Hot Toys John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My JW just shipped . I look forward to hearing what everyone else who has one incoming thinks once it's received. I own both eleven sculpts and my opinion isn't so high on them that I think they are in any way superior to hot toys from what I've seen at ny comic con and youtube reviews . Not to mention fine tailoring on a suit at sixth scale is worth the price for me

I just live chatted to chase mine up & they put through payment there and then for me-should get my tracking in the next 24 hrs.
Best chat advisor iv dealt with from sideshow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charged Wednesday morning and still hasn't shipped...
Same. They said I'm one of the next people on their "pick list" though (whatever that means) and that it will ship in their next business day or two, which is a bit annoying because they usually ship same day (or next day) after they charge you. Oh well though, first world problems, I suppose.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Almost forgot to mention HT Spiderman Homecoming re-release this year as well.

Don't know how other collectors are taking to these re-releases and offset repros, however the bang for the buck of having what should be a limited collectible is falling real fast. Guess it's pie in the face.

Love that kind of attitude of replies...you all rock!

To shed money on these figures going from 150 at the time of the HT Godfather figure to about 250 a pop today with no care...Awesome mentality.

Screw the college loans, house morgage, car payments, family bills, juniors future college education, grandkids and let us not forget your own retirement fund along with the hopes no surprises come up on that one day to loose such fortune.

Love that mentality! Party on...!

Anyway JW is an awesome figure and will put this last final relic right next to my first HT Godfather in 2008 that came with chair, cat, cup, background and a whole smorgasbord of other accessories that came with it at 150 dollars.

I spoke with customer service and they told me that mine would be shipping today. Told me delivery should be tomorrow or Monday.

Love that kind of attitude of replies...you all rock!

To shed money on these figures going from 150 at the time of the HT Godfather figure to about 250 a pop today with no care...Awesome mentality.

Screw the college loans, house morgage, car payments, family bills, juniors future college education, grandkids and let us not forget your own retirement fund along with the hopes no surprises come up on that one day to loose such fortune.

Love that mentality! Party on...!

Anyway JW is an awesome figure and will put this last final relic right next to my first HT Godfather in 2008 that came with chair, cat, cup, background and a whole smorgasbord of other accessories that came with it at 150 dollars.

tHu9pcv.gif

If collecting sixth scale figures is this damaging to your financial peace of mind you are exiting at the right time . The halcyon days of 150 dollar hot toys is long past.
Right, but ... John Wick thread.

Mines shipped today, should have him Wednesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine yesterday. Quick review. Excellent tailoring, excellent paint, great accessories. Personally, I really like the headsculpt. I honestly don't believe the customs I've seen better it. To be fair and objective, it could have used a fuller beard. Also, although I don't mind the hair "down" look, as the suit is so pristine, I would have preferred a clean, slicked-back headsculpt. Also, from a battle damaged point of view, if you're going to have some blood on his face/head, then really some of the hands included should have had bruised/bloodied knuckles as he was in that point of John Wick 2. Also, instead of so many coins, as accessories, I would have really liked a belt for extra magazines, and ammo, or the shotgun shell belt he has in the film as well. Hoping to find useable ones separately to add to the figure. But from shelf distance, it's an excellent figure. Also, posing is challenging, but the suit is really not that restrictive. Just takes time and patience to get the poses you want. Here are some quick shots. Pardon the cell phone cam...
thumbnail_20190727_183137.jpg
IMG_6158.jpg

"John.... you working tonight?" "Afraid so..."
IMG_6165.jpg
IMG_6166.jpg
IMG_6168.jpg
IMG_6172.jpg
IMG_6178.jpg
IMG_6180.jpg
IMG_6175.jpg
IMG_6164.jpg

Dammit... I don't understand why some pictures upload rotated. All pics taken from the same phone, in a portrait orientation, but when I upload the pics, some are rotated......sorry about that, folks...

Back