Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That?s the thing,

I asked the blogger on IG whether he has any info regarding SM. He said as per his knowledge there are no releases till the end of the month.

If it gets released mid September then great, but I'll hardly be surprised if that doesn't happen. I'm expecting it by the last week of September, though.

I'm willing to bet money the next Superman, whatever form that takes, is conceived and marketed as a crowd pleaser...

Both of Ben Affleck's movies were massively panned and neither performed as well at the box office as expected. So when Ben left (which again, does not seem to be some massive conspiracy; dude dedicated years to preparing for a movie he clearly believed in that ultimately was not received as well as ANYONE was hoping it would) they gave the new director free reign to do what he wanted rather than make it a continuation of Snyder's version. Which is more or less what they seem to be doing with DC films as a whole.

At this stage I don't think anyone will be surprised if it they play it safe. To what degree Joker (if successful) changes the studio's general thinking about artistic risk-taking, degree of artistic freedom for the director, and specifically what Abrams would most want to do, we'll have to wait and see. Presumably part of the deal with Abrams is that he gets to determine final cut, I would think. He's one of the handful of directors out there that has it like that.

Note that with Affleck I said "in part." Much of what you note may well be true about WB possibly doubting whether he'd be able to deliver a successful film, what with his drinking and the underperformance of Live by Night. But I don't think he was continuing Snyder's vision for the character, necessarily. (I'm aware that you said "version.") I'd expect that he would have put his own unique stamp on The Batman. As for continuing the character, best I can see most folks really dug Affleck in the role! And more broadly WB seems to have no problem continuing with the other JL members that Snyder introduced. WW, Aquaman, and Flash are all moving forward. I think they've held off on Superman because Abrams has had dibs on that character and he is just now finally about to be able to turn his attention to it.

Yeah. To the best of my knowledge it?s the only time they have ever teased a new figure that?s due out that quarter with the body of the new one and the headsculpt of the old one.
We were all full of nerd rage until the new one released with the new head, lol.

1c6c38430f444c83319ebe8211325ba8.jpg

On a side note, I quite like the MoS sculpt on the newer Superman body, actually I may pick up a spare MoS head to display on this highly anticipated JL Supes if I feel subpar with the new head sculpts; I like the more vibrant colors.

On a side note, I quite like the MoS sculpt on the newer Superman body, actually I may pick up a spare MoS head to display on this highly anticipated JL Supes if I feel subpar with the new head sculpts; I like the more vibrant colors.

Give me a shout if you do. I think I have some spare MOS sculpts in my sale thread.

Hair style/part aside (which really doesn't bother me personally as this is a general modern Superman representation for my display) the BvS sculpt is still pretty good imo.

Add a more modern paint app (which HT definitely have improved over the last couple of years) and the sculpt will look great I think.

In regards to the comparison between the promotion of the BVS head on JL to MOS head on BVS.

I think that there is a marketing promotion difference in that the preorder for the BVS version did not have a MOS head sculpt on it. While the JL version has a BVS head sculpt for potential preorder customers. Makes much more sense from a business POV to sell the BVS head on JL since that?s what the product advertises and it would be unlawful to sell otherwise.

In regards to the comparison between the promotion of the BVS head on JL to MOS head on BVS.

I think that there is a marketing promotion difference in that the preorder for the BVS version did not have a MOS head sculpt on it. While the JL version has a BVS head sculpt for potential preorder customers. Makes much more sense from a business POV to sell the BVS head on JL since that?s what the product advertises and it would be unlawful to sell otherwise.

Doesn't HT always feature a disclaimer on the preorder page that final product may appear different from what is shown?

SJW is short for social justice warrior, usually used as derogatory. It's a phrase used by people that don't like inclusivity. SW is Star Wars. The sequel trilogy features as leading heroes a female and a black man, so obviously the people that don't like inclusivity think that it's horrible SJW stuff.

That's probably a good idea. I've got the MoS and BvS versions, and I think I'm still looking forward to this guy over any of the other JL releases. Can't get here soon enough. I keep hoping the extensive delay means the sculpt might better reflect the movie, but to me that would be icing on an already delicious cake.

I think I might and take one for the team by calling HT this Monday and trying to get a sense of things.

Wish me luck

Back