Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Justin minimizes that in the film the neck does look broader--and then the head looks less egg shaped--than compared with the figure. But there's an easy looking modification to fix that (see the Unreal Toys modding video), so apparently not a problem. In the last comparison shot in this video you can see more musculature in the quads which the figure lacks. If you watch Lucky's video for this figure one can imagine a fix for it but it probably would not look as good as if HT had incorporated it into the padding beneath the fabric. And I agree with Justin that the Bat symbol should have been painted darker to stand out more. Maybe if Lucky continues to tinker with the figure we'll see quads and chest Bat logo modded as well:

NOTE: the second after I opened the box, I mod it right away.

What annoys me with this figure (especially after looking at that comparison video) is how much the Bat symbol DOESN'T stand out.

Lucky I assume you have re-painted Bat symbols in the past. Do you plan to do it with this one ? Would you simply mask off and use an airbrush to make the Bat symbol darker ? Any tips on which colour/type paint ?

The figure is very, very good (not the cape) but as the video shows, it really doesn't match the movie suit in a number of ways.

What annoys me with this figure (especially after looking at that comparison video) is how much the Bat symbol DOESN'T stand out.

Lucky I assume you have re-painted Bat symbols in the past. Do you plan to do it with this one ? Would you simply mask off and use an airbrush to make the Bat symbol darker ? Any tips on which colour/type paint ?

I'd be tempted to just use a very fine tipped brush and repaint with a wash.

I'm surprised how innacurate the suit is. I know it looks dark grey in the on set pics but what colour did the suit appear in the movie? Did it have that blueish hue this figure seems to? I can't bring myself to rewatch lol.

I'm surprised how innacurate the suit is. I know it looks dark grey in the on set pics but what colour did the suit appear in the movie? Did it have that blueish hue this figure seems to? I can't bring myself to rewatch lol.

Yeah, Whedon did some color grading that changes what Snyder shot, as we know. Superman's suit ends up looking turquoise. I recall no hint of a bluish tone to the Batsuit in any of the Snyder trailers. The suit looked gray. But then again those scenes in the trailers from Snyder's cut were all filmed at night, IIRC.

The League's fight with Superman Whedon changed to daytime, and he reshot a good deal of it, so a YT video of that scene might answer whether there's a bluish tint or not in Josstice League.

fe6471fc6b59e8b9d02c4fc3a5d72bf1.jpg

d4cf531d2b7b6154bc90bbd07037e168.jpg

6115105c8640a976493b25fa71f0f162.jpg

72f85ae28c37a10bd21a103fdb430a57.jpg

cf5cb4e59a66f9abcffcecba9655952d.jpg

0134a6cb11fd2425643d163bab857174.jpg

P1:This is a ?cutting? mod but he looks stronger[emoji16]

P2With my cape(new cape will be released in few days)

P3 Reshape the cowl by using hot water or steam and then put it into cold water.This will remove the gap between cape and cowl.

P4 Body mod step1
Take off the suit

P5 Step2 remove those pad

P6 Step 3 add 5 pieces of Eva pad at abbs,triceps and you know where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jaxon, that looks great. I think I might just make some of these mods when I get mine.

Best way to get more of the BvS look and the newer headculpt etc all in one.

I went ahead and ordered this one. I'll use the parademon base and blaster with Tactical Suit Batman.

By all indications it's the last Batfleck, so... had to get him. And overall the cowl looks damn good. Knowing that I can mod the neck to make it a bit wider is what ultimately tipped the scales for me. I wish his legs were more accurate to the movie, i.e., that the quads had more muscle definition on them. But I'm sure I'll be pleased overall.

Now I want a really badass gargoyle display stand for this figure. With Unreal Customs' doublesided wired cape.

I know it may be a bit over the top but those mods Jaxon did to the biceps and upper body do make him look pretty awesome.

Maybe some thin padding on the quads and he'd be the optimal Batman.

I think Pattinson is going to struggle to be better than this Batman in pure bad ass physique and coolness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the neck mod out on mine. Kinda hard to tell with out a before and after comparison photo.
3d4583165b69655250a9d763880f792e.jpg
d2ef4282da3ab207fc07da383bd41edc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this, I find it encouraging! Because to my eyes, just looking at those pictures it looks like widening the neck deemphasizes the egg shape of the lower half of the cowl that the narrow stock neck creates. In other words, when I see those pictures I see neither a thin neck or egg shaped cowl. I just see a great looking cowl.

I guess the only concern I have with the neck mod is will it over time stress the rubber enough to cause it to crack. But the material for the cowl's neck looks plenty thick, so I would think that widening it slightly won't do what I fear.

I know it may be a bit over the top but those mods Jaxon did to the biceps and upper body do make him look pretty awesome.

Maybe some thin padding on the quads and he'd be the optimal Batman.

Just judging from the video reviews thus far... for my taste anyway, I don't think he'll really need padding except on the quads. He already looks roided out with the BvS chest mod and unmodded in the JL Tactical Suit. I think I'll appreciate having one that is a bit leaner, where he'd be more agile. To my eye, though, the legs look underdeveloped without some definition on the quads.

I think Pattinson is going to struggle to be better than this Batman in pure bad ass physique and coolness.

Actually Snyder's/Affleck's Batman was such a force of nature that I think Reeves/Pattinson will deliberately go the other direction to avoid comparison, at least to start. That's why the first film will be the psychological thriller, and will focus on Batman's subjective pov. As a younger Batman still early in his career.

I've only seen Good Time (it was free on Prime) and the Variety interview with Pattinson. That's literally all I have seen of him. I'm sure we'll see a transformation inside a Batman film. But I'm sorry: Pattinson, while obviously a really nice guy and a great actor, looks skinny, disheveled, and sickly to me. He does not exude the physicality that I associate in my mind's eye with Batman. I think I'm going to struggle with him as Batman, honestly. I want to enjoy hm in the role, so I hope not! But what can I say? I'm biased by the Snyder/Affleck version.

Neck mod looks great. However it makes me think that the body is somehow too small in proportion. Maybe I just have the bulkier body mods by Jaxxon and Lucky in mind now ???

I really think I'll be doing all of those mods myself the more I think about it. It's one of the things I like most about the BVS figure.

fe6471fc6b59e8b9d02c4fc3a5d72bf1.jpg

Using a magnet to hold down the tab on the cowl for this figure gives me the idea that the standard suit BvS figure could be modded in the same way... I.e., affix a thin magnet to the underside of that nub (that annoyingly sticks up even more as you push the head down), and add a stronger magnet (properly oriented pole-wise) under the suit beneath it.

Back