Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping mine ships tomorrow since it was in hand when i bought it last night. That means i'd have it this week with EMS. (not sure been a while since i did EMS)

Pre-Ordered on that ToyWiz site.....yes they're expesnsive....but I've never had an issue with them....

So, we'll see.

Thanks for the pictures. I've seen them before and forgot about them. Then again, I looked at the closeup shots and I'm thinking its gonna be difficult to slide his feet with socks into the shoes. Maybe the full socks are only for the mock-up.

I'm thinking its gonna be like the 2-in-1 Superman/Clark Kent with the half sock and the in-shoe connector.

ShoesandSocks.jpg

When I got the Superman/Clark figure, I had no idea what those black things were! I'm still not sure but I figured they were socks!

But as mentioned by some of our other Freaks here, it doesn't matter if they're full or half, the details is awesome.

I think that's a very smart way to do it, actually. I can't tell you how much trouble I've had putting boots on figures in the past. Aragorn was hands-down the worst. He came from the factory with one leg longer than the other because they didn't get it down far enough into the boot. I tried many times to get it in there and finally had to soften up the boot with boiling water to get it down in there, and it was still very difficult.

The figures don't really need to have feet inside the shoes. They don't show and just make things harder. Of course this approach does make it harder if you want to switch parts between figures.

Pre-Ordered on that ToyWiz site.....yes they're expesnsive....but I've never had an issue with them....

So, we'll see.

I preordered with them too, but this is the first I've dealt with them. I'm glad to hear you've had good luck. They say it is shipping 3rd quarter, nothing more specific. Think they'll get them the same time as everyone else?

I think "very bad" is too strong. It's not as if it looks like Bea Arthur.

Care to elaborate what specifically you think is off? Placement & shape of the eyes, nose, mouth, wrinkles and hair all look pretty spot on to me especially when compared to that still of Heath. The brow looks a smidge thick and the hair line doesn't blend as well but that about it. :huh

Perhaps you just don't care for the expression?

I think there is a lot wrong, but there is no need to rip it apart. Like I said it's a great sculpt. For me, it just doesn't capture the Joker I saw in the movie. Outfit is top notch though. I just don't see it in the sculpt.

258ufld.jpg

I think there is a lot wrong, but there is no need to rip it apart. Like I said it's a great sculpt. For me, it just doesn't capture the Joker I saw in the movie. Outfit is top notch though. I just don't see it in the sculpt.

258ufld.jpg

Aside from the deepness of the sculpt wrinkles, and the lack of darkness around the eyes, that's a good comparison photo to me. Oh well.

Its the paint. I know it.

I get what you mean a 100%, but im telling you, its the paint. Its way too light, the "lipstick" is too soft, and the eye shadow is pretty much non existant.

With a little repaint it'll look great.

That's a bit heavy below the eyes Bro but yeah, a tweak will defintiely get this Guy rocking. :rock

Hi Guys,
I will post this in several threads so everyone sees them. I just got word from Hot Toys that we can order more of the following:
Joker Figure $159.95 plus $7.95 shipping (international guys $25)
TDK Suit Batman $169.95 plus $7.95 shipping (international guys $25)
Bat Tumbler $495 (shipped worldwide)
Bat Pod $279.95 plus $$14.95 shipping (international guys $50)

The orders for more Jokers will not deliver until September/October and the TDK Suit Batman will still ship in August. If you are interested in placing orders please email me at [email protected] or via pm!! We are keeping our same prices on all of these items but please note the ship dates. For those that already have preorders in we will begin shipping Original Suit Batman and Jokers next week!!! We will be sending invoices out this week!! Thanks again and please contact me with any questions
Best
Joe

To me the he still doesn't quite look right in the face... but its certainly not a deal breaker.

Hey, Joe,
I emailed you about my Joker pre-order and about ordering a TDK Batman.

I have to agree that the HS doesn't really captures the joker on film IMHO. even HT's own site only states authentic likeness of joker, and not of heath ledger. (unlike their statement on bale) I think its a very good HS of A Joker that sorta resembles the heath ledger joker. perhaps his untimely death was some how a factor in this. Anyways, everything below the neck looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back