Hot Toys -MMS 592- ROGUE ONE: Shoretrooper Squad Leader Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow doing their own first-day unboxing videos now?

These Sideshow vids never mention the negative or things to watch out for so I don't find them very helpful. Its kind of like watching those salesmen at the Costco end-aisles selling those "incredible" non-stick pans or something like that.

It seems like Sideshow is laughably now trying to also compete against the top YouTubers. 🤣

I understand them combating the whole figure release thing but Sideshow needs to realize their own shortcomings and stay in their lane. Livestreaming and product reviews are not their strong suit.

@Cocoboloboy Can you explain me how these TW reward points work? I never figured it out. Thank you in advance for your reply!

You have two ways to use your points. One way takes 200 points to equal $1HKD and the other way takes 100 points to equal $1HKD

Option #1 - Generate a coupon using your points.

Coupons can be generated for the entire amount of a figure providing you have enough points to do so. It takes more points to equal $1 HKD doing it this way.

Coupons cost 200 points to generate $1HKD. for example:

You have 400,000 points in your account and you want to generate a coupon to pay for the entire figure.

The figure costs $1800 HKD (or roughly $231 USD). You need to put 360,000 points into the coupon generator box to get a coupon code worth $1800 HKD

200 points = $1 HKD
$1800 HKD x 200 = 360,000 points

To generate a coupon code login to your account. Go to POINTS. Enter the amount of points you want to take from your point bank into the box labeled Coupon. Generate the coupon code. Enter the code into the box at checkout.

Option #2 - Using points to get 10% off an order.

Using this option allows you to essentially exchange only 100 points to equal $1 HKD unlike option #1 which costs you 200 points to equal $1 HKD.

BUT…

Using this option only allows you to take a maximum of 10% off of a figure.

For example:

You‘re buying a figure that costs $1800 HKD and you want to use points to get the maximum 10% off.

10% of $1800 HKD is a $180 HKD discount.
100 points equals $1HKD using Option #2 so - 100 x 180 = 18000
That means you would need to enter 18000 in the POINTS box at checkout to get 10% off.

In Summary
When checking out it gives you the option to use:

a coupon code (OPTION #1) which amounts to 200 points per $1 HKD but with no amount limit.

or points (OPTION #2) which amounts to 100 points per $1 HKD but with a 10% off amount limit.

533020B7-8DFD-408B-98CE-0FCDE5BF72C0.jpeg

Last edited:
It seems like Sideshow is laughably now trying to also compete against the top YouTubers. 🤣

I understand them combating the whole figure release thing but Sideshow needs to realize their own shortcomings and stay in their lane. Livestreaming and product reviews are not their strong suit.

I guess there's enough suckers out there... certainly ebay proves that.

You have two ways to use your points. One way takes 200 points to equal $1HKD and the other way takes 100 points to equal $1HKD

Coupons can be generated for the entire amount of a figure providing you have enough points to do so. It takes more points to equal $1 HKD doing it this way.

You have 400,000 points in your account and you want to generate a coupon to pay for the entire figure.

The figure costs $1800 HKD (or roughly $231 USD). You need to put 360,000 points into the coupon generator box to get a coupon code worth $1800 HKD

200 points = $1 HKD

To generate a coupon code login to your account. Go to POINTS. Enter the amount of points you want to take from your point bank into the box labeled Coupon. Generate the coupon code. Enter the code into the box at checkout.

Using this option allows you to essentially exchange only 100 points to equal $1 HKD unlike option #1 which costs you 200 points to equal $1 HKD.

BUT…

For example:

You‘re buying a figure that costs $1800 HKD and you want to use points to get the maximum 10% off.

That means you would need to enter 18000 in the POINTS box at checkout to get 10% off.

In Summary

a coupon code (OPTION #1) which amounts to 200 points per $1 HKD but with no amount limit.

or points (OPTION #2) which amounts to 100 points per $1 HKD but with a 10% off amount limit.

View attachment 541459
Thank you, Coco! it FINALLY makes some sense.

I need to find a way of removing the coupon and getting my points back into my account so that I can go the "points" route. 10% off of a figure is better for me, with the number of points that I currently have.

200 points = $1 HKD

BUT…

For example:

In Summary

View attachment 541459
Thank you for the explanation, it’s still a complex system but makes some sense now at least.

Thank you, Coco! it FINALLY makes some sense.

I need to find a way of removing the coupon and getting my points back into my account so that I can go the "points" route. 10% off of a figure is better for me, with the number of points that I currently have.
You’re welcome!
I accidentally moved the wrong amount of points into the coupon code once and after I made the coupon realized my mistake. I sent them an email asking if they could reverse it and they did.

Got my shipping notice from TBA, can't wait. I originally ordered from SS, but the total amount paid was close and I don't have to wait three months to get it. First time going through an HK company.

Why does this look like it comes with a much much longer neck peg than the original release.
Glad to see the final production figure's neck post has not been changed from the previous release... as far as height is concerned.
☕😉

Last edited:
Back