Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly..I don't know why if an armor was in the movie or not would take away its beauty. At least it's 'official'...but I guess some people would want 'official' and 'screen time' both to rationalize the purchase? whatever floats your boat :)

Probably the wrong thread, but the IM3 war machine in the grey color screen, i.e. non-IP repaint, also appears in the manual, so I guess it's also official and not some imaginary repaint, though the grey version never made it to the screen, not even a nano-second. please correct me if i'm wrong :p

So I finally got Midas in today. Couple of things to note. I have compared my Midas weathering to other pictures here and on Facebook. It seems the marks are in the same place for most people. There are some that are getting the weathering marks in the same place, but more of them. Some are also much more deeper in brown color causing them to stand out.

For some reason the paint job reminds me when I was young and my Dad, and I painted my first car. I just wanted to spray the paint right on the car and get it over with, and he said wait we have to PRIME it first. Well back in the day we had a Primer that was a Rusty Brown color. After the whole car was primed and painted with the finish coat I accidentally bumped it while cleaning up the paint supplies. Yeah I was able to see that Darn Rust color pop through the paint. Well year later I just paid 310.00 for that darn Rust color to pop through my Shiny new gold paint job. :slap

I'm with everyone else in saying Hoy Toys should have stated this has major weathering marks all over suite in the description. I understand that GOLD is a very soft metal, and can be nicked very easily, Maybe Tony made it out of 24 Carrot Gold so it's so soft you can nick it with your finger nail. Oh well it's a "5 Footer" armor. Looks great from Five Feet away, or about 2.5mm away for Metric folk.

Well all in all I'm happy. Oh and I just through in some LED's in the base. I'll post some pics in a bit....

Honestly..I don't know why if an armor was in the movie or not would take away its beauty. At least it's 'official'...but I guess some people would want 'official' and 'screen time' both to rationalize the purchase? whatever floats your boat :)

Probably the wrong thread, but the IM3 war machine in the grey color screen, i.e. non-IP repaint, also appears in the manual, so I guess it's also official and not some imaginary repaint, though the grey version never made it to the screen, not even a nano-second. please correct me if i'm wrong :p

It wasn't in the film but it was in the comic prequel to Iron Man 3.

I don't think it does, but yeah, some people don't care for movie versions or some people ONLY care to collect movie versions and nothing else. I can see both sides of the coin. I'm that way with certain licenses. It keeps the collecting a bit simpler as well, when you have a market saturated with stuff from all walks of life.

Like was said above, in the IM3 prequel, Tony gets WM 1.0 back from Rhodey and turns it back into the MKII, and gives Rhodey the WM 2.0 instead.
Rhodey then goes to asia on a mission and gets bushwacked while he's there, when Tony gives him a call during the battle of New York and Rhodey can't get there in time.
It's only after the battle it's decided to rebrand War Machine so the first time we see the suit it's already IP.
But in the backstory, Rhodey does several missions with the suit before the rebrand.

I don't think it does, but yeah, some people don't care for movie versions or some people ONLY care to collect movie versions and nothing else. I can see both sides of the coin. I'm that way with certain licenses. It keeps the collecting a bit simpler as well, when you have a market saturated with stuff from all walks of life.

For sure..kudos to those who have discipline and focus in their purchases.

Like was said above, in the IM3 prequel, Tony gets WM 1.0 back from Rhodey and turns it back into the MKII, and gives Rhodey the WM 2.0 instead.
Rhodey then goes to asia on a mission and gets bushwacked while he's there, when Tony gives him a call during the battle of New York and Rhodey can't get there in time.
It's only after the battle it's decided to rebrand War Machine so the first time we see the suit it's already IP.
But in the backstory, Rhodey does several missions with the suit before the rebrand.

Awesome. thanks for the story for those of us who are not as in the loop. Would've loved to see the WM in action....would've been great if they worked in that scene in the Avengers :)

Collect what makes you happy.
If variants makes you happy, buy it.

Do you get excited to buy it and enjoy owning it? or do you buy it like it's a job? haha

Ok, so for those that have some of that LED flat light strip laying around cut about 4 sections of 3 LED's from the roll. I found that 12 LEDs seems to produce a decent amount of light if you place the strip in the middle of the base.

I used CAT5 Network cable. You get 4 Twisted pairs and you only need one pair for this job so here we go. :panic:

Solder on some wires to the LED strip and then you'll notice a nice FACTORY drilled hole out the back of the base. This is nice because you can just pull your wiring out the hole and you are done.

Hot Toys Mark XXI Midas by matrix0fleadership, on Flickr

Connect the wires to your favorite 12v wall wart power adapter and BAMM.... you have a hard wired LED base. It took me 15 minutes of time
:hi5:

Midas is awesome. I love all the gold shading. Here are a few pics. Midas and the NO RED ALLOWED armors.

1476641_10202000219780449_613639492_n.jpg

1504002_10202000220740473_1546326426_n.jpg

1476684_10202000221140483_1858063415_n.jpg

1507674_10202000221900502_708325190_n.jpg

1468759_10202000220060456_474324330_n.jpg

1477584_10202000220300462_889595435_n.jpg

Awesome. I love the abscence of red. I'd love to have all those exclusives someday. They look great together too.

I got my second Midas today in the mail. I got my first one off of eBay for $525.00 lowest price on eBay at the time, and that was about a month or two ago. I'm planning on selling this one to help pay for other Iron Man figures that I have pre ordered. So I am selling this to anyone here for $450.00 pm me if interested.

I got my second Midas today in the mail. I got my first one off of eBay for $525.00 lowest price on eBay at the time, and that was about a month or two ago. I'm planning on selling this one to help pay for other Iron Man figures that I have pre ordered. So I am selling this to anyone here for $450.00 pm me if interested.

Best not to post sales offers here. Mods will not be happy. :nono Use sales section.

I got my Midas. $20 coupon, Joker Christmas card, nothing else. At first I thought the paint was damaged, then I realized it was meant to look like that. Don't care too much for the battle-damage.

Back