1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought on popcultcha. Seemed like a good price considering.

The Popcultcha price is great, mine came to be about $285 shipped, so just a few bucks over MSRP. I think it helps if you pay in AUD$ (if your card doesn't have foreign transaction fees).

The Popcultcha price is great, mine came to be about $285 shipped, so just a few bucks over MSRP. I think it helps if you pay in AUD$ (if your card doesn't have foreign transaction fees).

Good advice. I made the mistake of using PayPal a few times before I realized they were tacking on a fee with their conversion rate. Even though I was using a card attached to my account that had no foreign transaction fee. Used the card directly and the price dropped by $20.

Good advice. I made the mistake of using PayPal a few times before I realized they were tacking on a fee with their conversion rate. Even though I was using a card attached to my account that had no foreign transaction fee. Used the card directly and the price dropped by $20.

There's a way to make Paypal do it too, it's just not up front to see it. When you get to the end of a transaction and it shows the conversion rate, you have to click it and then choose 'pay in [whatever currency] and have your credit card do the conversion.' There's a message that's seemingly trying to make you scared to do it, but Paypal always takes a cut w/ the conversion. Unless a currency rate is really volatile, there's almost no way your own card won't give you the better rate.

Apologies if I missed this, but my figure came in and I've got a couple minor issues. The first is that the inside of the black collar where the neck plugs in is a bit tacky. It's leaving residue/a bit of staining on the neck. Luckily it's deep enough on the neck to where it's not visible when the head is plugged into the body, but it's there. I noticed it too on the little plastic wrapper that shipped with around the figure's neck. I suppose I should have just left it on to protect the necks. Any idea how to clean it off? I got the tackiness mostly off but the stain is still a bit there.

Second issue is the base. I cannot for the life of me get the two pieces to attach. This generally hasn't been an issue for me with other Hot Toys, but I can't get this one to go in. Might take some heat to it and see if that helps.

Otherwise an incredibly beautiful figure! Glad I sold the previous Jedi Luke and got this one instead. Well worth the trade up, even with the missing cloak.

I usually just roll down the plastic around the neck and leave it on. Maybe use some warm water to wash the sculpt idk. The issue with the base has been a common complaint with this figure. Try using a hairdryer to warm up the base before trying to plug in the stand. Or you could try to plug in a different stand from another figure that might fit better.

Are the base parts supposed to attach or just rest of the stand?

I had an issue with putting the helmet on, is it supposed to just slip on without touching? I definitely had to have plastic touch plastic to get it on. I'm not really keen on doing it again unless I'm missing some magic way to get it on.

Are the base parts supposed to attach or just rest of the stand?

I had an issue with putting the helmet on, is it supposed to just slip on without touching? I definitely had to have plastic touch plastic to get it on. I'm not really keen on doing it again unless I'm missing some magic way to get it on.

The Paradox Nerd on YouTube demonstrates a way to get the helmet on without rubbing too much. I tried it and it worked quite well. The base parts sort of just rest there. I could be wrong but I felt like they had magnets in them.

Officially have no clue what’s going on with my Popcultcha order, the AUSPost tracking says it arrived in LA on the 5th, USPS Says the same but also says “In transit to next facility” but there has been no departure scan from the LA Location and no update on either tracking since the 5th.

Officially have no clue what’s going on with my Popcultcha order, the AUSPost tracking says it arrived in LA on the 5th, USPS Says the same but also says “In transit to next facility” but there has been no departure scan from the LA Location and no update on either tracking since the 5th.

I've had four packages come from them with the same tracking issues in the last month. It took a while and was frustrating not having reliable tracking but they all eventually arrived at my door. The tracking would generally show as Australia -> NY -> LA -> NY and then arrive at my home in NH with no notice.

I've had four packages come from them with the same tracking issues in the last month. It took a while and was frustrating not having reliable tracking but they all eventually arrived at my door. The tracking would generally show as Australia -> NY -> LA -> NY and then arrive at my home in NH with no notice.

What’s the average time frame for you from order-receiving the item on those 4? I placed my order on May 17th so I’m just trying to figure out how much more waiting I have to do.

Finally got around to shipping my deluxe version to replace the original. Without a doubt it's an improvement in the suit fit. Still think the sculpt is weird, but I think a lot of it is the hair isn't quite right

Tracking hasn’t updated since the 5th...at what point do I give up on my popcultcha order actually showing up?

Tracking hasn’t updated since the 5th...at what point do I give up on my popcultcha order actually showing up?

International stuff gets held up sometimes. I've had thing sit in customs a week for no reason (no inspection performed or anything), so I'm sure it's sitting in a pile there. You may try calling wherever it was last scanned, but given the immense amount of shipping these past few months I don't know if you'll even get a live person.

I had 2 packages from popcultcha arrive on 5/31 at ISC San Francisco. 1 of them I received last week and the other has had no movement on it since then. I know of 2 other people who ordered from them and both of there packages are exactly the same as mine. So that’s over 2 weeks with no movement

I just received 2 figures double packed in the signature Popcultcha bubble wrap. No movement for about 2 wks but arrived today just before the 3 week margin. I believe another freak mentioned it took about 3 weeks to get theirs.

I have two packages from PC. Both kind of in limbo for a while. The one I ordered on 5/15 just arrived today so it looks like about 4 weeks could be the new normal for shipping from Australia.

Back