Hot toys MMS - Iron Man MK. 33 Silver Centurion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That there are.

it's crazy lol.. you ask two people familiar with doing this, who are both quite good at it, and you get two entirely different opinions.

i ordered model masters acrylic silver, and a couple of other similar colors.. and while i'm waiting on those, i think i'm going to test out the enamel paints that i have on the rear of the battle damaged mark 7 shoulder pad. i think i also might test out some shoe polish as well since i also have that laying around.

i rarely ever use the mark 7 battle damaged pieces.. so, i think they're going to work well for my tests.

that book does look awesome though.. i bookmarked it just incase i get a hankering for something more extensive. small steps though.

The books explain the small steps. That was just one page out of a book. You don't have to do everything in the articles, pick and choose.

What I think your missing is if you just slap on color over the paint it's not going to work. It won't stick. And it will just look like paint transfer and not what your looking for.

Personally I wouldn't the be experimenting on my figures before I knew how to do it. But that's me. Either way, I think you should really look for some type of reference and teaching aides. The color you use is almost immaterial. It's the technique that matters.

Don't use shoe polish. Won't work

The books explain the small steps. That was just one page out of a book. You don't have to do everything in the articles, pick and choose.

What I think your missing is if you just slap on color over the paint it's not going to work. It won't stick. And it will just look like paint transfer and not what your looking for.

i fully understand that you can't just grab a figure and start painting it.

i fully understand that you can't just grab a figure and start painting it.

But how am I supposed to know you know that? That's the problem with asking people on the Internet for advice on how to do something. I have no idea what you already know and don't know. And you have no idea what the responding people know. It's why I recommended the book. It shows you every step, in multiple ways, by multiple paid artists. And shows you exactly how to do what your asking. Take a pre painted and complete retail figure and add weathering. How far you take it is entirely up to you.

Did a photo shoot of this guy recently:
1.JPG2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg

Still beautiful. I might buy this again while they're still cheap. In my dreams HT will release a 1/4-scale, but probably never.

A friend of mine needs some cash and offered to sell me his S.C. pretty cheap... I wasn't going to buy it since I already own one, but seeing the customizing made me change my mind.

I don't have steady hands at all and I really don't trust myself to do a custom paint job on one of these, especially matching the silver... but I'm looking for someone that can do this to the arms and legs of one of these and make it look like it came that way. (I looked for awhile but couldn't find the original post to quote it, I didn't make this or post it the first time, so credit to whoever did this)
View attachment 265176

I love the look of this figure too. I've contemplated several times buying a loose SC figure to paint it in this color scheme. But I have 0 experience painting things like this so didn't want to waste the money

I would've loved for this to be how it was portrayed in the movie!! Near perfection. I too brought up that pic some time ago and now I forget who said they originally did it with the hopes to one day customize it.

That would be me (https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...n-mk-33-silver-centurion-206.html#post7089216) but I have yet to get it painted like my photoshop. I don't trust myself to do it, and I can't find anyone in the US who can do it for less than what the figure is worth. Plus the movie version has grown on me, so I'm not in any hurry to get it customized.

But if anyone does it or can find someone in the US to do it at a fair price, let me know. I would love to see my vision come to life!

Man.. I'd really love an updated version of this armor. Something with a hard plastic waist, and an updated paint job. It just doesn't look quite right being so clean.

I highly doubt we'll ever get a second version of this which is a shame. The paint jobs on these newer figures are just so much better looking when compared to this armor.

Oh well, maybe 10 years from now we'll get a better version.

The clamp fits quite snugly on mine. So, as long as the clamp is tight on the pole, it should be fine.

He is pretty light and those flexible stands are pretty strong so I don't see an issue or any difficulty, especially with a base like that.

Being as lazy as I am, I can't be bothered going through 336 pages to find an answer. Does this one come with a headsculpt? I've almost pulled the trigger on The Silver Centurion when it pops up on sale a few times, but i've never seen a pic with mask up/off.

It comes with a slightly bloodied Stark headsculpt inside one of the helmets. Google images can give you a better look :wink1:

Back