1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - War Machine Mark 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guy is from Toy Dojo. In one of the reviews I watched and noticed it. I want to say it was Xenomorphs (not 100%) but I didn't ask him.

has this been discussed before? Where does the pack of 6 gold bullets go in each arm? Nothing in the instruction book

You may have already discovered the answer to your question by now, but if you haven?t, those bullets go into openings on his upper chest/trap area ...

Attachments

• 1E9193F9-37C9-42B5-8413-8DC47829C3A9.jpeg
    1E9193F9-37C9-42B5-8413-8DC47829C3A9.jpeg
    612.7 KB · Views: 240
Ok so it looks like this is a known issue. Is it loose or looser than his right? My left arm is looser than high right, but definitely not loose.

On a side note, is anyone having trouble uploading photos on this site?

It is loose, looser than his right and loose. In fact, when I opened the box for the first time, the left arm was not attached to the body. I had to attach it. I'm sure if I request a replacement, the replacement will prob have the same issue. Didn't mess around with it too much but I will check and try to find out exactly which piece is loose in the arm.

Just so I know what everyone means, do you mean the figure's left arm or the left arm looking at the front of the figure?

I'm sure itll be fine, but do keep us updated. You're gonna love this guy. Hes so heavy he scares me a little (display wise) I dont use stands and my case is 8' long x 6' high all glass!

Just got this bad boy delivered about an hour ago...not sure when I'll have time to mess around with him, but once I do I'll report back on the loose lefty.

Alrighty, so just spent maybe like 15 minutes with this big guy and I'm liking it...only enough time for a quick QC check to make sure it measures up to the $400+ price tag.

I'm happy to report that both my arms are fine! There doesn't appear to be any looseness on the figure's left arm, instead both have the same amount of tension and movement...or at least I was unable to detect anything noticeably different.

While perusing to make sure that WM had no defects or anything I did detect one minor gripe. The left kneecap on mine does not fully engage or line up with the 2 separate camo pieces.

Notice on the right knee cap (or my left when viewing him) the 2 separate kneecap pieces align perfectly when it is straight...

20190830_134929.jpg

However the left knee cap doesn't align perfectly, allowing for a slight gap to appear where you can see the metal joint underneath. ..

20190830_135021.jpg

Obviously I'm not pleased with this, but it's not the worst "defect" or imperfection to have on a figure. For the most part whenever I pose any type of IM/WM figure I'll always have their knees slightly bent, so not a major issue, but the fact that it won't align properly and no amount of futzing will fix that does annoy me to a degree.

But other than that, it's a solid figure. Here are a couple of quick cellphone snaps.

20190830_135149.jpg
20190830_135219.jpg

I'll report back with any additional details once I have more time with him...not really looking forward to installing the batteries, but I do have to make sure all the lights work...probably won't get to it until Sunday, but so far so good!

Congratulations! Appreciate the detailed speedy write up. Good luck with batteries I never use them or install them on any of my figures. If I want lights I'll add in post. However, I was reading and researching wireless ways to get LEDs to light up. Pretty neat and interesting but too time consuming for me right now.

Alrighty, so just spent maybe like 15 minutes with this big guy and I'm liking it...only enough time for a quick QC check to make sure it measures up to the $400+ price tag.

I'm happy to report that both my arms are fine! There doesn't appear to be any looseness on the figure's left arm, instead both have the same amount of tension and movement...or at least I was unable to detect anything noticeably different.

While perusing to make sure that WM had no defects or anything I did detect one minor gripe. The left kneecap on mine does not fully engage or line up with the 2 separate camo pieces.

Notice on the right knee cap (or my left when viewing him) the 2 separate kneecap pieces align perfectly when it is straight...

View attachment 465352

However the left knee cap doesn't align perfectly, allowing for a slight gap to appear where you can see the metal joint underneath. ..

View attachment 465353

Obviously I'm not pleased with this, but it's not the worst "defect" or imperfection to have on a figure. For the most part whenever I pose any type of IM/WM figure I'll always have their knees slightly bent, so not a major issue, but the fact that it won't align properly and no amount of futzing will fix that does annoy me to a degree.

But other than that, it's a solid figure.

I'll report back with any additional details once I have more time with him...not really looking forward to installing the batteries, but I do have to make sure all the lights work...probably won't get to it until Sunday, but so far so good!

Hey, congrats on getting him! I wouldn't sweat that knee cap issue (TBH, I doubt that I'd have even noticed it). I can see how it would be annoying after spending $400+ on him, but you'd probably be rolling the dice on that loose left arm issue if you asked for a replacement, so count yourself lucky.

Hey, congrats on getting him! I wouldn't sweat that knee cap issue (TBH, I doubt that I'd have even noticed it). I can see how it would be annoying after spending $400+ on him, but you'd probably be rolling the dice on that loose left arm issue if you asked for a replacement, so count yourself lucky.

Thanks man! Yeah, I'm leaning towards just keeping him as is...like I said the kneecap issue isn't terrible in the whole scheme of things, though a bit annoying for sure given the price point, and it's not a blatantly obvious flaw...aaaand I really don't wanna go through the hassle of ship back, wait, hope for a better replacement...the uncertainty of a replacement that could potentially be worse is not worth it. :pray:

But how's yours? You're not suffering the "loose lefty" are you?

Is anyone else having issues with this site? I am having issues uploading files, navigating the forums, certain pages won't load or will only show 1 page when the thread has several hundred pages, repost of earlier posts. I have tried different computers, phones, browsers, but still end up with the same result.

Is anyone else having issues with this site? I am having issues uploading files, navigating the forums, certain pages won't load or will only show 1 page when the thread has several hundred pages, repost of earlier posts. I have tried different computers, phones, browsers, but still end up with the same result.

Past several days I?ve had a ton of problems with this site. Half of the time it loads, some other times it says my IP is banned, then I refresh and it loads, sometimes it won?t load but only the first page of a thread.

Thanks man! Yeah, I'm leaning towards just keeping him as is...like I said the kneecap issue isn't terrible in the whole scheme of things, though a bit annoying for sure given the price point, and it's not a blatantly obvious flaw...aaaand I really don't wanna go through the hassle of ship back, wait, hope for a better replacement...the uncertainty of a replacement that could potentially be worse is not worth it. :pray:

But how's yours? You're not suffering the "loose lefty" are you?

No the arms on mine are fine, plus I went back and checked his knees after your post and those look good as well. But it's like you said earlier, who poses IMs or WMs without having some bend in the knees anyway? One or more of my older figures could have a similar flaw and I'd be none the wiser. It's not going to detract from how awesome this guy will look on your shelf, so I say much ado about nothing.:lecture

Past several days I?ve had a ton of problems with this site. Half of the time it loads, some other times it says my IP is banned, then I refresh and it loads, sometimes it won?t load but only the first page of a thread.

Yeah, it's been acting strange again for me too. But as long as I remember to check the "remember me" box when logging in, it seems to work OK.

Back