1/6 Hot Toys Marvel Studios: The First Ten Years-1/6 scale Captain America (Concept Art)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO this is a completely awesome bash and *inspirational*.

Also for a Bucky Cap switchout.

When I looked at those pics that's the thought that popped into my head - this would look more natural if it was Bucky (Well that and he shops at the same place as Frank Castle - lol). It seems likely he'd gear up the same as his WS days and add the shield as a tribute to Steve.

When I looked at those pics that's the thought that popped into my head - this would look more natural if it was Bucky (Well that and he shops at the same place as Frank Castle - lol). It seems likely he'd gear up the same as his WS days and add the shield as a tribute to Steve.

Comic Bucky Cap is a darker, edgier Cap. If I had the money I'd pick up a second Concept Cap to 'bash a Bucky Cap for sure. But, sadly, my wallet sez no:(. Still - as is, I'd almost cancelled this Cap and so glad I didn't. Paired up with CW Bucky they look awesome on the shelf.

IMO this is a completely awesome bash and *inspirational*.

Thank you for the positive feedback, I do appreciate it and I’m digging the final “bash” on my shelf!

Actually, when I was starting to get all the parts together I almost used the OSK Bucky headsculpt that was released for TWS Bucky (no eyeliner, no mask) and swapping the left trigger hand with one of Bucky’s metal gloved hands. I ultimately decided against this because IF the mantle gets passed on after Endgame, I know that Falcon could be chosen to carry the torch but, In my opinion, the more interesting through line is giving it to Bucky. It’s would make for a great story, especially with the distrust from other “heroes”, the fact that he’s got some version of a super-soldier serum running through his veins and he’s much more brutal and less of a leader.

Cap... as the Punisher.

Actually this was exactly what I was going for! Well I guess it was more of making the figure look like both a modern interpretation of Rescue Cap and trying to realize what Rodgers (in this decade) would realistically feel was a proper loadout if he was actually going to war! That’s one of the things that impressed me most about TFA, it was stupid to think that during WWII, even someone like Cap wouldn’t use guns and explosives. Yeah I’ll always love the vibranium shield but he isn’t Superman and he isn’t going to be able to blow up Hydra bases with just a “frisbee”.

And in case people don’t know this: after Steve died at the hands of Sharon Carter at the end of Civil War (comic) The Punisher donned the mantle before the others found the note from Steve saying that Bucky was his chosen successor! Cool stuff right? I’d love to see “Captain Punisher” on the big screen but alas, the chances of that outcome is slim to none.

Cap't Punisher would be cool. A darker Cap for a darker time.

giphy.gif

Comic Bucky Cap is a darker, edgier Cap. If I had the money I'd pick up a second Concept Cap to 'bash a Bucky Cap for sure. But, sadly, my wallet sez no:(. Still - as is, I'd almost cancelled this Cap and so glad I didn't. Paired up with CW Bucky they look awesome on the shelf.

And imagine one with the metal arm....
That would be amazing.

And imagine one with the metal arm....
That would be amazing.

As I said in an earlier post, making this a Bucky/Cap figure was actually my first idea, as such I "looked" into what the modifications might entail. Obviously the head, neck, hand(s) and metal left arm would be needed parts. It is doable! I was able to pull the arm out of the socket (just a few millimeters since I was just testing and wasn't ready to do anything "radical" yet) and the only thing that I could tell that needed to be done was to cut the fabric that's on the arm and part of Cap's under suit. Because it is a stretchy, "skin tight" type of fabric used, I surmised that just going in as close to the shoulder joint with an exacto knife would allow me to remove the arm. The cutting of fabric isn't actually what stopped me, it was the size of this figure's biceps! I compared both TWS and CW Bucky arms to CA Cap arms and it just would not have looked right.

So I did what I did, as seen in the pictures and will patiently await Steve's death and hope that Bucky picks up the mantle of CAPTAIN AMERICA!

Has anyone been brave enough so far to remove the suit? Curious what body is underneath.

Wasn’t gunna pick this guy up, but I think Im gunna sell my CW Cap and get this guy instead. Have some custom ideas for this fig.

I couldn't resist the all black suit, and I found a decent deal on the bay; it's less than what I'd get with Sideshow since I reside in CA I'd have to eat the sales tax. This will be my fist HT Cap figure.

I couldn't resist the all black suit, and I found a decent deal on the bay; it's less than what I'd get with Sideshow since I reside in CA I'd have to eat the sales tax. This will be my fist HT Cap figure.

Congrats! Nearly cancelled this guy 'coz I have other Caps. But this one is badass!

Interesting. I have that figure and it seems really flat. Yours looks more beefy. The black body is the concept Cap I assume.

Back