1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand why people duped, cheated or whatever...as you said people have a right to freely express what they think and i have nothing against it. Im not Hot Toys apologist, and Im not trying to pick a fight with anyone who felt that way here. Im just saying its pointless to feel angy, this business tactic will definitely continue to be applied for future POs...and its not just Hot Toys way, but other manufacturers in the world are the same.

You bought an Iphone X, later Apple released an upgraded version Iphone XS with some changes. Do you feel cheated ?

Could be worse. My friend bought a brand new 2010 Mustang GT- 300 horsepower only for them to revise the car a few months later to 412 horsepower (5.0) lol
Talk about bummed!

I understand why people duped, cheated or whatever...as you said people have a right to freely express what they think and i have nothing against it. Im not Hot Toys apologist, and Im not trying to pick a fight with anyone who felt that way here. Im just saying its pointless to feel angy, this business tactic will definitely continue to be applied for future POs...and its not just Hot Toys way, but other manufacturers in the world are the same.

You bought an Iphone X, later Apple released an upgraded version Iphone XS with some changes. Do you feel cheated ?

iPhones, computers, tech in general are a terrible comparison. Of all the Hot Toys Star Wars figures so far, when's the last time they released a deluxe version of a nearly identical figure right after the previous one shipped to nearly everyone that pre-ordered?

It would really depend on how much I knew about the XS before buying the X I guess. This release wasnt fully revealed or confirmed when we all bought the V1, had it been people would have had the choice to hold off and wait

iPhones, computers, tech in general are a terrible comparison. Of all the Hot Toys Star Wars figures so far, when's the last time they released a deluxe version of a nearly identical figure right after the previous one shipped to nearly everyone that pre-ordered?

Anakin Skywalker meet dark side anakin
Not a deluxe, but a far worse rip off.
At least that figure was phenomenal.
This Release is underwhelming.

These are basically all the same, but each to their own. Wasnt Jei Luke released in August 2017 ? It has already more than a year for this Deluxe to come now.

It is very funny to me that most of people here, from my observation willing to spend $250 for only Endor Luke..but pissed of/felt cheated for $280 Deluxe that included Endor look with more accessories for more display options.

maxresdefault.jpg

These are basically all the same, but each to their own. Wasnt Jei Luke released in August 2017 ? It has already more than a year for this Deluxe to come now.

It is very funny to me that most of people here, from my observation willing to spend $250 for only Endor Luke..but pissed of/felt cheated for $280 Deluxe that included Endor look with more accessories for more display options.

:exactly: :goodpost: why spend $250 when they can get a better option deluxe for just $30 more :lecture

Endor figure is overpriced, but in concept it was more of a new figure compared to the original ROTJ version (new sculpt, poncho, no tunic, cloak, Jabba blaster). This new deluxe version basically negates the need to own either the first figure or the Endor figure. So now they're essentially offering a complete package for all the looks if that's what someone wants, but someone would have to sell off the first figure right after acquiring it, right as the demand for it plummets. And I'm not buying the whole -- "there are so many looks so you need two Luke figures" argument. By that logic ANH Luke should have had at least two different releases and Rogue One Jyn for her main outfit and TFA Han and so-on.

Obviously Hot Toys thinks some people might want almost every single look in one complete package, as that's exactly what they're offering in the deluxe package. I'm not fully committed one way or the other (main concern is just having the side-eyed main sculpt), but I picked up an extra cloak and set of binders so that I can sell off the full ROTJ version at some point should I decide the deluxe is sufficient.

I don’t know why anyone is surprised Hot Toys did what they did with Luke being as popular a character as he is. I think anyone who has collected these for enough years knows HT was gonna milk Star Wars, especially Luke and Vader, for all they are worth.

First the Vader ANH release with crappy gloves. Then the Rogue one with great gloves but no light up saber which is essentially supposed to be the same outfit but from a different movie. Then the 2 pack Vader with Tarkin that was better than both of them because it had the good gloves and the light up saber. All the same outfit.

Now you have ESB Vader and eventually the ROTJ Vader which are different but only slightly to the untrained eye do they look identical. Luke won’t be any different.

You can’t fault them for their current and past business model if it’s been their MO for a while now.

Buy what you want and if something comes out later that you want buy that too. If you can’t afford it or don’t have room don’t get it. There are plenty of things I’d love to have but either missed out on or couldn’t afford or just didn’t have to room for so I didn’t get them. Such is life.

