1/6 Hot Toys MMS 534 Avengers: Endgame - Nebula Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fists do look tiny to me. But the other hands look fine...

...the fists seem small in person, but the other hands look great.

The fists are definitely undersized/underscaled, but I guess it passed the vibe check with HT QC...as does much of their s*** these days. :cuckoo:

Thanks, guys. I thought it was perhaps just the close-in pics.

I spent some time looking for a dynamic pose that would look great without putting too much pressure on the suit, and I landed on this action-ready pose with her batons. She looked really cool aiming her blaster straight ahead, but I felt a bit iffy about having so much fabric bunching up at the shoulder for extended periods.

View attachment 503424

I may tweak the pose again now and then, but my Guardians shelf is finally complete. :yess:

LOVE that display shelf. Great job on the different poses.

Nebula has arrived! I added ankle extensions and I think it really helps with the proportions. She's now about the same height as Star-Lord & Yondu, which I think is pretty accurate to the films. I also attached the holster at a lower point on her thigh as I felt that it otherwise detracted from the sleekness of her look. Here are a couple of quick pics:

TK Nebula 1.jpeg
TK Nebula 2.jpeg

Nebula has arrived! I added ankle extensions and I think it really helps with the proportions. She's now about the same height as Star-Lord & Yondu, which I think is pretty accurate to the films. I also attached the holster at a lower point on her thigh as I felt that it otherwise detracted from the sleekness of her look. Here are a couple of quick pics:

View attachment 503566
View attachment 503567

Very nice Buff, glad you're enjoying the fig! Hard to tell with the ankle extensions, maybe you can prop her up next to Star-Lord or someone else?

I do wish HT had done a better job layering the material of the suit so it's not so thick on the shoulders - that's what's causing the mechanical arm to look low. From the pics of the loose body it's apparent the arm isn't the problem. Fortunately it's not very noticeable in action poses, so not a deal breaker.

View attachment 503024

Mine finally shipped from Sideshow last night. It's scheduled to arrive next Tuesday. Sideshow's improving - it's taking them only 1 more day to get this to me from California than it's taking for my BvS Batmobile to get here from Jazzinc in The Netherlands. :lol

is the plastic under the suit removable without taking the costume off?
mine really shows on the side

Trying to put this holster on is the most frustrating experience ever. They should have put that foolishness on at the factory.

View attachment 503566
View attachment 503567

I had to copy the gun holster idea

View attachment 503566
View attachment 503567

Looking good! Nice pose! Also cool comparisons with other Guardians. On the note of ankle extenders, I finally added some to one of my Captain Marvels and wow it makes a big difference!

I've received my Nebula! I really liked her arc in IW and EG.

Though, I probably won't open her up until much later on, so many figures, so little time :thud:

Interesting change on the holster, Buffinator. I like it.

Was it simple enough to add the longer pegs? I haven't yet tried to remove the boots.

Like most of HT's figures lately, the pegs appear to be glued in place, so I had to use ankle extenders like these (2nd from left) vs. longer pegs.

Screenshot_2020-06-01 1 2 Normal 'n Extra Long Foot Leg Peg Joint Adapter Set For 12 Hot Toys P.jpeg

But yes it was quite simple as (unlike Hela, for example) there's plenty of room inside the boots. The ball joint fits were a little loose so I once again used the trick of wrapping a small piece of cloth around each ball joint first & securing it with a small rubber band. A slight annoyance as there are now two ball joints in each boot, but worth it in the end.

IIRC OSK leg extenders usually have a snug ball joint fit, so if you get some of theirs it may simplify things.

Appreciate the comparison shot. She looks taller than the rest of the Guardians now...but Karen Gillan is a tell lady, so I guess that's accurate

Yeah, she's 5'11" and the boots she wears in the movie add at least 3". When you factor in the heels she should be close to Chris Pratt's height...

Screenshot_2021-01-12 Guardians of the Galaxy cast call for James Gunn to be reinstated.jpeg

...and that seems to be how they've tried to make it look on film. Of course Zoe Saldana must be standing on a box in this scene. :lol

Screenshot_2021-01-12 The Cleveland Movie Blog.jpeg

Yeah, she's 5'11" and the boots she wears in the movie add at least 3". When you factor in the heels she should be close to Chris Pratt's height...

View attachment 503689

...and that seems to be how they've tried to make it look on film. Of course Zoe Saldana must be standing on a box in this scene. :lol

View attachment 503691

No way she is that tall. Heels must be adding atleast 4". I met Karen Gillian once at a comic con and I remember her being a few inches shorter than me. Ive heard actors fudge the numbers on this stuff on occasion.

Nebula is sweet! What a pain in the butt that holster setup is though. Was pulling out what little hair I have. :lol

Back