Hot Toys John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find with 1/6 scale figures, it's not usually the sculpt or the paint that's the issue. Normally it's the photography. ALL 1/6 figs look different in-hand, simply due to the way our eyes and brains work versus a camera. I'm pretty sure others have already gone into technical details on other sites or forum threads. I'm sure this will look excellent.
That said, I'm a little disappointed in the accessories. Although I'll be very happy with what we receive, I think a non-injured headsculpt with the more slicked hair should have been created/included (considering how often he has that look in JW1 and JW2). I also would have liked a white shirt (which I'll pick up anyway), but more importantly, holsters and ammo belts. To be honest, the pencil is hilarious, but I don't think I'll display that gun box at all. If they were going to do a box, I would have preferred a huge case (like the one he digs out of his basement). I also don't think he needed that many coins, or 2 different markers. He's also missing his watch.
This is just picking nits mind you... Really looking forward to this figure!!!

Yeah good point about the holsters. It would have been fun to load him up with everything like in the movie, or at least put on that cool gun belt he wears during the catacomb scene.

So I have to ask

Do you think this figure would look better with rooted hair?

I wonder if UnReal Customs and others are thinking about it :dunno

If HT listened , what do the collectors prefer the order of release of John Wick figures produced from each film should be

John Wick
JohnWick 2
John Wick 3

I suppose I think of the Neo look as more iconic Keanu, so even though the JW sculpt does a good job of his new look, part of my brain doesn't really think of it as being him. Younger audiences may come to know this as the iconic Keanu look, just like according to memes out there at least, there is a generation of fan who thinks of Alan Rickman only as being Snape, and do the whole "RIP Snape" thing each year during the anniversary of his death.

I suppose I think of the Neo look as more iconic Keanu, so even though the JW sculpt does a good job of his new look, part of my brain doesn't really think of it as being him. Younger audiences may come to know this as the iconic Keanu look, just like according to memes out there at least, there is a generation of fan who thinks of Alan Rickman only as being Snape, and do the whole "RIP Snape" thing each year during the anniversary of his death.

I’ll never forget Rickman as Hans Gruber first from DH though but that’s just me :wink1:

In fact when I saw HP the very first time, I said “ my god..It’s Hans “ :lol

Just went to Secret base to see this guy. Trust me it looks way better in real life than the recent photos posted on facebook.

Eh, hands don't look any more oversized to me than on most HT figures. I think the only time that's really been a glaring issue for me is with Tarkin.

I thought that was an interesting comparison in the review, and shows how the face is just too wide and not as long as it should be. Which is something those custom sculpts got right, even if the HT sculpt is a whole lot better and more realistic overall. And maybe darkening the sides of the beard would help with that a little bit...

hhggg.JPG

Back