Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So finally after so many delays and drama got him from Sideshow. It is absolutely beautiful and costume sits way better on the body than on BvS one. (I thought BvS one was best one but his discoloration on the collar killed that figure for me) face paint is absolutely gorgeous, and upgraded slightly from previous one.Most likely perfect figure, only defect I found is slight fading on the collar plastic , I have seen same defect on other ppl's figures as well. I'm not going to complain about it as if sideshow sends replacement it might be worse (I have experienced that with other figure and I felt horrible) anyway very pleased with that one , costume is perfect color in person, not as bright as on the photos.
BeCxjBW.jpg
KWqEmt8.jpg

Beautiful shots, Jaxon! Mine just got here, but after a grueling stretch at work, I'm too beat to open him tonight.

Your pics are indeed inspiring!

I was wondering if its still possible to acquire the base body loose from any site these days? Toyanxiety/blackopstoys/monkeydepot seem to be out of them... ebay also doesn't seem to be selling the loose body any more...

If anyone could direct me to any other sites that do sell these HT loose parts I'd be grateful!

I have an extra body. Been trying to find someone who wanted to swap for a BvS, if they had an extra body

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Damn. Glad I finally ordered this guy last week. Now to wait for the inevitable black suit version.

I know it's wishful thinking at this point, but I'm hoping they finally make a sculpt with his hair parted to the other side like in JL, maybe even with a slight smile.
It was fairly obvious the light up sculpt was originally intended for the BvS release.

black.jpg

Damn. Glad I finally ordered this guy last week. Now to wait for the inevitable black suit version.

I know it's wishful thinking at this point, but I'm hoping they finally make a sculpt with his hair parted to the other side like in JL, maybe even with a slight smile.
It was fairly obvious the light up sculpt was originally intended for the BvS release.

It's great to see at least someone saying "inevitable" Black Suit. I really hope it turns out that way.

The only thing is I hope Hot Toys think a little about who a black suit Superman could be paired with. I like to think they usually do this, if even just to ensure extra sales.

Like I've said before he would pair really well with Knightmare Batman, or I guess Darkseid depending how it plays out.

But if you have the classic Batman, Wonderwoman, Red+Blue Superman (and perhaps Flash+Aquaman), where would this guy fit into that group ?

It's great to see at least someone saying "inevitable" Black Suit. I really hope it turns out that way.

The only thing is I hope Hot Toys think a little about who a black suit Superman could be paired with. I like to think they usually do this, if even just to ensure extra sales.

Like I've said before he would pair really well with Knightmare Batman, or I guess Darkseid depending how it plays out.

But if you have the classic Batman, Wonderwoman, Red+Blue Superman (and perhaps Flash+Aquaman), where would this guy fit into that group ?

Knightmare Batman would make a good pairing as you said. HT really need to redo that figure.

They should do Darkseid even if he has a very small role in the movie. That and the Snyder version of Steppenwolf would be instant buys if they made them. Those two beasts facing off against the JL figures would be an awesome display indeed. Its so frustrating HT never give us the villains!

Well, if JL supes didn't sell well and the Snyder cut wasn't announced, I would say there was no chance. But I don't see why they wouldn't now. I usually don't like using the word "inevitable" with hot toys... but lately they've surprised me with some of their recent reveals I never expected to see from them, and this could be a relatively easy repaint for them so i'm gonna be optimistic for once. :lol

I'd like to see Darkseid, but I won't hold my breath since It's mostly the villains they avoid anyway... But I could see a re-issue of Knightmare bats if he has more scenes in the snyder cut. Question is, will HT wait to see how it does before committing to new figures from the line?

Well, if JL supes didn't sell well and the Snyder cut wasn't announced, I would say there was no chance. But I don't see why they wouldn't now. I usually don't like using the word "inevitable" with hot toys... but lately they've surprised me with some of their recent reveals I never expected to see from them, and this could be a relatively easy repaint for them so i'm gonna be optimistic for once. :lol

I'd like to see Darkseid, but I won't hold my breath since It's mostly the villains they avoid anyway... But I could see a re-issue of Knightmare bats if he has more scenes in the snyder cut. Question is, will HT wait to see how it does before committing to new figures from the line?

