Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS BUY NOW - Link on page 257

I could care less if this is still available for PO 2 weeks from now. I only bought it because i want it on my shelf, not for resale or trade.

:exactly:

Looking forward to adding him, but not sure where. I guess we have to buy another HOA set. Dam you SSC.

HOA display by matrix0fleadership, on Flickr

Didn't realize SSC now takes paypal as a way of payment... Canceled my order and reordered it again using it, as I had some $$$ on my acct...
Yes me!

When did they start using paypal? Is it only for in stock items I believe? It's never an option on pre orders...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what % of people who posted on the poll that they wouldn't buy this caved in :monkey3

Just wondering, are people going to feel slighted if this doesn't sell out as fast as other figures?

The only people that would feel slighted are those who don't actually want to own the figure but those who are just looking to make a quick £$€

You've only got 48 hours to cancel because it ships in two days. haha

Figured this would be around for a while. I'm sure there is a pretty large allocation and HT did a great job of hyping it for months and everyone keeping tight lipped about the US distribution. The big losers are the folks who caved and bought off ebay and the flippers who speculated too much and will be watching their hoped for profits nosedive. Of course paying $299 for a figure that should have been $249 at most is not exactly winning.

Anyone think that maybe it didn't sell out just yet because they only advertised it on Facebook and twitter? That they haven't actually sent it out on their mass email yet? hmmmm

I don't agree with that....People who want to flip these would prefer that it sells out quickly because that will drive the price up.

But if you're a collector who plans on displaying this, don't you like having something that is rare, something that not everyone has?

If they said it was "very limited" and doesn't sell out in a reasonable amount of time (whatever that is) then how can we believe them in the future when they say "very limited"?

Anyone think that maybe it didn't sell out just yet because they only advertised it on Facebook and twitter? That they haven't actually sent it out on their mass email yet? hmmmm

They did send out the mass email, that's how I found out about it.
If you didn't get your email yet, it's probably stuck on some server.

I got an email from them within minutes of it going up on Twitter and FB. :dunno

They did send out the mass email, that's how I found out about it.
If you didn't get your email yet, it's probably stuck on some server.

I didn't get mine. When did you get yours?

Hasn't sold out because I don't want one. Ahhaaha

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

My email arrived at 10:03, right after it went up on their website.

I wonder what % of people who posted on the poll that they wouldn't buy this caved in :monkey3

I threw my toys out of the pram over the disparity between HT's Asian and European retail price, its true.

..but, for the Sideshow release I did some napkin math and reckon this figure is going to cost me approx £250 incl shipping and taxes.. compared with £378.50 from the European retailer.. so yeah, I buckled.

It's still on the pricey side, with no head sculpt or lights in the base (grrrr!).. however, since I don't buy the red and gold suits (Mk 42 has mostly gold pants, so it doesn't count), this will be my Mk VII.. that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! :lol

Figured this would be around for a while. I'm sure there is a pretty large allocation and HT did a great job of hyping it for months and everyone keeping tight lipped about the US distribution. The big losers are the folks who caved and bought off ebay and the flippers who speculated too much and will be watching their hoped for profits nosedive. Of course paying $299 for a figure that should have been $249 at most is not exactly winning.

Some good points. The BD Mark VII resale market is pretty strong. If the numbers for Midas are similar, then the high resale value could hold up. Maybe dip for a bit if enough people list these for resale on eBay. We'll see.

$299 for a repaint :thud:

congrats to those who pick one up, I'm be sitting in the corner with my BD Mark VII snickering:nana:

Some good points. The BD Mark VII resale market is pretty strong. If the numbers for Midas are similar, then the high resale value could hold up. Maybe dip for a bit if enough people list these for resale on eBay. We'll see.

I haven't looked in a while, what's the current going rate for the BD MK VII?

Guess my theory about why Midas is lasting as long as it has isn't due to the mass emails, yet i never got mine. Glad i follow twitter as closely as i do haha

Back