1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it likely (or possible) that the tailoring on Luke's jedi outfit will be better in this set than in the previous release? Would HT improve the tailoring or will it be the same as before?

Is it likely (or possible) that the tailoring on Luke's jedi outfit will be better in this set than in the previous release? Would HT improve the tailoring or will it be the same as before?

I think it is highly possible because this was the description when the original gallery was posted on the Hot Toys Facebook page:

Beautifully crafted based on the appearance of Luke Skywalker on Endor in the final installment of the original trilogy, the new Luke Skywalker collectible figure features a newly developed head sculpt, greatly detailed costume with refined tailoring, the helmet and camouflage cloak Luke wore on Endor, a LED light-up lightsaber, an interchangeable lightsaber blade emulating the weapon in motion, a blaster, and a themed figure stand.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/hottoys/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10155919038477344&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARAPsGvBptd-ZnPgrFnpQYHPlizVSvI1dtWNaj6iByWZJ7qQd5hTRXcK_m7ic3kn0cxNiAwrh-P4AsjQy0gFVgKW6Cf61cnxLI-rL3QCLTZGOeMmzA-Q8V59WPjlvQTuQRwcObtSHaRNg3MH2grspvl5EMx6IqsPvZaBHouwEVd7JR44hB0zMQN5pH4o1R5vCPccJW72BcZN73vWTfvnviOb_BcWW4CcGrzXZnkw9bkoXe89YfxhOWtXdvHnzv-NcP_ZIaDDd3z9WWGnuw8dRAftsl4C9U2iXvwkeyg43YHoA2Vx8uGu4D-XzvUpqYd7RVY7xZ75sR01yww8FMndri8Z-2agDIXWekfrDdec8zC4CfNxgKLBsC4_pPh_H7ShTiBbf_uKx_zGqWq9izV3NGJtvsDdjPmExejkLxuBlRc1M3dZmSGUy3aDxP0zvYPLhg&__tn__=-UC-R

Strangely enough, that part isn't on the official description on Sideshow's page. I have a feeling they will tweak it a little though.

I think it is highly possible because this was the description when the original gallery was posted on the Hot Toys Facebook page:

Beautifully crafted based on the appearance of Luke Skywalker on Endor in the final installment of the original trilogy, the new Luke Skywalker collectible figure features a newly developed head sculpt, greatly detailed costume with refined tailoring, the helmet and camouflage cloak Luke wore on Endor, a LED light-up lightsaber, an interchangeable lightsaber blade emulating the weapon in motion, a blaster, and a themed figure stand.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/hottoys/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10155919038477344&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARAPsGvBptd-ZnPgrFnpQYHPlizVSvI1dtWNaj6iByWZJ7qQd5hTRXcK_m7ic3kn0cxNiAwrh-P4AsjQy0gFVgKW6Cf61cnxLI-rL3QCLTZGOeMmzA-Q8V59WPjlvQTuQRwcObtSHaRNg3MH2grspvl5EMx6IqsPvZaBHouwEVd7JR44hB0zMQN5pH4o1R5vCPccJW72BcZN73vWTfvnviOb_BcWW4CcGrzXZnkw9bkoXe89YfxhOWtXdvHnzv-NcP_ZIaDDd3z9WWGnuw8dRAftsl4C9U2iXvwkeyg43YHoA2Vx8uGu4D-XzvUpqYd7RVY7xZ75sR01yww8FMndri8Z-2agDIXWekfrDdec8zC4CfNxgKLBsC4_pPh_H7ShTiBbf_uKx_zGqWq9izV3NGJtvsDdjPmExejkLxuBlRc1M3dZmSGUy3aDxP0zvYPLhg&__tn__=-UC-R

Strangely enough, that part isn't on the official description on Sideshow's page. I have a feeling they will tweak it a little though.

Yep! That's exactly what I was excited about and pushed me to PO this. But I have to say I am disappointed with the lack of a gloved lightsaber gripping hand, even though they include a gloved hand to grip the blaster (though that never happened in the film).

Thanks for all the replies, it really helps especially as V.1 seems to be going for relatively silly money.

Does anyone know if the 2 headsculpts on this version will be like the V1 release with a fixed neck? I hoping not as won’t be able to create the pose I’m looking for if they are.

Yep! That's exactly what I was excited about and pushed me to PO this. But I have to say I am disappointed with the lack of a gloved lightsaber gripping hand, even though they include a gloved hand to grip the blaster (though that never happened in the film).
It’s ridiculous they still didn’t include a gloved saber holding hand that isn’t the interchangeable light-up version.

Hope they can give us a pleasant surprise and throw it in as well. HT have done similar things in the past, adding an extra gloved hand surely won't hurt, but will benefit the collectors aiming for more dynamic poses greatly. Hope they have seen the comments in the various groups and comments under their posts about the isue.

I actually emailed them about it just now. Curious if I'll get a reply. I don't think its an outrageous request.

V2 always > V1

Dont believe? Close this tab and check Sith Ani vs regular Ani threads for the comparisons.

V2 always > V1

Dont believe? Close this tab and check Sith Ani vs regular Ani threads for the comparisons.

Agreed! Heard they improved the robe length and stuff among some other slight changes as well? Certainly hope this Luke turns out well as he is my favorite version of my favorite hero, and will the centerpiece of my collection. Have sent them an email as well and left a few comments regarding the gloved hand, and wrong position of the switches on the lightsaber (green arrow should be pointing up), so hope they keep it in mind and maybe address it if possible.

Got a reply from Hot Toys regarding my inquiry for the gloved saber holding hand. It seemed like a generic response though. It just said my comment will be forwarded to the production team for reference.

Im surprised they havent started taking payments left for the one. My Ep III Obi Wan Deluxe was a day 1 preorder, and payments started almost immediately. Ive been on that last payment for a good 5-6 months I believe.

Got a reply from Hot Toys regarding my inquiry for the gloved saber holding hand. It seemed like a generic response though. It just said my comment will be forwarded to the production team for reference.

Should have replied that their production team should just rewatch the film. That should be enough reference.

Should have replied that their production team should just rewatch the film. That should be enough reference.
I just don’t understand why they wouldn’t include it twice. The first release I thought they were marketing more as a Jabba’s Palace Luke, which in that case he didn’t have the glove yet so even though I was bothered by it I kinda understood.

Leaving it out here though is puzzling. This look is later in the film where he definitely had the glove. Extra hands are pretty much the easiest accessories to include and a gloved saber holding hand just seems like such a given to me. Especially as that’s the hand he predominantly handled the lightsaber with.

Back