Crying about it won’t change HT. It’s like complaining to your friends that McDonald’s came out with a better hamburger after you just bought a Big Mac. It is what it is. They will always come out with a better version than their last one. DX6 and DX15. DX1 and DX11. DX2 and DX12. All improvements on basically the same figure with different options and accessories.

Last edited:
Endor figure is overpriced, but in concept it was more of a new figure compared to the original ROTJ version (new sculpt, poncho, no tunic, cloak, Jabba blaster). This new deluxe version basically negates the need to own either the first figure or the Endor figure. So now they're essentially offering a complete package for all the looks if that's what someone wants, but someone would have to sell off the first figure right after acquiring it, right as the demand for it plummets. And I'm not buying the whole -- "there are so many looks so you need two Luke figures" argument. By that logic ANH Luke should have had at least two different releases and Rogue One Jyn for her main outfit and TFA Han and so-on.

Obviously Hot Toys thinks some people might want almost every single look in one complete package, as that's exactly what they're offering in the deluxe package. I'm not fully committed one way or the other (main concern is just having the side-eyed main sculpt), but I picked up an extra cloak and set of binders so that I can sell off the full ROTJ version at some point should I decide the deluxe is sufficient.

I disagree with you. The DX version doesn’t include the Jedi cloak which to me is the most iconic look for Luke in ROTJ. For this look you need to own the original release. So the DX version doesn’t cover all the options.

I disagree with you. The DX version doesn’t include the Jedi cloak which to me is the most iconic look for Luke in ROTJ. For this look you need to own the original release. So the DX version doesn’t cover all the options.

Yes I'm aware. I stated that I went out and purchased the two! missing items so that I could have a complete package with the deluxe should I want it.

:exactly: :goodpost: why spend $250 when they can get a better option deluxe for just $30 more :lecture

I have no need for those extra accessories that came with Deluxe..will get only Endor Luke, even though its just $30 difference. But for collectors that enjoy specific outfits/scenes in the movie this version will be their best choice to represent their favorite Luke.

As I said..OPTIONS!.. totally up to your own collecting taste.

Imo they didn’t make the second release any better than the first. More display options is not a bad choice. If I had the money and space I’d buy every release

I have no need for those extra accessories that came with Deluxe..will get only Endor Luke, even though its just $30 difference. But for collectors that enjoy specific outfits/scenes in the movie this version will be their best choice to represent their favorite Luke.

As I said..OPTIONS!.. totally up to your own collecting taste.

Don’t know why people aren’t interested in the wavy hair option , I like the wavy hair option because it was key in the skiff battle scene of the movie. What bothers me are the direction his eyes are on that option :slap

Folks, its about choice. For the billionth time. We were not given the option to have the choice.

Now , if your brain cannot comprehend this simple fact, I am very sorry.
I for one only purchase one of each character/iteration of a costume. However, I has limited brain that me have hard time understanding stuff.
I have to point out that perhaps Hot Toys was developing the deleted scene accessories during the times Endor Luke was previewed. There's a possibility they were unsure if it was going to come to fruition.
As most of us know, collectors don't like companies displaying figures that may never materialize. Some people can see the possibility of other factors at play. Plus, there's that whole "just don't buy it" thing.

Don’t know why people aren’t interested in the wavy hair option , I like the wavy hair option because it was key in the skiff battle scene of the movie. What bothers me are the direction his eyes are on that option :slap

Consensus seems to be that that version was executed pretty poorly. I think in part it comes down to the sculpt having removable hair, but since the point was to have the sculpts work with the Endor helmet they made compromises.

Y’all need to keep your original version and save your money for Bespin Han, Lando, ESB Chewie, 3-PO and R2.
With the exception of R2, the others are gonna drop any day now.

I’m pretty sure the cloak causing staining issues is why they they took it off the deluxe. They didn’t want to redesign the robe so it’s easier to not include it

Yes I'm aware. I stated that I went out and purchased the two! missing items so that I could have a complete package with the deluxe should I want it.

Sorry Ton Ton. Didn’t read your post properly 👍

Y’all need to keep your original version and save your money for Bespin Han, Lando, ESB Chewie, 3-PO and R2.
With the exception of R2, the others are gonna drop any day now.

Hope so! Most looking forward to seeing the headsculpt on that bespin han. Fingers crossed that someone finally nails a middle aged Harrison Ford sculpt.

Back