Hot Toys MMS 375 The Force Awakens Ep VII Chewbacca - Custom Modifications

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long would you put the head into boiling water to take it apart? Is it like a quick 5 second dunk? I havent fixed a figure like this before. I just like to think I could. Im thinking about picking the Han and Chewie 2 pack soon.

CHEWBACCA.jpg

Yeah, so.... I've just sent my Chewie to you for the full treatment, Matrix. I taped some money to his forehead. Hope its enough!

28337193_10208550867407574_8987475752407707967_o.jpg

Well-it will be interesting to see if HT does PO and release the "Solo" version of Chewie we get glimpses of the yje deluxe Solo figure PO gallery.
Not promising withe those big lips, but it's early days...

A lot of the Chewies that were modified look amazing on this thread. Can the first version from new hope look this good futzed? Or does it suffer from say problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for this thread! I’m going to leave it for now, I’m pretty happy with it. I might revisit it tomorrow with fresh eyes. What do you think?

Here’s a list of the things I did:

Broke apart the head entirely.
Removed the upper jaw and lower jaw
Broke off the lower jaw for better positioning.
Cut off and shortened the distance between the nose and the upper lip.
Drilled out the top canines and replaced them with bigger ones.
Corrected the color of the lips and made them bigger using paint.
Reglued the top jaw slightly forward of the original position.
Reattached the lower jaw to give him a small overbite.
Repainted the eyes a lighter shade of blue.
Put flat black paint around the eyes and feathered out from dark to light to darken the eye sockets in the right shape and color.
Darkened the mustache
Fixed the orange fur color.
Reshaped the hair around the eyes.
Repainted the boxes in the bandolier to the correct silver color.
Weathered the bowcaster in gunmetal and silver.
Slightly weathered the leather of the bandolier.
Did a lot of brushing, futzing and gelling of the hair to give it the correct direction and shape.
Found a pose that was right

8b4dd43d14b0fca1ab277d265d8a929e.jpg

Thanks so much for this thread! I’m going to leave it for now, I’m pretty happy with it. I might revisit it tomorrow with fresh eyes. What do you think?

Here’s a list of the things I did:

Broke apart the head entirely.
Removed the upper jaw and lower jaw
Broke off the lower jaw for better positioning.
Cut off and shortened the distance between the nose and the upper lip.
Drilled out the top canines and replaced them with bigger ones.
Corrected the color of the lips and made them bigger using paint.
Reglued the top jaw slightly forward of the original position.
Reattached the lower jaw to give him a small overbite.
Repainted the eyes a lighter shade of blue.
Put flat black paint around the eyes and feathered out from dark to light to darken the eye sockets in the right shape and color.
Darkened the mustache
Fixed the orange fur color.
Reshaped the hair around the eyes.
Repainted the boxes in the bandolier to the correct silver color.
Weathered the bowcaster in gunmetal and silver.
Slightly weathered the leather of the bandolier.
Did a lot of brushing, futzing and gelling of the hair to give it the correct direction and shape.
Found a pose that was right

8b4dd43d14b0fca1ab277d265d8a929e.jpg
Damn thats great. I really need to at least try and fix some of the fur on mine. I really can't believe Hot Toys messed up this figure that much

A lot of the Chewies that were modified look amazing on this thread. Can the first version from new hope look this good futzed? Or does it suffer from say problems

It’s a much better figure after futzing than TFA version, but still falls short. I’m planning on doing some work on my ANH Chewie when I need a break from my Sandtroopers. I still am interested in picking up a TFA Chewie as well.

Just grabbed this set today for under $44 shipped after using my BBTS credit so I can’t wait to do this mod on my Chewie. The work you guys have done here are truly inspiring.

282a7b6aedd59d4e5b775b07efa6d4f9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine came today and before I did anything I popped Chewies head off and went to town with the upper lip mod. Spent about an hour. Might dye the fur more around the eyes and upper lip more then I already have but so far I’m in love with this figure. Would really like to do the blue eye mod as well. For now though I feel like I have a pretty awesome Chewbacca instead of a very large golden retriever. [emoji23]

How mine came...

42e080f04959042deaabac716ea624a0.jpg
c0278c773ece52723c0a68fe2f29d924.jpg

After closing the distance between the nose and upper lip, setting the mouth plate right and flush with the upper mouth plate, also repainted lips from black plastic to a natural movie look and then cleared the all the mouth pieces to give it that wet look. Also whittled out the area in front of the inner head plug so the mouth could finally open - mine originally barely opened. Darkened the fur to the lower eyes and gave Chewie his darkened mustache.

So my Chewbacca now...
6a2be4500779a52e651afd77c1aba488.jpg
04fd6484c1bccdc51888ed00f2bfc368.jpg
03d35895b232234f9432a0607d07e8ec.jpg
2d1b55202bef9e8141a2335f80ea26a5.jpg
25104266a52be788c419258af59331eb.jpg
c969212d0d7eab58c067ac8efeeb175e.jpg

What glue did you guys use for gluing the upper mouth back on? I've tried clear gorilla glue but it doesnt seem to work

Back