1/6 Hot Toys MMS Captain America: Civil War Falcon Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is Falcon with his wings in the highest position, you can see he needs a lot of height.
IMG_0064.jpg

Cap's buddy has arrived! Impressive figure. Does anyone know if the machine guns have a place to go on the costume when he's not holding them?
Cap & Falcon.jpgCW Falcon & Redwing.jpg
I was worried how to display him, but he fits fine in my Besta. Just waiting for Black Panther to finish the case.
HT Avengers.jpg

Curious as to how long this guy has been waitlisted? Just jumped on it :(
Also if anyone wants to sell one let me know!

I got on the wait list January 17 and mine converted about a week ago. I think it's been wait listed since the beginning of January.

Checked my original order w. Alter Ego - late November. Sold out/waitlisted at SSC around then. (Alter Ego was great, double-box shipping too.)

Gahhhh this will never convert then. Thank you for insights! If anyone knows and reputable online dealers with him please let me know!

Had some time to mess with him today and thought Id share the mods so far,as posted before, I removed the outfit and planed on messing with the wings after finding some helpful tips from fellow Freak Username in the TWS Falcon thread. Note that removing the suit has nothing to do with modding the wings.

here are wings as before doing anything, I started by slightly heating up the 2 panels on the wing and prying them off with a very small flat head screw driver

IMG_1240.JPG
IMG_1243.JPG

I then removed the screw holding the longest wing panel in place along with the plastic ratchet nut thing (in red) this piece is what makes the wing move along the 2 or 3 clicks in position and limits how high or low you can go, its a good idea but why limit it to 3 notches is beyond me, had they notched out the entire hole it would've greatly increased articulation. The parts circled in white are the parts that hit the other panel when pulling the wing down so I sanded them down with a dremel (this piece is hidden behind the other panel and is not visible anyways)

IMG_1246 2.jpg

I had to leave out the part of the wing panel (purely aesthetic) because it is too raised and hits the smaller panel

IMG_1247.JPG

after that I reassembled the mount that holds the jetpack (momentarily since Im still messing with the outfit) and you can see that now the wings can articulate to more degree

IMG_1248.JPG
IMG_1252.JPG
IMG_1254.JPG

he now can be placed in the detolf with the option of having his wings down, I still need to make or buy a new flight stand base because this one uses up a crazy amount of space and once I get him re-outfitted I will post pics with him and the team, I hope this helps if someone else was curious and can maybe improve upon this idea if anyone has any questions Id be happy to help (Iv never posted this kind of work before so I dont know how to organize the steps better)

IMG_1259.JPG

Last edited:
Has anyone that had their waitlist convert recently, received their shipping notice yet? Mine converted last week and I was charged the NRD but haven't got charged the full payment. I just figured it would ship immediately after converting.

Has anyone that had their waitlist convert recently, received their shipping notice yet? Mine converted last week and I was charged the NRD but haven't got charged the full payment. I just figured it would ship immediately after converting.

Sideshow is a bit slow right now. I ordered an in-stock Winter Soldier on Wednesday two weeks ago and it only shipped on the following Tuesday.

thanks CW I dont really want the fully down pose either since the big attraction are the wings, but I am limited to only detolfs, here is Falcon fully assembled

IMG_1266.JPG

Antman photo bomb

IMG_1270.JPG

still need to come up with a new base

thanks CW I dont really want the fully down pose either since the big attraction are the wings, but I am limited to only detolfs, here is Falcon fully assembled

Nice job! Don't have detolfs either, but since your cabinets look side by side, no chance of pulling the side panels between two cabinets; reattach doors to make a sort of double cabinet? As in, hit hardware store for stuff to help stabilize, like maybe get an acrylic sheet cut that would run across the mid-level of both cabinets. Lots of detolf hacks.

detolfhack.jpg

Honestly, I wouldn't meddle too much with those Detolfs, especially not take one of the glass panels out. XD Those things are wonky enough ...

I'll try and get my Falcon into the bottom shelf and if that doesn't work, I'll have to switch my HT to the bigger display cabinet in the corridor.

I applaud the custom folks out there testing the limits of their figures (something that I could never do) but after displaying Sam's full wingspan I'm going the custom shelf route rather than squeezing him into a Detolf.

I applaud the custom folks out there testing the limits of their figures (something that I could never do) but after displaying Sam's full wingspan I'm going the custom shelf route rather than squeezing him into a Detolf.

Yeah, am all for customs:clap (spent a whole afternoon futzing w. a WS Widow "learning experience" OMG) and re Falcon always wondered if more wing joints could be added.

But for me, this Falcon - if you have space, open wings are a great background for Team Cap:love - spectacular IMO. Only thing I wanna try is a longer stand, maybe, get him up a bit higher on display.

Captain_America_trio2.jpg

Anyway, IMO, my fav trio just looks so good after a loooooooong wait (and know some folks are STILL waiting *meh* don't even want to think about the waiting re IW figs). No way I am not displaying them together. Might try hanging Redwing w. invisible thread, too, for height.

This is probably my favorite Civil War figure, he's just so fun to play with - he's like . . . a real toy!

Question though, is there a trick to taking the wings off? I feel like they are stuck in there pretty tight and I was unsuccessful at loosening them.

Thanks!

Back