Hot Toys kick a**!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot Toys is nice, but after my recent experience with their most recent muscular bodies, they need to come up with a better, less fragile wrist pin. Both my Rocky Balboa and Rambo 3 have had the wrist pin break off with gentle rotation because the pin holding it in the arm is too snug and there is no pivot, which on Rambo is key, not so much Rocky. They're a great company, but some areas are very fragile and could use some strong R&D.

Hot Toys is nice, but after my recent experience with their most recent muscular bodies, they need to come up with a better, less fragile wrist pin. Both my Rocky Balboa and Rambo 3 have had the wrist pin break off with gentle rotation because the pin holding it in the arm is too snug and there is no pivot, which on Rambo is key, not so much Rocky. They're a great company, but some areas are very fragile and could use some strong R&D.

I totally agree with the hand pin design, breaks too easily. Had problems with that too. Need to redesign that.

Here's a little something to show why I think Hot Toys rocks!!!

AW824072.jpg

HTENDO6.jpg

HTR32.jpg

So is this concensus ? I am worried about having broken hands all over the place...

What's the deal?

For me at least, the problem has only been with the updated muscular bodies that started with Rocky. It seems like the wrist pins are coming out of production held too tightly in the arm socket, so when you go to rotate the wrist, the ball goes but the pin stays, but the ball attaches to the pin with such a small piece of plastic, even going gently can break it under these circumstances. HT has a great base body, but there wrist connectors have always been a concern of mine.

I have had several problems with pin breakage, some came broken in the box. Had to return my Ripley because her leg pin was half broken. My Hudson also came with a half broken elbow pin but it holds okay, still. The design of the pin is a single groove between 2 tooth ends, it is in this that breakage can happen. Pulling out and forcing the pin into the joint, breakage can happen too easily. Definitely a problem with these kits. Luckily I've had fewer problems with wrist or hand pins but sometimes the older wrist ball joints separate in halves. At least you can put those back together.

Last edited:
All in all, my Hot Toys batting average is solid.

No Problems
Jack Sparrow
AVP Warrior
ALIENS Warrior
Cpl. Hicks
First Blood Rambo
First Blood Part 2 Rambo
Endoskeleton

Problems
Rocky Balboa (wrist pin, but glued it back together easily enough)
Rambo 3 (wrist pin, getting replacement pin)

2 out of 9 ain't to bad I guess.

I didnt realize people where having these problems.

I lucked out, but a fair number of people have reported issues with the Aliens Warrior, I'm thankful to have avoided that, and a few people had minor issues with their Endo's battery connections. I think Hot Toys is kinda like it's own worst enemy in some cases; they do so much to optimize their pieces that it leaves them fairly fragile. One reason I do like their price point, it makes me cautious with their figures, which is what got to me about my Rambo 3, I had it out of the box 30 minutes and the first time I went to pose the hand and snap. Oh well, stand up on their part to replace parts like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back