Hot Toys - MMS 75 - IRON MAN - 12 inches MARK III full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno guys... he's an articulated figure. After seeing She-Predator Machiko, well I just hope this one turns out better. I'd rather spend GBP120 on a Bowen FS than this, and before u bring out the pitch-forks I suggest we all reserve judgement till this has been released - if it's as awesome as everyone cooing over it says it is, then I'll eat my words [heck, I'll even get one].

But I'm waiting eagerly for a review from one of the freaks on here... that for me will be the true litmus test.

Just my humble opinion

I dunno guys... he's an articulated figure. After seeing She-Predator Machiko, well I just hope this one turns out better. I'd rather spend GBP120 on a Bowen FS than this, and before u bring out the pitch-forks I suggest we all reserve judgement till this has been released - if it's as awesome as everyone cooing over it says it is, then I'll eat my words [heck, I'll even get one].

But I'm waiting eagerly for a review from one of the freaks on here... that for me will be the true litmus test.

Just my humble opinion

Do you mean that you're worried about joints showing? From the proto pics that doesn't look like a problem. When Tony Stark is in the suit he needs to be able to move, so all the points of articulation in the real suit are used on the Hot Toys figure. It looks like the quality of a statue.

My only, ONLY concern is how articulated his legs will be. I've been breaking out the sketchpad and playing with ideas trying to figure out how much articulation they could have given him, and ben true to the design. looking at the truetype, and it's hip design, they could have basicly used the same design and be able to get him to a near split.... the question is, did they?

Granted, Iron man wasn't exactly a gymnyst in that suit, but he wasn't a geriactric either. as long as i can get him CLOSE to the pose of the sideshow statue, I'm happy.

It looks like he bends twice at the knee, so that should give him a good rage of movement when posing his legs. At the hips it looks like they can go pretty far out, after all they did have him on one of the Dark Knight stands when they were displaying him. Those stands require a bit of a split.
My worry is the arms. I hope he bends twice at the elbow.

Do you mean that you're worried about joints showing? From the proto pics that doesn't look like a problem. When Tony Stark is in the suit he needs to be able to move, so all the points of articulation in the real suit are used on the Hot Toys figure. It looks like the quality of a statue.

Prettymuch yeah... also what lerath666 said about the articulation in the legs. Hmm I don't know, I'm sitting pretty firmly on the fence on this one. I got rid of all my articulated figures [except He-Man by Four Horsemen and wave 2 of the Sota Street Fighter figures which have a shocking amount of detail] and I'm really struggling to justify spending this amount of money on an articulated figure. I paid less than this for the Green Quicksilver FS [one of my favourite statues], inc shipping from stateside... so I approach this with caution.

But that's just me, even @ half the price it'll still seem expensive for an articulated figure, BUT if it's actually as awesome as the pics suggest, I'll get one... it'll sit nicely next to the SIM commiquette :banana

For anyone that's actually into articulated figures though, it still seems like a no-brainer as it's by far the best AF I've seen... by far.

I'll wait till the reviews from here start pouring in and then I'll decide :rolleyes:

Wait. These are supposed to be Action Figures? Did someone forget to send me a notice? There is a reason for these being as expensive as they are. It's because they aren't action figures. They're display pieces that happen to be articulated. Very nicely painted, sculpted, and in the end, limited pieces for collectors to put up on their shelves to display.

Wait. These are supposed to be Action Figures? Did someone forget to send me a notice? There is a reason for these being as expensive as they are. It's because they aren't action figures. They're display pieces that happen to be articulated. Very nicely painted, sculpted, and in the end, limited pieces for collectors to put up on their shelves to display.

Yeah, I want to do what Eddie Wong done with his:

3125879028_485d3ff5d9.jpg

Now, picture Mark3 and Mark2 side by side like that in some form of iconic pose.

Sorry for any confusion. AF = Articulated Figure, or at least that's what I meant. Dunno if that translates to Action Figure as well :rolleyes:

Anyway the joints and typically smallish limbs are all characteristics of AFs, that's my main concern. Your argument is a valid one though, and it seems like the Hot Toys IM was made for folk like you... maybe me too :confused: but I'll have to wait and see.

