Hot Toys Iron Man Quality Control Issues.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Kimchi

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey all, i dont know if this has been posted before. But I realised, other than the usual pink panties issue with mark 3, 4, and 6. There are other quality control issues with my iron man figures.

All bought brand new

War Machine Milk has a crack on left stomach.
DSC_0007_zps4afb377b.jpg

Iron Man Mark II AU has black bleeding paint. And black spots on the helmet.
DSC_0008_zps79d4cf1d.jpg

DSC_0009_zps49b3ef26.jpg

Mark V has a line on the stomach
DSC_0012_zpsfe003e6f.jpg

My mark VII also has a black dirt like spot on the right chest vent, not too noticeable so i did not take pictures, but it is there.

Avengers cap's shield, the harness came off the back of the shield(connected in 4 different places, 2 came off already)

Very minor things, but for $200-$300 priced figures, i expect none of these issues exist out of the box.

And as I am not in the states, most of my figures are not bought from official retailers so i could not ask for a return or refund.

Pink panties are common and easy fix but does not mean free of another problem. If you are not sure DIY, try to contact somebody who could help you out.
We know USD 200- USD 300 is expensive but for Hot Toys, it is a big money which they produces with as low cost as possible.
Do you even think they care about QC? In the past every figure had their own specialty either super limited edition or only selling in several areas.
Hot toys knows that the opportunity of profit is bigger when they produce more and more of them.
Like you said, from the box itself, it should be hardened packaging, not only a common box. Also not only painting but also some parts not in the place.....well, we still love their products.

Back