Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ sounds reasonable.

I'm gonna reserve judgement until it comes along but Game collectibles will always be superior to adapted ones with MGS

As you said it's likely to be sanitized for new viewers and not resemble Metal Gear as much as it should, same reason why i wouldn't ever buy movie Black Widow, Hawkeye or Nick Fury, they're nothing like the comic characters.

Really still waiting for a PF from sideshow. I know it will happen.

So much mancream would fill my pants :lol

^ sounds reasonable.

I'm gonna reserve judgement until it comes along but Game collectibles will always be superior to adapted ones with MGS

As you said it's likely to be sanitized for new viewers and not resemble Metal Gear as much as it should, same reason why i wouldn't ever buy movie Black Widow, Hawkeye or Nick Fury, they're nothing like the comic characters.

So much mancream would fill my pants :lol

Metal Gear Solid and comics isn't a good comparrison, since the comics from Marvel and DC have have been handled by many different writers over the years - with each person having their own interpretation of the storylines and characters. This makes the movies much more acceptable - since they're just different interpretations of known material that's already been watered down for decades.

That's very much unlike Metal Gear Solid, where Kojima has always spearheaded the series' development and storyline. While I'm not sure as to what will be the extent of his involvement in an MGS movie, most likely, it will not be anything of great significance - since he's busy with KojiPro in planning the next few MGS titles (as well as the new ZOE game). So, we can expect someone else to take charge of the writing/production of the new movie - getting ready to butcher the heck out of it.

But with everything said, we still don't even know if the movie actually happening :lol

Last edited:
No, I'd rather not. Feel free to call me a petulant, hardcore fan-boy, but my mind's already made up. In order to appeal to a mainstream audience, this film will have to be an independent story that's not even related to the MGS canon in any way (or it'll have to be significantly watered down for regular film-goers) - similar to the Resident Evil movies which had Alice and Prison Break's Chris Redfield.

Like I said before, I won't buy the figures of "cosplayers" acting as MGS characters. First and foremost, MGS is a video-game series with a storyline and characters that I've loved for many years (my issues with Peace Walker and MGS 4 aside). So, I'm not interested in a director's interpretation of MGS - or rather, something that's MGS in name only.

Nope, sorry. Do not want.

What is your beef with peacewalker/mgs4????? Both good games....

I Just Finished Playing MGS 4, and i can safely say i felt as if i was watching the cutscenes more so than the gameplay.

MGS 3 still my favorite :)

MGS 4 is a great game. It just feels like it should be MGS 8. We got jipped out of a handful of great Solid Snake games by the accelerated aging meaning it could never happen. Now Snake either needs to wake up from his dream which was mgs 4, find the fountain of youth or get foxlive injected into him for us to ever get a solid snake game (thats not a remake). Im not interested into going pre-MGS with Solid Snake though.

Well there are still a few possibilities for closed stories. Snake worked for the CIA directly after MG1 and left because of how they operated.
They could make severla games on Snake working n Philanthropy before and after MGS2. In this case they could join or close the stories.

MGS 4 is a great game. It just feels like it should be MGS 8. We got jipped out of a handful of great Solid Snake games by the accelerated aging meaning it could never happen. Now Snake either needs to wake up from his dream which was mgs 4, find the fountain of youth or get foxlive injected into him for us to ever get a solid snake game (thats not a remake). Im not interested into going pre-MGS with Solid Snake though.

To get solid snake back, it would only work as a prologue to MGS1. Everyone is saying that Ground Zeroes is itself a prologue to MGS5, and speculation is that MGS5 could have a young snake taking down BigBoss in their first encounter.

I am dead happy BigBoss is back, and now i get to control him with TWO ANALOGUES!! Peacewalker was a really good game but i played and completed it on my PSP, which using theaction buttons to control the camera made it quite jarring.

It's a bit cheap, but I'd prefer that Snake find the de-ageing potion and continue in new games rather than die from accelerated aging. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of Metal Gear 1 either.

Its cheap, but at the same time Vamp was using something along the same lines. just re-work what he was using, give a 2 minute speech to make it not sound like a cop-out and bingo!

Theres no need for a cheap fix. The story ended in MGS4 but like i said theres lots to make from Snake in Philanthropy!

I'd love to see two things (not sure how realistic they are though):

(1) A new game featuring a younger Solid Snake from the 90s. Kojima worked with Old Snake, so he could balance it off with a "Young Snake" - when he was just a rookie in Foxhound.

(2) A remake of Metal Gear Solid Rising from KojiPro. They already created the entire script for the game and the only thing that's missing is development.

Sorry guys, newbie question here! The description, spec, says that it will include a ration. But the problem is, there isnt one on the photoshots. Please dont tell me the one that look likes a trip mine is the ration.......

That's the common thing for HT to say "there's something" and never show it before the actual release.

Back