As for that thing about being limited? sorry mate but these will be produced in runs of 50,000+... most likely much more than that. That doesnt detract from the fact that it's still a great figure, albeit an articulated one.

For me, I would like a little more attitude from my displays than just standing em straight up.

As far as articulation goes, I don't think he will get the SSC comiquette stance. I imagine he will be a lot like HT's Robocop.

For me, I would like a little more attitude from my displays than just standing em straight up.

Not if you get a big enough acrylic display to do:

ironman.jpg

At least there's no rubber suits so you can leave it like this.

This would be so nice lit up at night on your shelf like that pose as well:

iron-man-red-gold-armor.jpg

I doubt it'll be nearly as much as 50,000

Maybe 20,000

Even with the high demand figures from Sideshow they don't do all that much. And this is much more expensive.

I just hope that if I end up having to cancel (finances) that I'll be able to pick it up during summer once I have more money.

Prettymuch yeah... also what lerath666 said about the articulation in the legs. Hmm I don't know, I'm sitting pretty firmly on the fence on this one. I got rid of all my articulated figures [except He-Man by Four Horsemen and wave 2 of the Sota Street Fighter figures which have a shocking amount of detail] and I'm really struggling to justify spending this amount of money on an articulated figure. I paid less than this for the Green Quicksilver FS [one of my favourite statues], inc shipping from stateside... so I approach this with caution.

But that's just me, even @ half the price it'll still seem expensive for an articulated figure, BUT if it's actually as awesome as the pics suggest, I'll get one... it'll sit nicely next to the SIM commiquette :banana

For anyone that's actually into articulated figures though, it still seems like a no-brainer as it's by far the best AF I've seen... by far.

I'll wait till the reviews from here start pouring in and then I'll decide :rolleyes:

I understand. I only collect articulated figures, because I get bored of the same pose and I like to change it up every once in a while. I can not stand joints that show, and most of my figures joints are covered up by their outfits so that isn't a problem. I've compared the proto shots of this figure to the movie suit and it has the exact same joints that the real suit has, so its not a problem for me. :D

I've compared the proto shots of this figure to the movie suit and it has the exact same joints that the real suit has, so its not a problem for me. :D

Hadn't really thought of it that way... I guess Iron Man is unique in that regard; hmm.. food for thought indeed. This could yet make my collection! :chew

Sorry for any confusion. AF = Articulated Figure, or at least that's what I meant. Dunno if that translates to Action Figure as well :rolleyes:

Anyway the joints and typically smallish limbs are all characteristics of AFs, that's my main concern. Your argument is a valid one though, and it seems like the Hot Toys IM was made for folk like you... maybe me too :confused: but I'll have to wait and see.

As for that thing about being limited? sorry mate but these will be produced in runs of 50,000+... most likely much more than that. That doesnt detract from the fact that it's still a great figure, albeit an articulated one.

Ummm... no. at most we're talking 10,000. even then considering what's been going on in the collectables market i think that 1/2 to 3/4th's that number are far more likely. take a look at the edition sizes of regular sideshow 1/6th products, and you'll see what i mean.

How long can one wait before ordering these type of figures before all runs are nearly limited numbers?... 3 months? 6 months? is there a cut off point when one should really be considering to buy or you have now missed the boat.

Ummm... no. at most we're talking 10,000. even then considering what's been going on in the collectables market i think that 1/2 to 3/4th's that number are far more likely. take a look at the edition sizes of regular sideshow 1/6th products, and you'll see what i mean.

10,000+ for a Hot Toys articulated figure? :rolleyes: Well *shrugs shoulders* whatever you say mate.

How long can one wait before ordering these type of figures before all runs are nearly limited numbers?... 3 months? 6 months? is there a cut off point when one should really be considering to buy or you have now missed the boat.

One should consider ordering very soon, because pre-orders for the Mark III are sold out at a lot of places. There is always the Ebay route after it has been released, but I think this one is going to be in high demand so that could be quite costly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back