Hot Toys Jedi Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that Luke isn't wearing his outer tunic during the Death Star scenes, because it makes him look more streamlined and more dark. Losing that bit of gray really looks to me as if he's embracing the dark side in his attire, even more so than before.

The streamlined look is also very imperial, as if you put a hat on him he wouldn't look that much different than the imperial officers on the various stations / ships.

Yeah, this "shut up you troll" **** happens in every HT thread. It's like anything in any way negative creates panic attacks for some people.

And GG... Chatty Kathy hasn't seen release in over 50 years.:lol

I didn't tell you to shut up and I didn't say you were trolling, I just don't think complaints at this stage of the game are worth anything. You were assuming I was like everyone else who thinks negativity is the devil, and because of that assumption you decided to immediately get overly defensive lol. It's like, let's complain so that when hot toys actually reveals the figure and most if not all problems are already fixed, why was I complaining months back? Do you though I guess, this must be why we have the ignore feature on here. To block stupid posts and overly sensitive people.

I like that Luke isn't wearing his outer tunic during the Death Star scenes, because it makes him look more streamlined and more dark. Losing that bit of gray really looks to me as if he's embracing the dark side in his attire, even more so than before.

The streamlined look is also very imperial, as if you put a hat on him he wouldn't look that much different than the imperial officers on the various stations / ships.
Good point about the outer cloak. Originally he was going to be wearing that on tatooine I think.

I thought he lost it in the rancor pit and that was why he didn't have it the rest of the film. Looking back on ROTJ, if Lucas really wanted to create some tension, maybe having Luke rescue everyone by using dark side powers would have played out better, it certainly would have made for a more interesting end of the film.

The cloak is indeed lost in the rancor pit.

The outer tunic is gifted to an ewok in an unfilmed but scripted scene if I remember correctly.

Good point about the outer cloak. Originally he was going to be wearing that on tatooine I think.

I thought he lost it in the rancor pit and that was why he didn't have it the rest of the film. Looking back on ROTJ, if Lucas really wanted to create some tension, maybe having Luke rescue everyone by using dark side powers would have played out better, it certainly would have made for a more interesting end of the film.
He needed Obi Wan to teach him the skill of dropping your cloak anywhere but it to magically reappear later on!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure the tunic and cloak will come with Luke. Not sure about the Endor gear, though. I'll pass on this Luke--I'm holding out for an HT snowspeeder Luke. Someday!

They probably cropped the heads off the pictures because they're still waiting on LFL approvals, perhaps?

Definitely getting:
Han in Stormie gear (already PO'd)
Hoth Leia

Likely:
Snowtrooper

Considering:
Deluxe Jyn
K-2SO

I didn't tell you to shut up and I didn't say you were trolling, I just don't think complaints at this stage of the game are worth anything. You were assuming I was like everyone else who thinks negativity is the devil, and because of that assumption you decided to immediately get overly defensive lol. It's like, let's complain so that when hot toys actually reveals the figure and most if not all problems are already fixed, why was I complaining months back? Do you though I guess, this must be why we have the ignore feature on here. To block stupid posts and overly sensitive people.

Just let people say what they want.

And move on.

Time to sell your Sideshow Jedi Lukes.... :lol

Are they going for anything? I've got 3 :lol Although it was much easier to double/triple up when the figures were $50.

The exclusive can be a rancor bone and maybe the Jabba goon pistol or something.

I have a feeling that the standard will be the DSII Luke, then the Deluxe will be all the parts included with the Jabba's Palace version. Rancor bone, vest, damaged hand, cloak.

Hopefully it's not 18 months out.

I have a feeling these will be offered up at SDCC probably out by Q2 next year.

The cloak is indeed lost in the rancor pit.

The outer tunic is gifted to an ewok in an unfilmed but scripted scene if I remember correctly.

So he hands his tunic to an Ewok before he surrenders himself ? I DID not know that... thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the ewok thing a joke or is that actually what happens to it? :lol

Is the ewok thing a joke or is that actually what happens to it? :lol

Oh, what happened was no joke.

latest

This has always been at the top of my most desired Hot Toys list.

1. Jedi Luke
2. ROTJ Vader
3. The Emperor
4. Tarkin
5. Yoda
6. Lando
7. R2 and C3PO
8. Admiral Ackbar
9. Royal Guard
10. Millennium Falcon cockpit

I'm glad to see so much of my wishlist becoming real.

Oh, Luke did use dark side powers, at the beginning of ROTJ, where he force choked the Gamorrean guards on his way in. And the totally black outfit was also to let us worry if he was going to turn to the dark side, but in the end when the shirt was cut, it was revealed it was white inside, showing that Luke would not turn to the dark side.

That said, I have been lurking around SSF for years now haha, never bothered to create an account or post. But now, seeing the teaser of this figure (one which I have waited for years before HT even got the SW license), I can't wait to jump in and share the excitement. And I hope I will have a great time here with the rest of you guys. Really hoping this figure turns out well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back