Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's true. But there has to be a grey area.

Such as...

I think it's time I sold my Midas.

That's just conversational.

The grey area was on the old forum. The new rules are you have to be a premium member to sell. If someone says they want to BUY, you can PM them. Otherwise, you are not allowed to advertise in threads. Them's the rules.

The grey area was on the old forum. The new rules are you have to be a premium member to sell. If someone says they want to BUY, you can PM them. Otherwise, you are not allowed to advertise in threads. Them's the rules.

I understand that. What I'm saying is does this new rule preclude us from even talking about a desire to sell something in a thread if we aren't premium members? Like because I am not premium, I can't go into a thread and just discuss my desire to sell something, or look for opinions on whether I should sell or not, or ask for general price opinions? This stuff, to me, just falls under the discussion of a product, as opposed to a post purely for the sake of selling something with no discussion layered in.

It seems that limited me from advertising in a thread in any way is also limiting my ability to discuss the product the thread is about, because I wouldn't be able to talk about my opinions, which are often wishy washy, on whether or not I should sell them without in effect, advertising the fact that the item is or may be for sale.

I have to keep myself from selling my Midas. I have tried to love it, but just can't. I continue to feel underwhelmed, but I'm afraid if I sell it I'll regret it down the road. Its too bad, because I was excited about it since the announcement when this thread started and held out until SSC had them. Must be a love/hate thing :lol

Just so I don't sound too indecisive, every figure I've ever sold, I rebought later, so theres a basis for mt split personality on this. :lol

I have to keep myself from selling my Midas. I have tried to love it, but just can't. I continue to feel underwhelmed, but I'm afraid if I sell it I'll regret it down the road. Its too bad, because I was excited about it since the announcement when this thread started and held out until SSC had them. Must be a love/hate thing :lol

Just so I don't sound too indecisive, every figure I've ever sold, I rebought later, so theres a basis for mt split personality on this. :lol
:lol Wow! I'm the complete opposite with HT figures, once I've decided to sell one I'm pretty much done and don't look back.

:lol Wow! I'm the complete opposite with HT figures, once I've decided to sell one I'm pretty much done and don't look back.

Wish I had your iron willpower brother, I think to date the only thing I've ever sold and not looked back upon was Abigail. Anything IM/Avengers, Batman, Spidey, Joe, or Star Wars related I always rebuy. :lol

Wish I had your iron willpower brother, I think to date the only thing I've ever sold and not looked back upon was Abigail. Anything IM/Avengers, Batman, Spidey, Joe, or Star Wars related I always rebuy. :lol
Man, that must set you back some coin having to track them down on the secondary market again! :slap

Actually, thanks to kick *** peeps on thee boards, I've generally come out pretty well. I know oyu get some rotten eggs anywhere you go, but there are many many amazing members here. Part of the big reason I love this place.

Can I ask how the waitlist works? I've never done it before. I waitlisted the Midas and then got an email from Sideshow with reservation # and that they had found one. That was Friday and haven't heard anything since - am I just waiting on another email from them at this point?
thanks

It should have said in the email when they expect your order to go live, its usually a couple days after they tell you they've found one of whatever you waitlisted. When that day comes you'll be charged and get an invoice email and then shipping info.

Yes, the email contains the date that the order will convert, which is a few business days later. If you have any questions, you can call them or try live chat during their business hours.

It said it was expected to go live on Feb 2 - great, guess I'll just await word from their end. Stoked to have found this on the waitlist considering Ebay prices and such and thought it was long gone from Sideshow..
Thanks alot rocbolt and gunm!

I understand that. What I'm saying is does this new rule preclude us from even talking about a desire to sell something in a thread if we aren't premium members? Like because I am not premium, I can't go into a thread and just discuss my desire to sell something, or look for opinions on whether I should sell or not, or ask for general price opinions? This stuff, to me, just falls under the discussion of a product, as opposed to a post purely for the sake of selling something with no discussion layered in.

It seems that limited me from advertising in a thread in any way is also limiting my ability to discuss the product the thread is about, because I wouldn't be able to talk about my opinions, which are often wishy washy, on whether or not I should sell them without in effect, advertising the fact that the item is or may be for sale.

Not at all. You are allowed to discuss anything you like. But announcing you are selling an item in that thread(Where there may be potential buyers watching), is just a not-so-clever way to try and circumvent the rules.
The rules are you need to be premium to sell.
If someone posts that they are thinking of trying to pick it up, you can PM them with yours if you are selling.
But the rule now is that you're not really supposed to post an item is available for sale.
I asked specifically about this a few weeks ago in the premium section.
I obviously didn't make the rules. It's only a heads up to those who might not realise this is how it is now.

Mine just sold today on ebay for $420, but that was also to some dude in China. I would think here $360 shipped is a fair price. Ebay is 390-420 it seems.

You're making it hard to keep this thing. :lol

If you'd prefer the cash to owning the figure, it makes *perfect* sense to flog it to someone who wants it!

I've been raving over this figure in this thread since it was announced, its my first figure that I've just opened and not felt like a kid on Christmas morning. Trying to let it grow on me, but its not happening. I am sure ultimately I will pass it on.

Hell, I didn't even take it out of the box for awhile, I just got my WM Mk2 and the instant I get home I'll rip it out of the box and get naked with it. :horror

I've been raving over this figure in this thread since it was announced, its my first figure that I've just opened and not felt like a kid on Christmas morning. Trying to let it grow on me, but its not happening. I am sure ultimately I will pass it on.

Hell, I didn't even take it out of the box for awhile, I just got my WM Mk2 and the instant I get home I'll rip it out of the box and get naked with it. :horror

Haha. Just sell it on and enjoy the cash. Let the new owner love it.

I do love mine. It looks great. But it just won't stand right. I can get all my other armors to stand solidly without any help, and in good poses. Midas is somehow just a little off mk7 and looks bad in many poses I can get him to stand in. The ankles on mine are so annoyingly loose than they won't hold the weight slightly tipped forward or back. He just collapses. Falls over constantly. Surprised the paint hasn't gotten ****ed up yet.

Back