Yeah no question Black Suit Superman is the one to be optimistic about. I mean it's essentially just a repaint, which is easy money for them.

But as you and SJ2106 have said, it does suck that they never do the villains. I wonder if that is an asian thing ??

I guess it will also depend on the physical size of Darkseid in the Snyder Cut movie/series. If he is roughly the same as The Hulk or Thanos then that will of course make it far easier and more likely that Hot Toys will do him and use one of those existing bodies.

Let's just hope Zach or the guy doing the Darkseid CGI is a Hot Toys collector ! :lol

I guess in reality we'll probably get Black Suit Superman and probably Cyborg. Considering they already did most of the development for the prototype, and if he is supposed to be the heart of the Snyder Cut story that surely helps too.

Darkseid is an outside chance depending if multiple stars align. Nightmare Bats if he has more footage and it's a hit. Ideally if there is a scene with him and Black Suit Supes.

DC Fandome will be interesting to see if there are any further announcements re: Affleck and his final standalone movie which he walked away from back then due to studio issues, divorce etc etc. but maybe up for now....

There's a sort of perfect storm brewing for success of ZSJL. Film production currently on hold but people getting cabin fever and craving their big blockbuster fix. People wanting their next Endgame or Stranger Things. A lot of hype surrounding the film in the sense of it being a kind of mythic unicorn. (Like irl someone actually captured a Sasquatch, or a UFO landed on the White House lawn, lol.) Fans actually making it happen, etc., and ushering in a sea change in how the studio handles directorial creative freedom (at least with Snyder but I'm sure we'll get the Ayer Cut of SS as well), etc.

I've watched a video about it recently titled "too big to fail." Like already critics and the infotainment media are already getting on the bandwagon to support it now even before it releases. I'm not sure about that but if craft-wise it's of the same quality of Watchmen, MoS, and BvS (or even more so) I think they're ready to deal with Snyder's style and tone positively and not just reject it out of hand. Before dog piling on Snyder that was the thing that got mass social acceptance, but now it'll be the other way around. It's comeback redemption story now--and the media has the power to use that to get clicks, so they'll flex those muscles to express their power.

Anyway point being that if ZSJL is a cultural success I predict we're going to see:

Black suit Superman
Uxas (young Darkseid during the invasion in the history lesson)
original design Steppenwolf (aka the "spikey ****er")
And, yes, Cyborg

I think the four above are definites.

Maybes:

Possible new version of Knightmare Batman, since reportedly there's more footage of that (crossing my fingers on this).

A ZSJL parademon? Like the one that hits Batman in the head and knocks him out in the BvS Knightmare. There's tons of detail to the costume and with light-up eyes... That would be an impressive looking figure on a shelf! In the BvS Knightmare scene parademons are scary.

Depending on how cool they look in the film, even if they show up only briefly, maybe a Green Lantern (Ryan Reynolds?) and Martian Manhunter?

I think that putting that much effort into thinking hot toys will actually do this, when they have teased a Shazam figure, Batman forever figures, not get into the Joker figure race, and delayed the hell out of the original justice league line, is unnecessary.

You can only put any hope on third party makers.

You can only put any hope on third party makers.

I'll buy a figure from a 3rd party.

Toys Era seems to be stepping up their game recently with their figures from Deadpool. I'll take whatever I can get for figures from ZNJL to be honest.

If Darkseid turns out the be very large they could use their Tank body made for Juggernaught, or if smaller they have the body from The Steel.

Headsculpt + paint is always the problem area for these smaller companies. But surely they could pull of a Darkseid face sculpt though. So many independant artists getting as good as HT these days.

But let's see HT may surprise us, however I'm not holding my breath.

Hot Toys will do next to nothing. Maybe a black suit superman with the same BvS sculpt, if they feel wild and crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back