Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

Pre orders are always up on ebay for this stuff...

if reported, they will end the auction. enough complaints and they will suspend or delete the seller's account. they are taking this thing very seriously because it equates to a pile of money in claims and charge backs that they may be liable for.

Hey, I'm all for that. I think ebay has enough loop holes as it is without people intentionally scamming people

Hey, I'm all for that. I think ebay has enough loop holes as it is without people intentionally scamming people

it's a horrible place half the time for a seller. i've learned the good places to shop so i've all but stopped buying there. once in a while if i'm looking for a sold out item, but i'm more into moving on to the new stuff coming.

Every year HT holds an Iron Man Collartible Expo which showcases IM customs from several artists. Always thought it would be cool for HT to select a winner and mass produce that custom as an exclusive.
As for Midas, I like the gold accents but I don't know if I really need or want another IM variant. It all depends on how I feel come PO time.

Midas may be an advanced MARK VII - but that figure looks just like a MARK VII - before Tony painted him.

Maybe HT will mod a few of those removable armor plates just so we can't complaint about being the exact same figure.

I doubt HT made any new remodifications.. It's out in couple days and people can go pick it up.
Most likely just a NICELY repaint

i wonder if anyone will make a chromed custom? creations n chrome in L.A. will do the chroming and they are reasonable. they do bowen statues for collectors. you can even get any color you want. people can make their own personal color variants.

So this figure probably won't go up for pre-order on SS for another month?

I passed on the reg. Mark VII, and got on the waitlist for the BD. If that doesn't convert, I'll settle for this. As a comic fan, I'll just look at it as a live action cross between Stark's early gold armor and the MVII from the film.

If I replace Ant Man and Wasp with Cap, I may try to replicate this cover in figure form:

Cover001.jpg

I would have gone for a gunmetal mk 7
Now THAT would have been something I would consider keeping. Gunmetal+Robots= awesomeness.

:exactly::goodpost:

Dr.Mirakle32 said:
If I replace Ant Man and Wasp with Cap...

By Darwin's beard, I hope Marvel and Joss Whedon remember that when it comes to making films.. imho, some characters need to remain in the comics! :pray:

Back