Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's nice to hear some DCEU love though! It's nice to see my thoughts summarized so well by others (@silverstar and helhgan). Personally for me MoS is my favourite DCEU/MCU movie.

Followed by BVS. Then iron man (1). Then all the other marvel movies and WW fall about the same place for me. And in dead last suicide squad. Lol. They had some nice hair and make up though. And.. Won an Oscar for it lol.

I also agree about first class, Logan , and deadpool being the best marvel movies overall. Fox has made both the worst and best outside of iron man. (And the worst in Thor the dark world)

As for the fire itself I hope they resculpted the cowl to look more like in the promotional pictures. Something around his brow area and his 'crows feet' looks off from the real thing. Almost inverted. If they could nail that I'd like this over BVS thick neck version.

I feel DCEU is trying to add in that serious tone but just falls flat.
Nolanverse was the type of serious they need in order for it to work.
Watching BvS, it just feels like theyre trying too hard.

In any case:

MCU and DCEU and Fox Marvel all the way!

Sorry but I like being entertained!

Also, in BvS, I felt they really dumbed down Batman.

Where is the detective work? He had to steal the rock? He had to steal data off a computer? Everything was essentially done for the dude.
He never did anything in the similar fashion that Bale did actually investigating any clues and going out there doing detective work.

Essentially, he's just a thug wearing a Batsuit with fancy gadgets.

Where is the detective work? He had to steal the rock? He had to steal data off a computer? Everything was essentially done for the dude.
He never did anything in the similar fashion that Bale did actually investigating any clues and going out there doing detective work.

Essentially, that's what he'd become yes. That was kinda the point though, to show him at his lowest point. Years of crime, corruption and tragedy had ground him down to the cynical mess we saw on screen. Superman basically saved him and Wonder Woman to some extent.

Maybe not perfectly executed but I still prefer that to what was done with Bale's Batman in TDKR. A couple of years in the cowl, 8 years hiding away then faking his own death to retire. That movie really ruined the trilogy for me. Also, after all the origin stories it was just good to see an older grizzled Batman.

Essentially, that's what he'd become yes. That was kinda the point though, to show him at his lowest point. Years of crime, corruption and tragedy had ground him down to the cynical mess we saw on screen. Superman basically saved him and Wonder Woman to some extent.

Maybe not perfectly executed but I still prefer that to what was done with Bale's Batman in TDKR. A couple of years in the cowl, 8 years hiding away then faking his own death to retire. That movie really ruined the trilogy for me. Also, after all the origin stories it was just good to see an older grizzled Batman.

I understand.

In the end, they were all entertaining to some extent. I'm cool with that.

:exactly:...regarding the point of Batman in BvS.

I really liked TDK trilogy, but I do admit the ending was a little anticlimactic and peculiar. I would have preferred they just had him actually die heroically, if they knew that would be the final TDK film.

I understand.

In the end, they were all entertaining to some extent. I'm cool with that.

Same here. When all is said and done, I'm entertained by both the DCEU and the MCU. Just for my personal taste as far as what I personally like in a superhero film, the DCEU hits the mark a bit better for me.

How many examples of "detective work" did the Nolanverse contain?

I understand and appreciate that people have their own personal favourite variants of characters – but let's be honest here, there are only a few examples of Batman detecting in three Nolanverse movies, we saw Batman in BvS doing as much.

:exactly:...regarding the point of Batman in BvS.

I really liked TDK trilogy, but I do admit the ending was a little anticlimactic and peculiar. I would have preferred they just had him actually die heroically, if they knew that would be the final TDK film.

Don't get me started on TDKR... such an anti-climax, soooo many things wrong in that movie – very disappointing after Nolan had given us two great movies (not just comic book movies) beforehand.

Batman's gadgets allowing him to see the past never really sat well with me while playing Origins and Knight.

Yeah I agree there - back to TDK, the whole "reconstructing the bullet" scene I didn't like as the tech seems too far fetched, even for a comic book movie... bit like Bond having the invisible Aston Martin!

I want to see Batman detecting, but keep it plausible (as plausible as a man dressed as a Bat can get) :wink1:

If this figure does come with an unmasked Bruce Wayne head, that probably means the cape would be attached to the neck/traps this time. I just would hope that when you turn the head, it doesn't cause the sides of the cowl to stick out. It would be cool if Hot Toys could make a flexible cowl like in BvS where you can turn the head without the whole cowl moving. But then who knows how durable it would be over time.

Speaking of which, I hope it does have good movement in the movie. I need me some fluid fight scenes in JL like the warehouse scene.

If this figure does come with an unmasked Bruce Wayne head, that probably means the cape would be attached to the neck/traps this time. I just would hope that when you turn the head, it doesn't cause the sides of the cowl to stick out. It would be cool if Hot Toys could make a flexible cowl like in BvS where you can turn the head without the whole cowl moving. But then who knows how durable it would be over time.

I completely agree. HT could easily make his head a separate piece like they did with the Arkham City Batman figure. I'd much rather have that than have his head and traps be one piece.

Real, wearable cowl or GTFO.

BARBIE-BATMAN-V-SUPERMAN-Batman-04.jpg

IMG_0645.JPG
Picture from Action Figure Barbeque.

The cowl is a tighter fit, they rounded off the jawline, shrunk his traps & neck, made his nose less pointy, made the crows feet more prominent, and gave him new ears. All of those changes together make for an overall less threatening look.

80b7rs4jujoy.jpg

Back