me see it as acceptable. :huh

Instead of an exclusive face mask, they need exclusive 80's padded shoulder upgrades!!!
I also wish the legs had a lot more silver and less red... but I'll take it.
droppedImage_2.jpg

Good stuff, CODLIVE. :)
Jon, I don't think anyone is tripping out about Centurion selling out; we're just talking about scalping in general because the opportunity presented itself. And yeah, scoring some of the SDCC exclusives was bananas. I lost on two of the three I was hoping to get. The good news is that I'm still pumped over the Cap footage. :lol
That scene with the Winter Soldier picking up Cap's shield...awesome!:hi5:
You definitely have the right attitude. Which exclusives were you trying to get? I thought it odd that the most highly coveted was that Power Rangers power morpher and those magic cards.

Instead of an exclusive face mask, they need exclusive 80's padded shoulder upgrades!!!
I also wish the legs had a lot more silver and less red... but I'll take it.
droppedImage_2.jpg
No offense to your thinking but I think it's already enough of a homage to the old suit. Why does everyone want it to look like that suit? The new one has a hex arc window, similarly designed shoulder armor and the red and silver livery. If they made him exactly like the original one, he'd look like Colossus.

It's about intent. If you buy with the sole purpose of forcing someone else to pay you more than regular price for something you are a scalper. That is exploiting people and is wrong. It is also exploiting someone who just wants a representation of a super hero, which is a respectable and moral thing to do.

As far as comparing to drug dealers, drug dealers take money from other criminals (people who buy drugs, which is a crime)which as far as I'm concerned, isn't as bad as exploiting decent people,which is what scalpers do.

What drug dealers and scalpers have in common is a sociopathic attitude of a lack of empathy towards others.

If someone buys and has the item past the date that they can get a refund from the store they bought it from, and their priorities have changed and they want to sell, it is ok to sell for market value since that is the cost of replacing it. If they can still get a full refund, they are scalping if they sell it for more instead of letting someone else buy it at cost.

Wow so your telling me that a drug dealer, someone who buy/sells illegal drugs, drugs that are usually highly addictive and can even cause death, isn't exploiting good "decent people" and that there better than someone who is selling a toy for a mark up??? Wow, that's just ridiculous. A drug dealer exploits the hell out of people by making them do anything for drugs they have. Come on people this is crazy talk.

Now ill be honest Im not a huge fan of scalping, hell ive paid my dues and forked out a lot of extra money for things in the past but ive come to learn, just like most of you guys have or should that "early bird gets the worm". Us freeks and those that you speak of that love to collect these items don't usually pay ridiculous prices because we get them when it comes out. Were checking our emails, checking the forums because its what we love and make it a point to know when to buy. If you miss out on that its usually that persons fault. Not to say that yes some of these figures are SUPER limited and sell out too quick but for the most part there usually up a day or two to give those who really collect a chance to do so. And if someone misses out on that yes you going to have to pay inflated fees. That's just the way it is with everything, cars, comics, HT figures. It goes back to supply and demand and that ultimately dictates the prices of just about everything. I don't understand why people get so worked up when a guy has one extra HT IM and sells it for a going rate/market price.

I do agree with you on your points of honor and means but do you really ever consider someones need to acquire a toy desperation? I feel like the only thing I took advantage of is someones willingness (that being the key word) to pay that price , Would I love to live in a world where everyone gets a shot at owning the figure at the same price for all of eternity? Yes very much so.... Because like I said I have been on the other side many of times... Was I happy I had to pay up? No not even a little but it was my choice.... To me taking advantage of someone is VERY different than that... I consider myself to be an extremely honest and a very good person, I would never steal from someone and I don't think I've told a lie since I've been an adult, Selling something for what the market deems it is worth is not morally wrong to me in the least.

Now if some one was selling something and wanted $500 for the item and needed the money for food or medicine and I said.... I will give you $200 take it or leave it, Then I would feel like I had taken advantage of someones desperation, I would NEVER do this because morally it is wrong.

And yes it did cost me less to get my mother something, But I wouldn't have been able to get it for her at all otherwise, Her happiness was worth every penny!

Bottom line if you can't afford to pay that much then don't buy it the figure is not something anyone needs to live.

Awesome point :clap

You're being naive if you think that there aren't good, honest, decent people who get caught up in drug addiction.

Also all this talk of exploitation and desperation is a little over the top. Collectibles are luxury items and are completely frivolous. This isn't the case of going to the supermarket and buying all the food to turn a profit. No one needs these toys, they are 'want' items, not 'need'.

"You're being naive if you think that there aren't good, honest, decent people who get caught up in drug addiction."
Those are relative terms. Truly good, honest, decent people never allow themselves to get involved with drugs.

Drugs are bad to your body and give money to bad people. It is bad to get involved with them. There is no excuse to be involved with illegal drugs, ESPECIALLY for "good, honest, decent people".

If you can't control your actions very well, you need to stay away from bad influences. That is what the alleged good,honest, decent people need to know when it comes to not doing drugs.

If you can't say no to peer pressure, then you need new peers, which might be lonely for awhile, but that is what a REAL good, honest, decent person would do.

Good people take steps to avoid drugs, and all other bad things. You are talking about average people with average morals. Average morals don't cut it if drug use is to be prevented.

You are saying that if an item is a luxury item, that it is ok to scalp them, because people don't really need them anyway? That's wrong. People use the same money they buy their food with to buy collectibles. If collectibles are sold by scalpers, people have less money for essentials if they want them. If they don't buy soon, then they will become totally unaffordable later, hence the sense of urgency to buy sooner, even at scalper prices for some.
Collectibles are emotional buys, made because people need joy in their lives. Joy is virtually just as important as food in keeping people alive, because without joy in life, why live?

Maybe your argument is that only the super rich should be able to buy nice collectibles, and not people with average incomes that have great passion for the characters or art like to have a few pieces that bring them great joy. That is elitist. A lot of people wouldn't agree with that. Most people who buy Hot Toys aren't rich.
I'll bet most people are of average incomes who like a nice figure once in awhile.
Are you saying that by forcing people to pay scalper prices and if they can't pay them and buy essentials you are teaching them a lesson?

Stealing joy from other people to line your own pockets or pay for your own collection is evil.

What if everyone scalped? They could not. If everyone bought what they didn't want and sold at scalper prices, and bought what they wanted at scalper prices from other scalpers, and everyone did that, that would send prices through the roof, making everything unaffordable to everyone but the super rich.
Would the super rich even bother scalping? Probably not, but those are the only people who could afford to pay scalper prices for everything.
These are just plastic action figures (some diecast parts now) not golden fly whisks. You shouldn't have to be the Pharaoh to afford figures. No, I don't care about ES. I just want a quality product.

You say only super rich people should be able to own Hot Toys. You said as much.

I disagree.

Wow so your telling me that a drug dealer, someone who buy/sells illegal drugs, drugs that are usually highly addictive and can even cause death, isn't exploiting good "decent people" and that there better than someone who is selling a toy for a mark up??? Wow, that's just ridiculous. A drug dealer exploits the hell out of people by making them do anything for drugs they have. Come on people this is crazy talk.

Drugs dealers are bad people selling things to other bad people, thus exploiting only bad people. Scalpers are bad people exploiting good people. I object much more strongly to exploiting good people than bad people.

Drugs dealers are bad people selling things to other bad people, thus exploiting only bad people. Scalpers are bad people exploiting good people. I object much more strongly to exploiting good people than bad people.

just because some one takes drugs it doesn't mean they're a bad person. that is really narrow minded of you

Back