Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

they gonna make it 309.99 just to spite you. :lol

funny-gif-man-jump-out-the-window.gif

Ok so what do we do to get Midas? What time on the 2nd is it?

You hve to follow their twitter, which is where they said they will announce it with a link to the order page. We don't know what time other than sometime on the 2nd.

I know the "it's a cheap metal" argument. And as far as metals go, it is cheap. But while the material itself is cheap to acquire, the manufacturing processes by which to use it in toys is not cheap, hence the price it commands.
That's only because the molds burn out quickly. It's molten metal after all.

Now, the paint rubbing thing... I have never really had issues with paint rubbing or chipping off my diecast toys, and I do a lot of posing and requent rearranging/handling of my figures. Let's not pretend like paint rubbing is only an issue with diecast. Many Hot Toys made all of plastic and rubber have paint rubbing and fading issues. The quality and application of the paint has as much to do with this as the material it is bonded to.

Let's be brutally honest here. Hot Toys QC record has historically been pretty... spotty. To get a good paint adherence to metal takes preparation and care. I have yet to be convinced that HT will do either.

I don't need my toys to have weight. I need them to look good in a display case. Especially when they're $300+.

That's only because the molds burn out quickly. It's molten metal after all.

Well, regardless of the reason, my point is that there is production aspects involved in the high cost, it's not simply inflated for no reason.

Let's be brutally honest here. Hot Toys QC record has historically been pretty... spotty. To get a good paint adherence to metal takes preparation and care. I have yet to be convinced that HT will do either.

I don't need my toys to have weight. I need them to look good in a display case. Especially when they're $300+.

This is true. I'm not saying I am supremely confident they will nail these die cast toys, but I do like die cast in some things, and love my gokin/voltron collection. A die cast iron man suit makes sense, and I love the hot toys I have and the iron men suits I own, so I'm optimistic. I don't NEED my toys to have weight either, but I enjoy it when they do.

I just looked over that pic SS put up on their website and at the bottom it says "territory restrictions apply" as well as cannot ship to australia, newzealand and asia...

im a little worried Canada is going to get butt ****ed again like we did on the BD mk7, anyone able to confirm or deny?

I just looked over that pic SS put up on their website and at the bottom it says "territory restrictions apply" as well as cannot ship to australia, newzealand and asia...

im a little worried Canada is going to get butt ****ed again like we did on the BD mk7, anyone able to confirm or deny?

No it's available in Canada (and Europe). Someone asked on Twitter and Susan said so.

Just stay tuned on this board. Someone will post the info when it goes up. That is how I learned about the MKVII BD when it finally went up for sale. :wink1:

Will he sell out as fast as bd mk7, that is the question on everyone's mind. Im kinda thinking he will, luckily I have off Monday so I should be ok.

Watch it list at midnight and we all miss it to a scalper with 800 accounts lol.

Is the 1 per person limit really 1 per account or 1 per address? There will always be ways around it but 1 per address would seriously hurt the scalpers.

Is the 1 per person limit really 1 per account or 1 per address? There will always be ways around it but 1 per address would seriously hurt the scalpers.

One per address.

I had trouble getting some exclusives because my brother and I were both collectors and had the same home address for a little while until I moved.

Just hope SSC website can handle the load when it goes up for sale on the 2nd! :thud:

I wonder, I have a different shipping address than billing address. Does that mean only 1 for both, or could both addresses still get 1 each?

Back