Hot Toys Millenium Falcon Cockpit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see why they don't start out with something more manageable like the iconic land speeder. That's doable. You have Farmboy Luke, Ben Kenobi, and now, TFA droids. Why not do Luke's Landspeeder? It's a classic, simple design and smaller.

:goodpost:

I think the cockpit was a pretty good idea if they actually make it and not tease us yet again for another year. A land speeder would be cool, but would like to see a x-wing fighter and Luke in his pilot uniform. But probably will never happen.

I think the cockpit was a pretty good idea if they actually make it and not tease us yet again for another year. A land speeder would be cool, but would like to see a x-wing fighter and Luke in his pilot uniform. But probably will never happen.
I hope you mean a cockpit not a whole fighter as that would be bigger than a queen size bed.

I hope you mean a cockpit not a whole fighter as that would be bigger than a queen size bed.

I mean the WHOLE x-wing fighter, but would make it huge would be the wing-span, but I guess it would be easier to do the tie-fighter or interceptor. Maybe not a queen-size bed but a twin-size bed for the X-wing. :)

You know, we're supposed to believe that the crafters of the high end collectibles we love are fans...Who doesn't know that Chewie sat in co-pilot with Rey?

That's not to say that absolutely EVERYONE who handles the pieces in a large show like SDCC is a hyper fan of every license, but this is the collecting world's Main Event. You would think the HT/SS event leadership team would go through and make sure everything was right before the open. Attention to detail goes a long way in this hobby. This is not the one to phone in....

And if HT/SS is paying attention to their market, who on this forum doesn't believe they could futz Chewie better than that? Didn't they learn from ANH Chewie? People wanted to cancel him after those SDCC2015 shots came out. Why repeat the error?

I have to agree. We've all seen how good the OT HT Chewy can look with some masterful futzing. I can't believe that they don't have a "chief Futzer" on site for these exhibitions / showcases. I mean if your trying to sell a product to the public you should make it look as desirable as possible right?! :dunno

I mean the WHOLE x-wing fighter, but would make it huge would be the wing-span, but I guess it would be easier to do the tie-fighter or interceptor. Maybe not a queen-size bed but a twin-size bed for the X-wing. :)
1/6 X wing would be actually larger than a king bed. It would over 7' wide and 7' long.

The size of the cockpit is immense, but man do I hope HotToys does it. Under a grand would seem miraculous. tmp_31123-IMG_20160724_232253-1905692121.jpg

Did they get rid of the back of the cockpit? Haven't seen any pictures of it this year. That would be a way to reduce costs if they're truly thinking of making this.

My wife just agreed to bring this big boy home and display it at our living room. Now HT must produce it!!

Yeah probably would be better if they removed the back end display portion of it, then we wouldn't all feel bad about mounting it with the back end to the wall. Plus a wall mount feature probably would allow a lot of collectors more possibilities for display, as none of us have the shelf space, especially with all the figs coming out... wall mounting will also give the sense of flying and you could literally mount it anywhere. I'd mount mine above my bed LOLZ jk but srsly maybe idunno

Did they get rid of the back of the cockpit? Haven't seen any pictures of it this year. That would be a way to reduce costs if they're truly thinking of making this.
Nope it's still there. You can see it's the same rear section in other pics. There are no straight on pics of the rear but I don't think there are any scenes involving the TFA and that part of the falcon either so no reason to do so.

Yeah probably would be better if they removed the back end display portion of it, then we wouldn't all feel bad about mounting it with the back end to the wall. Plus a wall mount feature probably would allow a lot of collectors more possibilities for display, as none of us have the shelf space, especially with all the figs coming out... wall mounting will also give the sense of flying and you could literally mount it anywhere. I'd mount mine above my bed LOLZ jk but srsly maybe idunno

This. I would never display anything from the back of the cockpit and a wallmount would be ideal. You could even print out a picture of the Falcon to scale to create a background to complete the diorama.

This. I would never display anything from the back of the cockpit and a wallmount would be ideal. You could even print out a picture of the Falcon to scale to create a background to complete the diorama.

Not me. I thought that was a great detail surprise that they showed last year. And hell, I'll take as much detailing and work on this piece considering it's going to cost a mint!

Not me. I thought that was a great detail surprise that they showed last year. And hell, I'll take as much detailing and work on this piece considering it's going to cost a mint!

Completely agree. I plan on having it on display in front of the couch in a custom glass 'coffee table' display in my future toy/man-cave. Having it detailed on all sides is what I want.

let's say an AT-ST is about 5 times the height of a human - a figure is 12", so a foot, I think they could get away with making something 3 and 1/2 times the size of a regular figure (3.5 feet) that sat a single figure and still looked cool
open-uri20150608-27674-11fwgh1_cc0766d7.jpeg

Back