Hot Toys John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting on the Mr Z dog to complete this shelf. Outstanding figure 20200816_182104.jpg

Attachments

• 20200816_182148.jpg
    20200816_182148.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Honestly, I think the hot toys sculpt is good. The others look ok, but there is no 3rd party that will match hot toys paint. I haven?t seen the price on any of the 3rd party heads, but if they are under $40 I?d be up for getting some of them for comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, I think the hot toys sculpt is good. The others look ok, but there is no 3rd party that will match hot toys paint. I haven?t seen the price on any of the 3rd party heads, but if they are under $40 I?d be up for getting some of them for comparison.

Have to agree
All the 3rd party heads have a weird look to them, wether it?s the hair of the overall head shape. They just look like cheap knock offs

That Eleven sculpt is definitely the best third party attempt I've seen yet. I still think the HT still has the strongest underlying sculpt, but it really takes a rooted hair job and beard repaint by someone like Jki Customs to bring it out properly. Without any of that it just looks very bland and generic.

Yeah, the HT sculpt won’t be replaced. 3rd party sculpts are good for a custom figure. I’m not mad at that.

Actually, to be honest, I never liked the HT sculpt when I saw it. Held off getting the HT John Wick for the looooongest time, because of the sculpt. Got him at Sideshow, not long before he sold out (1st release). But in person I came to like the figure (& the sculpt). So my thinking is that, if I like that Vimal sculpt right away from the pics, then I might like it quite a bit more in person. Maybe better than the HT in person? I guess I’ll see.

I definitely see the most Keanu in the HT one. It's not perfect but it's closer than the three current aftermarket ones. I like the Vimal but it's just not quite there. If I could use the hair from the Vimal on the HT, that'd make for a good combo IMO.

I repainted my Jin Toys sculpts as I felt the skin colour was too tanned and the expression was not intense enough for me.

Attachments

• 20200810_230331-1.jpg
    20200810_230331-1.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 229
  • 20200810_230343-1.jpg
    20200810_230343-1.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 225
  • 20200810_232621-1.jpg
    20200810_232621-1.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 228
  • 20200810_232658-1-1.jpg
    20200810_232658-1-1.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 231
He definitely is a great figure. Im contemplating on using my SS rewards points($213) towards another JW figure. Ill also be having the JW headsculpt re-haired soon.
b9d7df67a7d81f9bb593ffab8f524080.jpg
Love the street base and the dog.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

So how good does this figure look in hand? I'm thinking about picking it up but I'm not sure about the head sculpt. Of course I'm also considering the SooSoo Toys head sculpt as a replacement.

I was the same. Didn’t buy because the sculpt wasn’t impressive. Finally purchased it, & was happy I did. I feel it’s better in person, but of course, still could be better. But I like it now.

So how good does this figure look in hand? I'm thinking about picking it up but I'm not sure about the head sculpt. Of course I'm also considering the SooSoo Toys head sculpt as a replacement.

There is a slight difference between the HT promo pics and having the figure in hand. IMO the head sculpt in the promo pics has more fine detail but the in hand version looks more like Keanu (odd I know) and is far superior to the SooSoo version.

Overall I highly recommend the figure. It comes with a tiny pencil, bonus points for that.

I had almost zero interest until I saw the How To Be A Poser video. Solid sculpt, excellent tailoring and those accessories, whoah boy, outstanding.

Back