1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the regular RotJ figure, and while I don’t have this sculpt in hand, based on pictures, it looks like the same sculpt to me as the one I have with just the eyes painted to the side. Although I suppose it’s possible in hand there is a difference. If I recall correctly, there was a difference in the paint apps between the V1 and V2 ANH Solo sculpts that improved the likeness a bit on the V2 one.

Although even if this sculpt was slightly better, I’m generally not a fan of eyes glancing to the side as it limits your posing options.

Yeah I like the glance to the side if there are only a couple signature poses I plan to leave the figure in. But for a SW figure that I'm going to be constantly switching up the poses on, it does seem like it would be very limiting.

Plus it just looks really odd on Luke for some reason.

I always hated how the triangle ring on his lightsaber is on the side with that block thing so it makes it jut out when its hanging from his belt. And it barely stays on the hook. Why did they put it there? so impractical

Yeah I like the glance to the side if there are only a couple signature poses I plan to leave the figure in. But for a SW figure that I'm going to be constantly switching up the poses on, it does seem like it would be very limiting.

My sentiments also. Out of all of my figures, I think I only have maybe three with a side glance, and I haven’t changed their poses at all because the poses I have them in are exactly what I know I want them in. BvS Batman for instance to go with the Trinity pose from BvS, and TFA Luke from the scene where Rey is handing him his lightsaber. Actually, those are the only two figures of mine I can think off of the top of my head where I have a pose with a side glance.

Like you said, if it’s a figure I know I’m going to be changing up the pose on occasionally, the side glance sculpt doesn’t work for me.

The sideways looking sculpt is almost worthless if you were posing him with Vader with how limited the options are.

As I said, each to their own, horses for courses and whatever floats your boat (etc).

I have them both in hand, and I prefer the v1.
Personal preference folks, other opinions are available and equally valid.

For note, see page 92 here for the pictures of my v1 head.

Of course. :)

I am usually never looking close enough to my figures to notice which direction the eyes are looking.

This is the pic that sold me on picking this version up. Kudos to the original owner!
57ea97d7ad5150572238444ee5178cdc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I know I?m a moron, but I might be in for 2 eventually. One for ds2 luke and one skiff luke.
I already have 2 version one Luke?s, but this is way better. The version one Luke?s will be Endor gear and cloak at jabbas palace. Maybe I can sell off unused parts for my divorce attorney. I?ll buy one of these now and wait for a discount for the second. Are these shipping from ss?

I have a total of 4. Two original ROTJ Luke's (changed one of the fat suit Lukes to Endor and one is cloaked with the Jabba's palace cape) and two ROTJ Deluxe (Death Star duel Luke and deleted sandstorm Luke with V2 saber as the belt hanger hilt). I'm surprised there is actually a discussion about the releases, as in my eyes the Endor Deluxe everything blows away the original release ROTJ Luke.

I have a total of 4. Two original ROTJ Luke's (changed one of the fat suit Lukes to Endor and one is cloaked with the Jabba's palace cape) and two ROTJ Deluxe (Death Star duel Luke and deleted sandstorm Luke with V2 saber as the belt hanger hilt). I'm surprised there is actually a discussion about the releases, as in my eyes the Endor Deluxe everything blows away the original release ROTJ Luke.

I have the original and the deluxe. The deluxe is definitely the one to get. The only two things from the original that are good to have are the front looking face and the Jedi cloak, which I?m sure you could find piecemeal on eBay.

I have the original and the deluxe. The deluxe is definitely the one to get. The only two things that are good to have are the front looking face and the Jedi cloak, which I?m sure you could find piecemeal on eBay.

I completely agree, the v1 front facing headsculpt and the jedi cloak, the only things I use on my hero-Luke.

Once you put the poncho OR the jedi cloak on the version 1, he is indistinguishable from the v2. So, if you just have the first figure, it's worth getting the deluxe and setting your v1 up as endor or jabbas palace Luke.

This is the pic that sold me on picking this version up. Kudos to the original owner!
57ea97d7ad5150572238444ee5178cdc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Wow! That's a great pose. I may have to steal that one for my mine, when I get mine of course. Found out that my local shop shipment of deluxe Luke got delayed.

Just started looking into a Luke figure, can someone clear something up for me? So there's the V1, the V2, and then a deluxe version of that V2? So the actual figure is the same between the the V2 and this deluxe version? If that's the case then I think I'll jump on the discounted V2 on Sideshow because the deluxe's accessories don't really interest me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just started looking into a Luke figure, can someone clear something up for me? So there's the V1, the V2, and then a deluxe version of that V2? So the actual figure is the same between the the V2 and this deluxe version? If that's the case then I think I'll jump on the discounted V2 on Sideshow because the deluxe's accessories don't really interest me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No no no no. You might be getting the deluxe Sideshow figure mixed in there (since you mentioned the discount).

There?s three Hot Toys ROTJ releases. V1 is Luke ROTJ (MMS429) and you can have the Jabba?s palace look and the DSII look but might look a bit puffy in the chest. Eyes look forward here.

Then the new V2 is split up into two releases ? the regular is the Endor Luke (MMS516) with the gritted teeth sculpt only, or the Deluxe (MMS517) has the Endor gear, plus it comes with the sandstorm gear and the tunic that Luke wears at Jabba?s palace, and it has two sculpts the gritted teeth one and the same sculpt as the original MMS429 head but the eyes are off to the side. Just make sure it?s Hot Toys whichever one you go with.

Back